Online Petition - A Holiday Cruise on a Carnival Ship from NYC in 2009

This petition has resulted from a poll on here. If you would like Carnival Cruise Lines to bring up a ship (hopefully Carnival Splendor, Carnival Freedom or Carnival Liberty) to New York City for a 12 Night Holiday cruise in December, 2009 then please sign the online petition.

Once we get at least 150 signatures I will send it to Carnival

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/12232009/petition.html

This petition has resulted from a poll on here. If you would like Carnival Cruise Lines to bring up a ship (hopefully Carnival Splendor, Carnival Freedom or Carnival Liberty) to New York City for a 12 Night Holiday cruise in December, 2009 then please sign the online petition.

Once we get at least 150 signatures I will send it to Carnival

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/12232009/petition.html

Signed it, good luck! Hopefully it will have an impact.

Ok, I've added my signature to the list and I'm ready to put our deposit down IF they will just do it! I'd book this one the minute sales opened! COME ON,,,,,,EVERYONE SIGN!!

Funny this was here cause my DH and I are looking for a 2009 cruise now. We were thinking a back to back with 2 different itineraries BUT this would be just as sweet!

Just wanted to let you know that a TA from another board where I posted this petition has already forwarded both the concept and the petition to her Carnival rep and she is going to forward to the right people. So, if you don't think these boards have power, they do.

If you want Carnival in NYC in 2009 then please sign the petition, not mock it.

Let me get this right. Carnival is going to move a ship to NYC in the winter for 150 signatures. That means they have to start a cruise...say in Miami that ends in NYC...In the winter. That is just what I want to do. Leave warm weather and end up in a snow storm.

Then a 12 day cruise out of NYC. Then the ship has to do a repo (book passangers out of NYC ...colder than a witches teet) with more passangers to Miami....

Boy...I bet Carnival will jump all over this......

LOL:D :eek: ;)

Just looked at your itinerary and you are gonna have to make it at least 14 days......can't get back to NY from Aruba in 2 days. So according to your itinerary, there will have to be 6 sea days. Doubt your petition will work though.

Let me get this right. Carnival is going to move a ship to NYC in the winter for 150 signatures. That means they have to start a cruise...say in Miami that ends in NYC...In the winter. That is just what I want to do. Leave warm weather and end up in a snow storm.

Then a 12 day cruise out of NYC. Then the ship has to do a repo (book passangers out of NYC ...colder than a witches teet) with more passangers to Miami....

Boy...I bet Carnival will jump all over this......

LOL:D :eek: ;)

Just looked at your itinerary and you are gonna have to make it at least 14 days......can't get back to NY from Aruba in 2 days. So according to your itinerary, there will have to be 6 sea days. Doubt your petition will work though.

Exactly my thoughts! I want to go somewhere warm on vacation!

I LOVE THE NEIGH SAYERS!! No, Carnival won't move a ship for 150 people but, what it does show them is that there is interest. If one small group, (such as an online forum board like this one) generates that much interest - then more than likely there would be interest among the general public. AND THAT IS THE POINT. To get the corporation to at least take it under consideration. If it isn't suggested, it wouldn't be considered.

I think it's great that people are even trying, which is more than you're doing...

As far as the itinerary, it states it is a SUGGESTION, no where does it say THIS IS WHAT WE WANT.

And cruising somewhere warm? I do believe the petition indicates that the ship would head to the Caribbean. Not going anywhere cold. Many people want the ability to cruise without flying and, once again THAT IS THE POINT OF A CRUISE FROM NYC.

And might I just add "DAH" :p

I LOVE THE NEIGH SAYERS!! No, Carnival won't move a ship for 150 people but, what it does show them is that there is interest. If one small group, (such as an online forum board like this one) generates that much interest - then more than likely there would be interest among the general public. AND THAT IS THE POINT. To get the corporation to at least take it under consideration. If it isn't suggested, it wouldn't be considered.

I think it's great that people are even trying, which is more than you're doing...

As far as the itinerary, it states it is a SUGGESTION, no where does it say THIS IS WHAT WE WANT.

And cruising somewhere warm? I do believe the petition indicates that the ship would head to the Caribbean. Not going anywhere cold. Many people want the ability to cruise without flying and, once again THAT IS THE POINT OF A CRUISE FROM NYC.

A pipe dream is a pipe dream,so what are they actually trying? I think most of those that say they would go wouldn't. This is primetime sailing week,during a holiday period which would require a repositioning type sailing twice.Once to get the ship to NYC and once back.Getting airfare will be a nightmare,getting in and out of NYC during peak holiday travel is also a problem.The fuel costs alone would be staggering.Why would anyone want to pay $2500-$3000 per person for an inside cabin or $3000-$5000 for an ocean view because that is what it would have to cost. The main reason is the sailing to NYC would have to be cheap because who wants a sailing in the Atlantic that time of year to get off when its freezing.The return repo would require airfare during peak time again so that is so costly.How about a pre or post hotel stay in NYC during that tme period.LOL

The Splendor will be in CA during that time so that ship is out.Taking the other ship from PC during holiday vacation.LOL.:D

A new ship in NYC.:D

But everyone is allowed to dream.

Logistics are another reason as ships are already signed up for berthing into 2010.Check out CCL for December of 2009 in the Caymans....

http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm

There are so many ships,yet limited berths available.

Did you mean..."DUH"......:p :p

I will go back to my original point which is logistics. I am not a neigh sayer. Just looking at it from the point of CCL.

To do a 12 to 14 night cruise out of NYC. they would have to use a ship that does a 6 night/8 night cruise or a 7 night cruise. The ship has to take people from a warm climate (Miami or FLL) and then disembark them in NYC in the winter to fly home the week before Christmas. Isn't that whan airfares are at their highest....????

Then those that want to do this very expensive cruise ($5000 to $10,000) have to fly to NYC. Then fly back home when the weather can be fubar. Then...CCL has to convince people to fly to NYC to do a repo cruise from NYC (in the middle of winter) for 6/7/or 8 nights and end back up in Miami or FLL.

All I have to say is this...Carnival is the biggest cruise operation in the world because......"They are not stupid"....

It will be much cheaper to hop on a plane ....fly to Miami or FLL and sail.

What would be the point of sailing out of NYC that time of year anyways. So you can spend the first 2 1/2 days inside the ship because it will be to cold to be outside...???????

Go ahead and bust my boys...but if those of you that think this is a good idea.........Seek help quickly.......:eek: :D ;)

Archived