Back from the Baltic on The Norwegian Dream

beev

PLG3 - have you already booked a tour in St. Petersburg with Alla? We are looking to share a tour to bring total to 8-10 people.

"Gram Cape Cod" -

We have not yet booked anything for St. Petersburg yet. Which tour are you doing with Alla?

- Stoney

Hi Stoney - I haven't booked yet I am hoping Alla can get 8-10 people together to make it affordable. She told me she has 2, 2 more have inquired and myself and friend would make 6. Are you interested in any of the three tours she offers? Alla assures me that there is time to get enough people:) . Let me know if you are interested.

"Gram Cape Cod" -

We have not yet booked anything for St. Petersburg yet. Which tour are you doing with Alla?

- Stoney

Stoney - It just dawned on me...have you been in contact with Alla? Maybe you are the two that she told me that had inquired???? By the way my son lives in VA too.

Hi Stoney - I haven't booked yet I am hoping Alla can get 8-10 people together to make it affordable. She told me she has 2, 2 more have inquired and myself and friend would make 6. Are you interested in any of the three tours she offers? Alla assures me that there is time to get enough people:) . Let me know if you are interested.

Hi Gram -

Sorry for the delayed response here. Somehow I let work get in the way.:o

We're definitely interested in joining an Alla tour. Which Alla tour are you interested in? Our (my wife's and my) tendancy is for either the "moderate" or "strenuous." My guess that the primary difference between the two is that the "stenuous" tour just goes longer in the day and covers an extra site or two, not that it's more "mountain climbing" or "marathon running". I have not contacted Alla yet (it was on my "to do list" for this week, honest!)

BTW, both my wife and I are from the Boston area and have may fond memories of the Cape growing up. My wife is a "native" having gone through the Sacred Heart schools and college (Newton). Both her father and mother are buried at the national cemetary on the Cape (old Otis AFB.) I went to junior and senior high schools in Wellesley but left town for college and hardly looked back.

Chat with y'all later.

Stoney

Stoney - That's great! That should make 8 if Alla gets the other 2. I have 2 friends that signed up for the ship tours, don't know if I can get them to change their minds. I'll be back to you...have company for a few days...you know what it is like on Cape Cod in the Summer!!:p I'll try to email Alla tonight. Will be nice to travel with some other Bostonians. I am originally from Quincy and my friend is from West Roxbury. I've been on the Cape for over 36 years now. Oh, we are interested in the "moderate" tour. Later...Mary

Beev - I don't think the Dream has been sold as it is going to replace the Majesty out of Boston going to Bermuda in 2008.

You could be right...NCL however states that their goal is to have the youngest fleet sailing...Sadly the Dream does not seem to fit into the youngest category. It has been announced the the Baltic cruise ends this year and sometime in 2008, she will be going to Asia...As for us, we have booked the Sun for a Christmas Cruise out of Miami. Thanks for the information on the Bermuda sailings in 2008. If she does go to Asia, I for one will miss her...A great little ship...

Beev - Glad to hear that it is a great little ship! We will be going on it to the Baltics on the last trip (9/14). Have seen several ads for its sailing out of Boston in the Spring - I am thinking about it as it will be reasonable as no air fare is :) involved!!

Archived