How do I post a picture on the board?

Folgy

If you sent an email, I never got it at either address I posted in the other thread. I am not ignoring it. It really has not come through. Must be that Canuck mail service. ;)

Anyway. Scroll down when in the posting screen, under the buttons for submit reply and preview post, there is one box with misc. options, under that is another boax for attaching files. Click on manage attachments.

If you try to upload a picture that is either too large in pixels widthXheight or filesize wise, you will get an error message. I do not know what the params are for this board.

If you want to post a picture that's already up on the World Wide Web, then all you need is the URL (the address thing that starts http:). If you can see a yellow square icon in the tool bar immediately above the text entry box where you type your post, click that and a dialog box will open up, allowing you to enter the URL.

The direct entry way to do is to type

[img]

immediately before the URL and

[/img]

immediately after it. So the following code, for example:-

[img=http://www.cruisecritic.com/images/newnavtop.jpg]

gives you this picture:-

newnavtop.jpg

I give up :(
Do you want to check the URL you're using? I can't retrieve the picture even directly using the URL you've put into the post.

Another possible problem is that msn.com doesn't allow you to "hotlink" to a picture like this - that is, you can't get another webpage to put it directly into itself. Webshots is another service that doesn't permit this, and that's why you get a similar result when you try to hotlink to a Webshots photo.

Archived