WARNING: Laundry special on Miracle

Okay, I absolutely loved my Miracle cruise. My review is glowing, really.....but I would stongly advise against anyone purchasing the $15 laundry special. Unfortunately, I used this service twice - once for the kids clothes, and once for hubby & me. The issue is that the water apparently has rust or chemicals or something because every shirt that I sent that was basically white, came back very yellowed. I have spent the time home trying to bleach back the majority of my shirts. Those items that were solid white have recovered fairly well, but the shirts that have designs and I had to use color-safe bleach, not so much.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what did you do?

Thanks for the heads up! I am headed out on the Miracle in a few days and was just thinking today about whether I wanted to do laundry while on the ship. Guess not!! How about washing up a few things in the bathroom sink with Woolite.....does that cause the same problems??

Kinda funny actually... I didn't think much about the water from the bathroom and drank it every day with the little glass in the bathroom, you know, to take vitamins and advil, whatever. About halfway throught the cruise, I bought a white insulated "Miracle" water bottle to try to drink more water and discovered then that the water was in fact not clear. Until it was in the white bottle, I did not notice the color. ROFL... It didn't taste bad though.

I didn't send my clothes out to have washed, but I did notice that a couple days in the morning when I turned on the water in the bathroom it would be slightly rusty colored. I had to let it run for a few minutes before it went away.

I am going on the Miracle in November for an eight night cruise but spending three nights in Florida first. My plan was to do laundry. I have to seriously think about this now. That really is my fear of ruined clothes which is why I would only do my laundry myself.

Call your water company and explain this situation to them. The water department here has a rust remover you place in the water in case this happens at home when they are flushing the lines and this happens they may sell you something.

I had the opposite problem on the Pride. I sent some dark things out to be washed and they came back bleached out.:eek: Since then I only send items that I won't shed tears over if they get ruined (underwear, socks.etc.).

I had the opposite problem on the Pride. I sent some dark things out to be washed and they came back bleached out.:eek: Since then I only send items that I won't shed tears over if they get ruined (underwear, socks.etc.).

At least they didn't come back yellow. :eek:

Now I am concerned about doing laundry on the Freedom next month. After the cruise, my daughter is flying to London to join her study abroad group. With the cruise and her studies, she will be traveling over a month. We will have to do laundry somewhere. Has anyone experienced problems with rust on the Carnival Freedom?

On our Miracle cruise, last Sept., our tablemates complained about the same thing. They had a white shirt that they sent for service, along with several other shirts. The white one came back slightly yellowed. Their cabin steward had it cleaned for them after they showed it to them, but it still had a slight yellow tinge. We wondered how the table cloths stayed so white?!?!

We've never used shipboard laundry service, and don't plan too.........

Archived