Need input on changing reservations without losing OBC

Hi folks,

I'd really appreciate some guidance on whether it will be possible to change guests on reservations so as not to lose OBC (although I think it's only $50).

We were planning a girls cruise in late sept (3 night) that I had booked onboard Mariner last fall- this is where the OBC comes from. I'm listed as first guest, with 2 friends listed as 2nd and 3rd pax. I also added stockholder OBC $50 to that reservation.

During the 6/15 Wow sale, I booked a 4 night Bahamas cruise on Brilliance for myself, DH and DD, and we have $50 OBC from that sailing- figured it was a good deal to use 50,000 RCCL visa points for a free cruise on a Radiance ship.

Long story short, girls weekend cruise is cancelled, but the 3rd pax has decided to take her family and join us on the Brilliance as thier first cruise.

So, I'm trying to figure out if I can change the Sept reservation to the Dec Brilliance sailing and shift the pax in each cabin so that we can keep and share the OBC.

I think my options are:

1. Change Sept reservation to Dec sailing and change pax 1 and 2 to be friend's DH and DD, with no change to our existing Dec reservation for my family.

2. Change Sept reservation to be Dec sailing, keep me as pax #1, substitute friend's DD for pax #2, and then change our existing Dec reservation to have friend's DH replace me as pax #1 and keeping my DH and DD as pax 2 and 3.

Each family would take one of the cabins, can anyone advise which change would work/ be easier to accomplish?

TIA,

Wendy

My understanding is that if guest 1 makes a change, the obc, which is yours, would go with you as long as the res number stays the same. I don't believe there is any way to keep the others on the reservation and the obc.

You are the one who got the obc, stockholder credit, so if you leave the reservation those will be gone. Also, I could be wrong, but if you keep the reservation on Brilliance, as long as you are on the reduced deposit etc. you can't use your stockholder credit.

Good luck with your planning.

For the cruise booked on board in order to keep the OBC you have to keep the same booking number. I just did this last week.

For the WOW sale last week, it is my understanding that no other discounts,offers, stock holder credit are combinable with that so I am not sure what that does to your scenarios.

thanks for the thoughts.

it may be too complicated for the $50 to worry about it.

I'll probably change the Sept reservation to be the Dec sailing we've selected, can the booking I made on 6/15 and let my friend's family book their own reservation.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

happy sailing,

Wendy

Archived