Cozumel Bar & Grill- Mezcalito's ever hear of it or spend the day there???

Andy99

My wife and I are going on a cruise in November with out the kids. We are looking for a fun beach bar to spend the day at. We would prefer a place with out many kids running around. I did some research and found this place called Mezcalito's? Has anyone ever gone there can anyone tell me anything about this place? It looks like what I'm looking for but I would like to hear from someone that has been there.

Thanks

could you please post a link. My wife and I have an extended family of 23 between 3 and 10 years old and would love to disrupt something like this.

trouble maker ;)

My wife and I are going on a cruise in November with out the kids. We are looking for a fun beach bar to spend the day at. We would prefer a place with out many kids running around. I did some research and found this place called Mezcalito's? Has anyone ever gone there can anyone tell me anything about this place? It looks like what I'm looking for but I would like to hear from someone that has been there.
It is located on the other side of the island from where the ships dock. If you go there you will need to either rent a vehicle or take a taxi. If you are going to drink, then I'd advise against driving yourself.

Taking a taxi would be easy and safer. You would need to either hire the taxi by the hour and have them wait for you while were there or make arrangements for the driver to come back and get you at a predetermined time. Unlike the beach clubs on the West side, you are highly unlikely to find a taxi wait at Mezcalitos when you are ready to return to the ship. If you decide to go with the taxi, make all the arrangements before you get in the vehicle.

Mezcalitos can be a fun place. It is very laid back and you are likely to encounter few children. Actually I think all the East side clubs will have few children and none of them will be crowded. The beached on the West side are beautiful and the sand is nice and soft, but the swimming isn't safe. The only reasonably safe place to actually swim on the East side is Chen Rio. The "Naked Beach" really isn't, it is more for the amusement of the bar tenders and other patrons. Ask to see their photo album to see what I mean. For me, a couple of hours there is more than enough time, then I'd want to explore more of the wild West side.

Have you considered Playa Palancar on the West side?

trouble maker ;)

It is located on the other side of the island from where the ships dock. If you go there you will need to either rent a vehicle or take a taxi. If you are going to drink, then I'd advise against driving yourself.

Taking a taxi would be easy and safer. You would need to either hire the taxi by the hour and have them wait for you while were there or make arrangements for the driver to come back and get you at a predetermined time. Unlike the beach clubs on the West side, you are highly unlikely to find a taxi wait at Mezcalitos when you are ready to return to the ship. If you decide to go with the taxi, make all the arrangements before you get in the vehicle.

Mezcalitos can be a fun place. It is very laid back and you are likely to encounter few children. Actually I think all the East side clubs will have few children and none of them will be crowded. The beached on the West side are beautiful and the sand is nice and soft, but the swimming isn't safe. The only reasonably safe place to actually swim on the East side is Chen Rio. The "Naked Beach" really isn't, it is more for the amusement of the bar tenders and other patrons. Ask to see their photo album to see what I mean. For me, a couple of hours there is more than enough time, then I'd want to explore more of the wild West side.

Have you considered Playa Palancar on the West side?

I havent Is Playa Palancar a place you would recommend?

Any info you have would be great

Ahhh humor I get it now...I guess im little slow this morning

I went to Playa del sol Last time I was there. It was a quick ride from the ship small entry fee. It was nice but i wanted to try something different. The east side seems like fun but i would be worried about getting back to the ship if taxes are hard to come by. If I made arrangements for the cab to come back would he? If I paid him per hour to stay with us how much will that cost me???

Ahhh humor I get it now...I guess im little slow this morning

I went to Playa del sol Last time I was there. It was a quick ride from the ship small entry fee. It was nice but i wanted to try something different. The east side seems like fun but i would be worried about getting back to the ship if taxes are hard to come by. If I made arrangements for the cab to come back would he? If I paid him per hour to stay with us how much will that cost me???

Taxis, normally charge $20/hr to hang around.... Nice gesture would be to buy them lunch aswell... Remember that the only real safe place to swim in chen rio!!!

whats Chen Rio???

Here it is:

eastside.jpg

You might want to read This Thread about Coconuts. The thread also has some general info about the East side.

I haven't. Is Playa Palancar a place you would recommend?
I would recommend Playa Palancar. Being the club that is the farthest to the South on the West side, it is least likely to be crowded. It also lacks the water toys that PB and Playa Mia have which attract families with children, so there will be considerable fewer children there. Unlike most of the East side (with the noted exception of Chen Rio) the swimming is safe at Playa Palancar. They also offer a snorkel trip from there for $35 per person. It is a short boat ride to Palancar Reef. Getting a taxi to return to the ship also shouldn't be a problem there.

I took These photos in December 2005, so things will look a little different now. Unlike in the first photo, the big palapa will have a complete roof.

Cozumelinsider has a chart describing the beach clubs and some have coupons.

I havent Is Playa Palancar a place you would recommend?

Any info you have would be great

We were there last Nov. and enjoyed it. The place didn't get many people until noon and they left by 2:30. Lots of chairs, hammocks, nice beach and I loved their shrimp fajitas. They had only 8 people on a boat snorkel trip to Palancar Reef. It ran $30-$35. ( I haggled them down because we had our own equipment.) I think that it was a $20 cab fare, each way, for up to 4 people.

Lovely place.

I guess I was just looking for something off the beaten path so to speak. The east side looks less crowded. I guess i will have to do some more research. I have until November... Anyone else want to chime in feel free, The more information the better!

We docked in cozumel last may on Enchantment of the Seas. We rented a Jeep and drove around the island and stopped at many places. Some of our favorites were Paradise Beach and Coconuts. The East side of the island was really worth going to see. Lots of rocks and natural areas where you could just pull over and take pics. Coconuts is high on a bluff with a beautifull view! We drove back into the shopping area and spent some time there before returning our jeep and going back to ship. The island is really easy to navigate. The road basically follows the costline. I would highly recomend renting a car/jeep and exploring on your own! We usually aren't adventurous people and usually never rent a car anywhere. We usually just take cabs when we go somewhere (vegas, chicago etc..) but this time we were glad we did!

We docked in cozumel last may on Enchantment of the Seas. We rented a Jeep and drove around the island and stopped at many places. Some of our favorites were Paradise Beach and Coconuts. The East side of the island was really worth going to see. Lots of rocks and natural areas where you could just pull over and take pics. Coconuts is high on a bluff with a beautifull view! We drove back into the shopping area and spent some time there before returning our jeep and going back to ship. The island is really easy to navigate. The road basically follows the costline. I would highly recomend renting a car/jeep and exploring on your own! We usually aren't adventurous people and usually never rent a car anywhere. We usually just take cabs when we go somewhere (vegas, chicago etc..) but this time we were glad we did!

Wow thats a great idea! Who do you rent the Jeeps from and if you can remember about how much did it cost?

Wow thats a great idea! Who do you rent the Jeeps from and if you can remember about how much did it cost?

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CarRent for car rental information and I'd rent thru them too for their helpful customer service. They are on the island and can answer your questions.

IMO, a car is a better choice than a jeep. With a car you get security (you can't really lock a jeep), A/C, a smoother ride, and more comfort for anyone having to sit in the back seat. The only reason to rent a jeep, IMO, is if you want to take the top down for that wind in your face experience. You really wouldn't want to take a rental jeep off the paved road. Even though a jeep is a 4X4, the rental jeeps have had their 4 wheel drive shift linkage disconnected. That means even if you wanted to use it, you couldn't.

Finally, get the full coverage insurance.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CarRent for car rental information and I'd rent thru them too for their helpful customer service. They are on the island and can answer your questions.

IMO, a car is a better choice than a jeep. With a car you get security (you can't really lock a jeep), A/C, a smoother ride, and more comfort for anyone having to sit in the back seat. The only reason to rent a jeep, IMO, is if you want to take the top down for that wind in your face experience. You really wouldn't want to take a rental jeep off the paved road. Even though a jeep is a 4X4, the rental jeeps have had their 4 wheel drive shift linkage disconnected. That means even if you wanted to use it, you couldn't.

Finally, get the full coverage insurance.

Thanks for the info!

We went to Mezcalitos in May and LOVED it! We had hired a driver for the day, so we didn't stay as long as we wished we had. When we go back, we're going straight to Mezcalitos and spending the entire day. The fish tacos are yum, yum, yum!!! It's beautiful, secluded and just a great relaxing day!!!! I can't wait to go back!!

Mezcalitos Cozumel...I just have been there today. Don't expect a beach for swimming, there are rocks and currents, excellent chicken cheese burger though, bu definitely not a place for family beach swimming, better options on the westside of the island like paradise beach, playa uvas' playa mia, etc.. Save swimming and snorkeling with many services. Good Luck!

We stopped at Mezacalitos on our honeymoon in Jan. you definitely need a driver it is far out and the drinks are strong, but my husband and I aren't heavy drinkers. We hired a driver for a few hours. Also, The previous posters are right the water is very rough not good for swimming but it makes for nice scenery.

Mezcalito's also has excellent fajita nachos and their hamburgers are great but they are HUGE, two people could eat off one burger...

it is a fun little place with alot of space to spread out, you should check out the thread Bruce pointed out in an earlier post on CC it has a ton of info about driving and exploring the east side, we are going back in November and renting a car and playing on the east side for the day send a little time at chen rio on the beautiful white powdery beach.....IMO the sand on the east side is much whiter, softer and more powdery....

Archived