Belize with Mom, what should we do??

astridwilson

My mom (mid 70s) and I (mid 40s) will be cruising with RC at the end of October. I LOVE to snorkel but my mom does not really like to get in the water. Our 5 night cruise has stops at Cozumel and Key west where we will visit parks and I will snorkel while my mom sits on the beach. No formal snorkeling excursions as my mom would not want to spend money for something she does not want to do. We plan to shop and site see in the mornings and then I will something else in the afternoons I have never been to Belize and I hear the snorkeling is awesome, but is there something else that would be good for both of us to do??

There is another thread on here that talks about CoralBreezeTours dot com. I looked at the website and the excursion to Caulker Caye had the option to snorkel or wait at the beach while the others snorkeled. This might be great for you and your mother. The snorkeling in Belize is supposed to be really good. The people who had been on this tour did the beach day and really liked it.

I hear the snorkeling is awesome, but is there something else that would be good for both of us to do??

Try a trip to Bannister Island or Caye Caulker. Bannister is a lovely place where mom can veg out on the beach, eat, drink and just take it easy and you can take a short boat trip and snorkel on the reef. It is pretty nice and can be booked at the tender dock.

P.S. Tell mom to take plenty of pictures of the island. It is gorgeous.

How do you best get to Caye Caulker from the cruise dock?

When do you go when you get there?

There is a water taxi that leaves from the tender pier. You can google and get a schedule and prices.

There are two vendors who do a snorkeling excursion to Caye Caulker or Banister Island and both have a ride along rate. My mom has said I could go by myself, but do not really want to. Will my mom be safe on the island by herself if she just rode along to the island and then hung out??

The vendors are shoretrips dot com and coralbreezetours dot com. Has any one used these vendors before?

The trip is almost 5 hours, we will not really have time to see Belize, is there any thing we will be missing right by the pier?

Once you leave the tourism village and are out in downtown Belize, there is nothing in the immediate area. Send your mother to the "Split"2769856930100107089S500x500Q85.jpg on Caye Caulker. The island is laid back and friendly. Taxi golf carts will take you anywhere on the island and pick you up at any predetermined time.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558507037qrubzs

Archived