best penthouse suites on the caribbean

honeydog714

I was going to first book the crown for the SC but the difference in airfare could be enough to go from a mini suite to a penthouse on caribbean princess instead.

There are several aft penthouses available, is one deck more desireable than the other, are some cabins bigger?

My poor TA will lose her mind as I switch again so i want to do my homework first, also any special perks for penthouses, other than what I get for my elite CC?

You mean Premium Suites (PS), right? Here's the deal, there are 4 on Caribe deck. The two inboard suites have a larger balcony and are slightly larger overall, but the balcony is next to an air conditioning exhaust vent that blows all the time. It can be a bit loud but otherwise doesn't cause much trouble. The two outboard ones lose a bit of balcony space to a vertical support beam that goes through the balcony. Some consider that beam an obstruction. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with any of those cabins. We've been in C749 on a couple different ships, the inboard PS. If I had to do it again, I'd take the beam and be farther from the vent.

We liked A751, which is located aft. Great location, close to aft pool and buffet. HUGE balcony, approx 10'x12'. Try searching in Webshots for this cabin and you should find some pics.

Yes I guess they are called premium suites, I was looking at the aft facing ones. I was looking at C751 and C749 How big is the beam? What is the furniture like out there, do you possibly have any photos? Last time we did princess it was in a mini suite and I really want to make this special- especially since my husband will probably end up killing me for booking it in the first place- BUT next friday is our anniversary and I am going to put the booking in a card and tell him I am going to pay for the entire thing myself, , weekly or monthly but I will manage, my nails and hair will suffer but it is a sacrifice I am willing to make :)

I would go with A751. Have stayed in it myself and read posts of others who enjoyed it as well. Can't beat the location. The balcony includes a teak dining table for four and two teak loungers, all with cushions. We had six adults on it with rooms for twice that many!

Archived