Diamond Princess Cabin Question

Lindy45

Melinda: any cabin on a cruise beats being home any day. With that being said.. Is this your first cruise?? First time cruiers should try to stay low and in the middle. That way they can see if theydont get sea sick or not. Whydid you take the cabin in the first place.

The newer ships have a better stabilizer so motion is hardly felt. (unless you are prone to motion sickness...

Hi Serene,

Thanks for responding. I agree 100%, the worst day cruising beats the best day of work! I have been on 4 other crusies, not prone to seasickness, I have just never had a cabin in the front. I have stayed in the center and back of the ship and have always been fine. Thanks again!!

I prefer the aft facing balconies...and only been in the middle once. I was in the front on the regal empress---which was commissioned in 1952-- oh mi gawd. I hated everything about that cruise and thank god is was only for a weekend. I ruined my best friend for life with that cruise as she will never ever step a foot onto another cruise ship.

I guess the newer ships are better. Some even have ocena view cabins facing the front..now that would be something.

That cabin is on the economy end of the spectrum, I wouldn't select it but instead a guarentee and end up there if need be. That being said, it is fine and no real problem to staying there for a week.

Thanks for your response Ernie & Srphnx. I don't know what a guarantee means. When I received my booking confirmation this the the room # it has on it. I didn't specifically book this room, but I did need a triple for myself, daughter & Mom.

Who knows...maybe we'll get lucky and get upgraded, but if not I am just plain happy to be going!!

Thanks again,

Melinda

I would check out travelocity or expedia for available cabins in that category that meet your needs. If you see one that's open, you can ask your TA to switch cabins. You can switch as long as the category is the same. I have done it many times. I deposit on a category and get assigned a cabin. I check out the deck plan of the ship, decide whether I like it or not; if not, then I check for open cabins in that category and find one that suits me better. Then I ask my TA to make the change. It's easy and not a problem.

Happy Sailing!

PS We will be in a balcony cabin near yours in November. I'll let you know if motion was a problem when I return.

Archived