Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Going nuts---the final countdown is just crazy. The kids are sulking. DH goes into panic mode at work. I'm trying my best to hold it together. The fact that DH doesn't pack drives me nuts too. Can't find his tux shoes. I should "forget: them and see what happens. I'm not that mean.:)

Almost done with packing and laundry. Then off to the grocery store. Then the nail appt. then cook dinner. Maybe I'll finally get to sit after dinner.

And what am I doing---typing on the computer---go figure.

Your venting and that's a good thing..better for your family you vent here then with them..lol..its almost time..I'm so jealous..I want to go on another cruise NOW!!

We're leaving tomorrow(Friday) at some time for our precruise stay in Fort Lauderdale. Then going down to Miami Sunday morning to fly to San Juan. Can't believe its here.

Don't know if I'll make it on line tomorrow but if I don't have a wonderful week and I will talk to you when I get back.

I'll drink a toast to you and hope your weight loss is astounding next week.

Thanks for the support,

Marina

P.S. Cheryl I meant to ask you for your list and it totally slipped my mind---imagine that. At this point I'm writing every thought that passes through my mind.

Hi Girls! I have missed you all over the last couple days. I have been trying to get online but have been in and out of the house SO much that the time I slipped away from me.

Pam: Yes, I am still riding bikes with my Son to school. There has been 2 mornings we couldn't ride, but other than that.... its going great. My legs feel tighter and the weather is so wonderful, who could pass it up? They are building a new Gym within walking distance from my house and I have been waiting for that to open since I already joined at the beginning of the year. I could really use it! It will grand open next month. Maybe I could get in some time there before my trip!

Marina: I'm sorry I was not able to catch you before your last day on these boards. I hope your trip is amazing and I will be thinking about you! I hope you don't completely deprive yourself of all good things on this trip. That is not what Vacation is about. At least you know you have a goal to work it off when you come home. Have a great time and come back and share all the details!

Cheryl: Thanks for the advice on what works for you. I have been put in the crumby position to eat out a couple times since last week and it has not been enjoyable at all, I have without doubt, skipped my pill when I did eat out. I actually find that I like those frozen meals and they don't bother me. I just assume eat those. I have NEVER liked green vegetables in my life. Since starting this last week, I have eaten broccoli many times because its apart of the meal and I need to eat it all or be hungry. Its not to bad. I will continue to eat it when its there.

Overall, I weighed myself yesterday morning and was down only 3 pounds. I can't say I really feel a difference anywhere. I do feel good and no tummy issues at all. None. It is hard to believe that there is potential for disaster. I can't relate yet. I started taking my Thyroid pills without missing, since I would go months without taking them. I have hypo-thyroid ism. Slow metabolism really goes against me. I hope these pills will take effect and help me a little bit!

I have had NO soda at all. It is much easier now than it was for the first couple of days. I will stick with that. We will not be buying Soda cards on this cruise! Water has become my friend, we have always been lifelong enemies!

If you have a "Dillard's department store" in your areas, you must go! They have had tons and tons of 75% off clearance for the last couple of weeks and starting yesterday through this Sunday, it all started at an additional 30% off those already 75% off prices! I turns out to be about 85-90% off in total. Amazing deals. I have more than done my share of trips to all 4 of our Dillards the past couple weeks, but today I struck again! I went to 2 of them for 6 hours of shopping. I got some mighty good deals. If you can imagine, I am a total consumer queen. I picked up another formal gown today (I only have about 10, yes all with matching shoes!) This gown was SO beautiful and calling my name! It is Gold-ish, long to the ground, sheer jacket with Gold trim, etc. It was $200.00 regular price. I also got lucky and found some near identical formal shoes with crystals all over the lovely straps costing $90 regular price. I walked out the door paying $38 for both dress and shoes including tax! I couldn't resist. Although it is my size, I need to loose a few more pounds to be able to continue to zip all the way to the top. (It was a tad bit tight) I will make it a personal goal to continue to loose so that I can wear this particular dress on one formal night. It is lovely and it will give me something to push for. Please root for me on this! Its a true beauty and makes me look very flattering! hahaha. Wish me luck over the next couple of weeks! 7 left.

I am NOT going to let myself stay away from the board so long next time. I need the encouragement, it helps so much. Since I have no one to talk about this with, you all have became my only support system!

Everyone have a super night and a great weekend. :)

Well,I find myself here again---waiting for DH to get out of the shower.

Keesha, a tip from this former Weight watcher queen. Those frozen meals all have tons of sauce. I would microwave a cup of veggies and add them to the frozen meal. It fills you up and gets the veggies in. Although I really like veggies, I prefer them with some kind of sauce. If you were at a fancy health spa they wouldn't be serving you plain veggies either.

You also need to drink a lot of water. This will speed up your metabolism.

Enough for my long goodbye----

Marina

Hi Girls! I have missed you all over the last couple days. I have been trying to get online but have been in and out of the house SO much that the time I slipped away from me.

Pam: Yes, I am still riding bikes with my Son to school. There has been 2 mornings we couldn't ride, but other than that.... its going great. My legs feel tighter and the weather is so wonderful, who could pass it up? They are building a new Gym within walking distance from my house and I have been waiting for that to open since I already joined at the beginning of the year. I could really use it! It will grand open next month. Maybe I could get in some time there before my trip!

Marina: I'm sorry I was not able to catch you before your last day on these boards. I hope your trip is amazing and I will be thinking about you! I hope you don't completely deprive yourself of all good things on this trip. That is not what Vacation is about. At least you know you have a goal to work it off when you come home. Have a great time and come back and share all the details!

Cheryl: Thanks for the advice on what works for you. I have been put in the crumby position to eat out a couple times since last week and it has not been enjoyable at all, I have without doubt, skipped my pill when I did eat out. I actually find that I like those frozen meals and they don't bother me. I just assume eat those. I have NEVER liked green vegetables in my life. Since starting this last week, I have eaten broccoli many times because its apart of the meal and I need to eat it all or be hungry. Its not to bad. I will continue to eat it when its there.

Overall, I weighed myself yesterday morning and was down only 3 pounds. I can't say I really feel a difference anywhere. I do feel good and no tummy issues at all. None. It is hard to believe that there is potential for disaster. I can't relate yet. I started taking my Thyroid pills without missing, since I would go months without taking them. I have hypo-thyroid ism. Slow metabolism really goes against me. I hope these pills will take effect and help me a little bit!

I have had NO soda at all. It is much easier now than it was for the first couple of days. I will stick with that. We will not be buying Soda cards on this cruise! Water has become my friend, we have always been lifelong enemies!

If you have a "Dillard's department store" in your areas, you must go! They have had tons and tons of 75% off clearance for the last couple of weeks and starting yesterday through this Sunday, it all started at an additional 30% off those already 75% off prices! I turns out to be about 85-90% off in total. Amazing deals. I have more than done my share of trips to all 4 of our Dillards the past couple weeks, but today I struck again! I went to 2 of them for 6 hours of shopping. I got some mighty good deals. If you can imagine, I am a total consumer queen. I picked up another formal gown today (I only have about 10, yes all with matching shoes!) This gown was SO beautiful and calling my name! It is Gold-ish, long to the ground, sheer jacket with Gold trim, etc. It was $200.00 regular price. I also got lucky and found some near identical formal shoes with crystals all over the lovely straps costing $90 regular price. I walked out the door paying $38 for both dress and shoes including tax! I couldn't resist. Although it is my size, I need to loose a few more pounds to be able to continue to zip all the way to the top. (It was a tad bit tight) I will make it a personal goal to continue to loose so that I can wear this particular dress on one formal night. It is lovely and it will give me something to push for. Please root for me on this! Its a true beauty and makes me look very flattering! hahaha. Wish me luck over the next couple of weeks! 7 left.

I am NOT going to let myself stay away from the board so long next time. I need the encouragement, it helps so much. Since I have no one to talk about this with, you all have became my only support system!

Everyone have a super night and a great weekend. :)

Sounds like you are quite a shopper! My daughter needs jeans BAD..I think I will check Dillards out tomorrow! Thanks for the tip.

3 pounds is great! You will start to see a difference in your clothes soon (usually before seeing a major weight loss) at least I did. Your doing great!!!!

Well,I find myself here again---waiting for DH to get out of the shower.

Keesha, a tip from this former Weight watcher queen. Those frozen meals all have tons of sauce. I would microwave a cup of veggies and add them to the frozen meal. It fills you up and gets the veggies in. Although I really like veggies, I prefer them with some kind of sauce. If you were at a fancy health spa they wouldn't be serving you plain veggies either.

You also need to drink a lot of water. This will speed up your metabolism.

Enough for my long goodbye----

Marina

Marina..are you still on? I hope you have a FANTASTIC vacation!!! Bring back a nice picture to share!

Hi Cheryl! My email is: PamGreen1717@yahoo.com Thanks for sending it! I'm curious to see if there is anything on the list that I should be bringing that don't usually bring.

Keesha- you're doing great! 3 lbs is a great start. Keep it up and you will see it not only on the scale but in your clothes!!! Just think, you lost instead of gained!!!!! I am so much happier when the scale goes down instead of up! I get very down on myself when I am gaining. It's not moving down as quick as I would like but, at least I feel more in control of myself. We don't have a Dillards around here. It is similar to our Macy's. I went to the Tampa mall once near my brother and walked through a Dillards. I went to Kohl's yesterday and found some nice Docker's shorts on sale for only 6.40! Also a little cool-lot skirt for 9.99! Good sales on summer stuff right now for the cruise! I felt I needed more shorts. The summer ones are too big! (still have some from the summer before that are too small too) :( Working to get into those!!!

Going to a UCONN football game tomorrow. Gonna tailgate first. I made a deal with my sister in law, who I am going with, that I would make the lunches. (she's traveling here from Mass. so, it is easier for me to put sandwiches together) I'm glad I'm in charge cuz I can pick foods that are better for me! (she is skinny as a rail, an aerobics instructor and personal trainer! ugh) She can eat anything and everything! -can't stand people like that! ;)

My husband and I are off from work today and he wanted to go to breakfast but, I talked him out of it. Made my own healthy breakfast here. Maybe we'll do lunch out and I'll have a salad with chicken! I'm not a veggie eater either. Never have been. I like salad stuff and corn and carrots and squash but, that's about it. I gag on everything else. lol :D

OK. I think I'm ready!

Bought the 90 count starter pack yesterday. Haven't registered at myalli because it's at home and I don't have the code with me.

I had planned on starting tonight, then my DD decides she wants to come home for the weekend, so I don't know how that'll work. She'll probably want to go out to eat or have pizza, so I may wait until Sunday at lunch time.

I don't need to lose a lot. I'm 5'10". When I graduated from high school (many, many years ago) I weighed 117 pounds. I was always very underweight. When I got pregnant, at age 32, I weighed all of 122 pounds!

Then I gained those 47 pregnancy pounds and I've never been the same. I did join a health club when my daughter was little and, for the first time in my life, managed to build some muscle.

I managed to stay in the 130's for a couple of years, but then I moved, started college at age 38, as a single, working mom, and just couldn't keep up with working out, although I always walked to class.

But when I hit my late 40s, the weight just started creeping up a couple of pounds a year. And, of course, it's all in my midsection. Two-thirds of me is still skinny, but that middle third is not!

I know that many women get annoyed with me when I say I want to lose weight, but, FOR ME, I'm too heavy. And I hate the uneven weight distribution.

So my goals are modest. If I can lose about 10 pounds before I cruise in December, I'll be thrilled! In total, I'd like to drop about 25.

I get next to no exercise, unfortunately. I'm going to start walking after work, just to get me started. I know me. After I lose a few pounds, I'll feel better about myself and be more likely to exercise and walk more. There's nothing like seeing some results to motivate me to do even more.

So here's hoping I don't suffer from any unpleasant side effects!

I'll let you know how it goes. :D

Hi NCTribeFan! Did you read the Alli info? It suggests that you go 'low fat' for a few days before you start so, maybe waiting until Sunday at lunch is a good idea anyway?? We've all had pretty good luck with no TE's (treatment effects) as long as you keep your fat count low. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes. Also, if you go to mialli.com, you might get freaked out on the message boards. Everyone who has TE's seems to write in and it may make you nervous to start them. Any common questions, come here and one of us will be able to give you some advice. You might want to go there for medical questions though.

Good luck and keep us posted. Have fun this weekend with your daughter!!!

Pam

OK. I think I'm ready!

Bought the 90 count starter pack yesterday. Haven't registered at myalli because it's at home and I don't have the code with me.

I had planned on starting tonight, then my DD decides she wants to come home for the weekend, so I don't know how that'll work. She'll probably want to go out to eat or have pizza, so I may wait until Sunday at lunch time.

I don't need to lose a lot. I'm 5'10". When I graduated from high school (many, many years ago) I weighed 117 pounds. I was always very underweight. When I got pregnant, at age 32, I weighed all of 122 pounds!

Then I gained those 47 pregnancy pounds and I've never been the same. I did join a health club when my daughter was little and, for the first time in my life, managed to build some muscle.

I managed to stay in the 130's for a couple of years, but then I moved, started college at age 38, as a single, working mom, and just couldn't keep up with working out, although I always walked to class.

But when I hit my late 40s, the weight just started creeping up a couple of pounds a year. And, of course, it's all in my midsection. Two-thirds of me is still skinny, but that middle third is not!

I know that many women get annoyed with me when I say I want to lose weight, but, FOR ME, I'm too heavy. And I hate the uneven weight distribution.

So my goals are modest. If I can lose about 10 pounds before I cruise in December, I'll be thrilled! In total, I'd like to drop about 25.

I get next to no exercise, unfortunately. I'm going to start walking after work, just to get me started. I know me. After I lose a few pounds, I'll feel better about myself and be more likely to exercise and walk more. There's nothing like seeing some results to motivate me to do even more.

So here's hoping I don't suffer from any unpleasant side effects!

I'll let you know how it goes. :D

Welcome! I have been on the Alli since June and no TE's to date. Let me know (or anyone else on here) if you have any questions and we will answer to the best of our ability. Just like Pam said..be careful on the Alli website. It can get a little scary with everyone's comments and stories. I enjoy Sparkpeople dot com, much better! Its a free website and has all the weight loss information you could possibly need. I love it!

Have a great weekend with your daughter and let us know how things are going for you when you get started, or just come on and say Hi or vent if you need to..lol..we all do it!!

BTW..are you from NC? I just got back from Swannanoa. Its beautiful up there and hope to go back when it snows!!!

I'd read through this thread a week ago or so, so when I went to register at myalli, I just signed up and ignored the boards!

And I decided this morning to go ahead and get started. Had Kaashi cold cereal with skim milk, a handful of blueberries and a little nonfat yogurt. Took a pill. No noticeable effect.

Had a small ceasar salad for lunch with dressing on the side. No pill.

I did get really hungry while we were out during the aftgernoon.

Came home, ate a small gala apple.

Dinner: steamed broccoli, skinless chicken breast, and some pasta (with only a tiny bit of butter and parmesan). Took a pill.

A little gas (but that could be from anything!) and that's about it!

I'm pretty much a protein eater, so I'm almost a natural Atkins person. The hardest part will be switching over to low fat. I can eat two burgers with cheese and no bun and love it. No more!

We'll see how it goes. I may only do 2 pills a day until I get my diet more inline and see if I'm having any side effects.

Yes, I'm in NC now. Grew up in Cleveland, OH, but my parents were from the mountains. Been in Durham for about 2-1/2 years, because I didn't want to be so far away from my daughter, who's at East Carolina.

Brutal heat and humidity in the summers, but I sure don't miss the snow!

Hey there! I officially lost 3.5 this week!!! Not sure how or why as it's the week that I don't usually lose this month! ;) I'm happy. Fit into another pair of jeans that were way too tight this summer. Pshyched!

How's everyone's weekend going? It's a beautiful one here in N.England. Leaves are starting to turn and there is lots of pretty color everywhere! Wish it would stay like this all year!!!!!

Marina is sailing around the caribbean right now!!! Lucky her! Hope she has an awesome time!!!

I'm so glad I found out about this thread! I started taking Alli 1 week ago and I just get weighed and I've lost 4.5lbs. !!!! I'm thrilled.:D5 weeks or so till we cruise. I sure wish I had started this a while ago. I haven't had ANY effects from Alli yet. Just sticking with the under 15 grams of fat per meal. Should I be taking a pill in the morning if I'm not consuming any fat? I usually have a eggbeaters omelet or Kashi for breakfast. I wasn't sure if I would throw everything off if I skipped that morning one or not??

I'd read through this thread a week ago or so, so when I went to register at myalli, I just signed up and ignored the boards!

And I decided this morning to go ahead and get started. Had Kaashi cold cereal with skim milk, a handful of blueberries and a little nonfat yogurt. Took a pill. No noticeable effect.

Had a small ceasar salad for lunch with dressing on the side. No pill.

I did get really hungry while we were out during the aftgernoon.

Came home, ate a small gala apple.

Dinner: steamed broccoli, skinless chicken breast, and some pasta (with only a tiny bit of butter and parmesan). Took a pill.

A little gas (but that could be from anything!) and that's about it!

I'm pretty much a protein eater, so I'm almost a natural Atkins person. The hardest part will be switching over to low fat. I can eat two burgers with cheese and no bun and love it. No more!

We'll see how it goes. I may only do 2 pills a day until I get my diet more inline and see if I'm having any side effects.

Yes, I'm in NC now. Grew up in Cleveland, OH, but my parents were from the mountains. Been in Durham for about 2-1/2 years, because I didn't want to be so far away from my daughter, who's at East Carolina.

Brutal heat and humidity in the summers, but I sure don't miss the snow!

Sounds like your right on track! The brocolli could have given you a little "gas effect"..I know it does for me.

Try keeping something in your purse if your going to be out between lunch & dinner. I actually keep some pretzels or sliced apples in my purse. That way I don't go crazy from hunger when I eat dinner or even better, stop and get ice cream or something on the way home! lol

Hey there! I officially lost 3.5 this week!!! Not sure how or why as it's the week that I don't usually lose this month! ;) I'm happy. Fit into another pair of jeans that were way too tight this summer. Pshyched!

How's everyone's weekend going? It's a beautiful one here in N.England. Leaves are starting to turn and there is lots of pretty color everywhere! Wish it would stay like this all year!!!!!

Marina is sailing around the caribbean right now!!! Lucky her! Hope she has an awesome time!!!

Pam..thats fantastic!!!!!

When I was in NC last weekend, I started to see the leaves changing colors. Thats about all I miss from being up north. Down here in Florida, we have 2 seasons..green & brown..lol

I'm so glad I found out about this thread! I started taking Alli 1 week ago and I just get weighed and I've lost 4.5lbs. !!!! I'm thrilled.:D5 weeks or so till we cruise. I sure wish I had started this a while ago. I haven't had ANY effects from Alli yet. Just sticking with the under 15 grams of fat per meal. Should I be taking a pill in the morning if I'm not consuming any fat? I usually have a eggbeaters omelet or Kashi for breakfast. I wasn't sure if I would throw everything off if I skipped that morning one or not??

Welcome! If you've read through the board, you will see we are here to support each other..through good times & bad. If you have any questions, feel free to ask as we are all on different levels of our diets!

As far as taking the Alli after breakfast, I don't usually take it unless I comsume at least 3-4 grams of fat. Most times, I skip taking it at breakfast, unless I have low fat milk instead of fat free. Just remember, don't cut your fat too much or you will have the opposite effect of TE's. Taking a vitamin and fiber pill at night will help eliminate that if it happens.

And congratulations on your weight loss..thats terrific!!!!

Just remember, don't cut your fat too much or you will have the opposite effect of TE's. Taking a vitamin and fiber pill at night will help eliminate that if it happens.

And congratulations on your weight loss..thats terrific!!!!

Thanks so much, Okay this is going to sound dumb - but what do you mean by "TE's"??:o

I don't have a scale at home, but there's one here in the office. I forgot to weigh myself on Friday, but I'm pretty sure I know just about what my weight was. I think I've already lost a couple of pounds and I'm just taking one pill with my evening meal during the week.

Worst thing for me is having cereal for breakfast. I'm absolutely STARVING in a couple of hours. When I was low carbs/high protein I didn't have that problem. And if I got hungry, I just had a handful of nuts and I was ok until my next meal. Like I said, I'm a natural Atkins sort of eater but I just didn't want to do full-on Atkins again. I did that about 5 years ago and did lose about 15 pounds. The weight has gradually crept back up, but I attribute that more to my inactivity and the fact that this just seems to happen to us women when we hit late 40s/early 50s.

Had Kashi cereal this a.m., small chicken ceasar salad for lunch and will have a low-fat frozen something tonight with a pill.

Still having some issues with gas, which I hope will subside! Maybe my body just isn't used to roughage! :o

What I have for breakfast is this:

Fake egg omlete - 1/2 cup eggs

with 1/4 cup low-fat cheese crumbles

1 low fat english muffin

with 2 tbsp. no fat strawberry cream cheese

This is 290 calories and 7 grams of fat

This lasts me until my snack midway between breakfast and lunch.

NCTribefan, I was going to suggest an egg or egg substitute with a piece of whole wheat toast and some sugar free jelly. Or, how about loading your cereal with a bunch of fruit? Don't forget, you can have a healthy mid morning snack as well.

I found that if I switch the menu up a little, I don't get bored and don't want to pig out! ;)

Keep up the good work!

Hey Pam! Congrats on the loss. That is fantastic! The weather here is nice too. Fall is my favorite time of year. I'll bet Marina is having a blast. I hope she comes home and shares a picture or two!

Archived