Crocs in the Dining Room?

Personally, while dining, I would much rather be surrounded by crocs, than a room full of skanky toes hanging out of cheap glittery flipflops.

I guess if I had a choice, I'd prefer not to be surrounded by either in the dinning room.:eek:

In four cruises I have yet to even notice what footwear the other diners are wearing. I guess I have been lucky that thus far no one has put their feet on the table and subjected me to questionable footwear styles.

I don’t think many people are aware that there are so many different styles of crocs out there. When they first became popular and ‘stylish’ this year I only knew of the nurse style crocs that I personally would never wear. I think they only look cute on little kids but I wouldn’t even allow my child to wear them into the dinning room on a cruise.

Now, crocs have come along way and there are prettier styles. The flip-flop style to me is very sporty and still should not be worn with capris or a sun-dress. A more fashionable style shoe could be used instead. I can see someone bringing them on a cruise and to save luggage space wearing them to have a multipurpose shoe that can be used on the beach and the ship.

I was not aware of the slipper style shoe so I had to go see them on the website. I have to say that I DO think that these are acceptable footwear for the dinning room. They DO look like they would be a great choice to go with a sun-dress since they don’t seem as clunky as the typical croc.

Also, IMHO no opened heel or opened toe shoe should be worn with socks ever.

Personally, while dining, I would much rather be surrounded by crocs, than a room full of skanky toes hanging out of cheap glittery flipflops.

Personally I wouldn't wear either one when there are so many APPROPRIATE shoe choices.

Crocs are the most comfortable shoes to come around in a long time...I can walk longer in them than sneakers.

UGLY...yeah, sort of..!! But since comfort is #1, I ignore ugly!!

I'd wear them in the dining room on a cruise..on a casual night.

Crocs are the most comfortable shoes to come around in a long time...I can walk longer in them than sneakers.

UGLY...yeah, sort of..!! But since comfort is #1, I ignore ugly!!

I'd wear them in the dining room on a cruise..on a casual night.

....Amen...on all points.. :D

When people think of Crocs, I'm quite sure they think of the original ones, which as we can see above are named by the company, "Beach"....and for good reason.

Thanks, Jane--that sums it up in a nutshell. The "beach" makes the wearer look like s/he has clown feet, particularly in the bright colors. We see them all the time now.

Although I must say that the "sassari" looks kind of cute....

My sister is a nurse, and loves crocs, has a whole croc wardrobe! I asked her what she is going to wear with her formal on our upcoming cruise, and she said she didn't know, so I said, why don't you glue some rhinestones on your crocs!:p :D

Thanks, Jane--that sums it up in a nutshell. The "beach" makes the wearer look like s/he has clown feet, particularly in the bright colors. We see them all the time now.

Although I must say that the "sassari" looks kind of cute....

If I were a beach person or spent more time in the country, I'd probably buy the Cleo style. But I still wouldn't wear them for dinner, unless I was sitting at an outdoor casual beach restaurant.

Actually I am blind....not. (thats not funny I know)

LoL the picture was taken on the Spiderman ride in Universal Studios. They are 3D glasses. The picture is so tiny you cant see thru the glasses which totally takes away from the photo. My S/O is making the funniest face....you ever catch a moment on film that you feel sums up your life? In that moment I am happy. I love it! Make up less, slicked back pony tail and ugly glasses and all!

Usually I just float through life with a lovely pair of rose colored glasses.... :D Not the big black "robocop" ones

Speaking of hideous, did you get those sunglasses from a robocop convention?:D I wouldn't let my cat wear those!

MAC

My sister is a nurse, and loves crocs, has a whole croc wardrobe! I asked her what she is going to wear with her formal on our upcoming cruise, and she said she didn't know, so I said, why don't you glue some rhinestones on your crocs!:p :D

My niece is a labour and delivery nurse. I asked her if she wore Crocs and she said that all the nurses she works with did for a long time, but they have discovered that they didn't give nearly enough arch support to wear for 8 or 10 hour shifts. She's now pregnant and still working and she wears a Rockport or other super supportive shoe instead.

Actually I am blind....not. (thats not funny I know)

LoL the picture was taken on the Spiderman ride in Universal Studios. They are 3D glasses. The picture is so tiny you cant see thru the glasses which totally takes away from the photo. My S/O is making the funniest face....you ever catch a moment on film that you feel sums up your life? In that moment I am happy. I love it! Make up less, slicked back pony tail and ugly glasses and all!

Usually I just float through life with a lovely pair of rose colored glasses.... :D Not the big black "robocop" ones

Ha! I couldn't help making a snarky comment! It is great having a photo that brings a smile to your face every time you look at it. I'm glad those aren't your sunglasses!:D

I have a pair of those rose colored glasses, it is amazing how the world looks through those, I wear them as often as possible!

MAC

My DW and I love reading through the "new posts"... And when I hit upon this post I had to check it out because we had this very same argument. I think Crocs are ugly, and DW loves them, having said that she pointed out a pair on the "Croc site"( see:gg3, she gave the web site). They are called 'Sassari', and I think they just might be of interest to some of you... I was surprised... O.K. for the Dining room ? Well that's up to the individual...;) Check 'em out !!

My DW and I love reading through the "new posts"... And when I hit upon this post I had to check it out because we had this very same argument. I think Crocs are ugly, and DW loves them, having said that she pointed out a pair on the "Croc site"( see:gg3, she gave the web site). They are called 'Sassari', and I think they just might be of interest to some of you... I was surprised... O.K. for the Dining room ? Well that's up to the individual...;) Check 'em out !!
Sorry I missed "Painter" above... She has this same pair shown...

My niece is a labour and delivery nurse. I asked her if she wore Crocs and she said that all the nurses she works with did for a long time, but they have discovered that they didn't give nearly enough arch support to wear for 8 or 10 hour shifts. She's now pregnant and still working and she wears a Rockport or other super supportive shoe instead.

A perfect example of how everybody's feet react differently to different footwear, rockports give me leg cramps, but nike and newbalance work better for me.

MAC

Archived