Support your local Homeport !(Galveston)

A lttle play on a movie title from a while back :rolleyes: . Only boomers would remember i'm sure. Anyway, I'm pretty sure i read correctly about a year ago that Galveston was the 5th most popular cruise port in the U.S. Don't know if that is still true,and I am certainly no expert on cruising,but I love going out of Galveston and hope that we always can. I think the best way to ensure that is to support it and cruise from our homeport whenever we can. No,i don't mean always ,there are beautiful places in this world that Galveston isn't serving,I know. But to me the Caribbean is the Caribbean ,all beautiful water and beaches,and for me,sometimes, the cruise experience is not just the destination ,but the ship itself and the ultra relaxing days at sea.If you agree,then a cruise out of Galveston would fulfil your desire to cruise,at least to fill in the gap between your more exotic destinations,right? Yes, Galveston is going through some changes at present,in losing some ships,that I hope will be replaced. But,we have the beautiful Carnival Conquest still here (I can personally attest to its high quality product),and Carnival Ecstasy,which was awarded recently and I read has been extensively refurbished ,last April I think. I will know for sure in October :D . And we cancelled a cruise out of Miami and rebooked on Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas in April. I did not cruise Grand Princess while it was in Galveston,and did not want to miss Voyager. Voyager is offering a different itenerary (rotationally), than Conquest. Yes ,Rhapsody is gone ,but Voyager is coming ! Galveston is a unique and quaint city,in which to cruise from,let's support it when we can and it will continue to be there for us.

http://www.galveston.com/webcams/harborhouse/home.htm

Check out the harbor cam.

Galveston is a port I never thought I would ever cruise out of--only because I didn't know anything about it. BUT, after research, looking at the webcams, and talking to people who live near Galveston, I'm so excited to visit in April. In fact, I really wish we could extend our stay there for a couple more nights. Galveston is a destination city. There are just so many good restaurant choices, museums, and sights to see. Plus, the air flight is shorter for us than flying to Florida! We could very well be sailing out of Galveston well in to the future, if cruise lines keep good ships there permanently.

We'd love to see more ships out of Galveston (Houston, too, if we live long enough to see the new port :eek: ).

We prefer Princess and NCL and were so sad to see them both leave Texas :( .

We love cruising out of Galveston because it's only a five hour drive from us. We have the Voyager booked already but I think we may do a short four or five day before that comes around if I see a great deal and can get off from work.

Archived