Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

[quote name='Bablefish']I can't get used to taking the vitamin at bedtime. It's been drilled into me to take vitamins with food. :confused: I was so drained yesterday, I wanted to nap, but instead got on the treadmill, found a good movie and before I knew it I had walked another three miles!

Good morning everyone![/QUOTE]
I haven't gotten back to taking my vitamins yet either..I know..I know..I need to, but HATE taking pills and I seem to forget when I go to bed. Like anything, I guess its getting back in the habit. Do you take the Fiber/W vitamins? The ones I take (when I remember) taste "sort of" like sweet tarts.

I love, love, love everyone's positive attitude. I took my suitcases out today and started trying on cruise clothes. Four weeks!! I have to stop taking the pills in two weeks, although I am barely having any effects anymore. I ate fried spam for lunch, so something should happen :rolleyes: .

I take the Walmart generic brand for Centrum (much cheaper) I used to take handfuls of everything instead of a muti. But if they won't be absorbed, I'll stick with the multi. I think I was wasting my money on all those vitamins anyway. Also, I will blend Metamucil and water for a tangy breakfast drink for fiber if I need it.

I have developed a set pattern. Friday is my weigh in. If I drop weight, I go for another 5 days at least before seeing anymore weight loss. I have been so strict this week, I expected a drop on the scale this morning, but nothing. Oh well, no gain is good news.

So glad your daughter is exercising, DF. Make sure she stays safe out there though. It's a scary world we're living in. Teach her to scream - seriously. I did with my kids. Empower her.

Alli is great, lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks.... so far I have yet to experience any serious treatment effects, and thats even taking the pill with pizza, chicken wings, and cheese fries from Outback..:) You really have to blow it to "have an accident".... just make sure you avoid massive amounts of sausage, advice from my hubby...:)

Its a great diet aid, strongly recommend it...good luck!

My fourth day on Alli....no TE's but some pretty orange you know what!!! I don't take a vitamin at bedtime, I take it with breakfast or early lunch. Vitamins only work to max. benefit when absorbed with food. I know the Alli literature recommends the vit. at bedtime but am curious as to why. Anybody know??

[quote name='peprofsr13']Alli is great, lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks.... so far I have yet to experience any serious treatment effects, and thats even taking the pill with pizza, chicken wings, and cheese fries from Outback..:) You really have to blow it to "have an accident".... just make sure you avoid massive amounts of sausage, advice from my hubby...:)

Its a great diet aid, strongly recommend it...good luck![/quote]
Wow... I can't believe you ate all that with no real trouble. I splurged on steak and lobster one time and spent half the next day in the "can". Plus you lost 16 lbs.!!?? Wow. I want your metabolism. ;)

[quote name='alwayshappytocruise']My fourth day on Alli....no TE's but some pretty orange you know what!!! I don't take a vitamin at bedtime, I take it with breakfast or early lunch. Vitamins only work to max. benefit when absorbed with food. I know the Alli literature recommends the vit. at bedtime but am curious as to why. Anybody know??[/quote]
They want you to take it at bedtime so it has time to be absorbed before the next time you take an Alli. Some vitamins must have fat to be absorbed.

I take my vitamin whenever I remember, if it's right when I get up, or right before I go to bed. Taking it with a meal l(and an Alli pill) loses half the good you are getting from it.

[quote name='Bablefish']I love, love, love everyone's positive attitude. I took my suitcases out today and started trying on cruise clothes. Four weeks!! I have to stop taking the pills in two weeks, although I am barely having any effects anymore. I ate fried spam for lunch, so something should happen :rolleyes: .

I take the Walmart generic brand for Centrum (much cheaper) I used to take handfuls of everything instead of a muti. But if they won't be absorbed, I'll stick with the multi. I think I was wasting my money on all those vitamins anyway. Also, I will blend Metamucil and water for a tangy breakfast drink for fiber if I need it.

I have developed a set pattern. Friday is my weigh in. If I drop weight, I go for another 5 days at least before seeing anymore weight loss. I have been so strict this week, I expected a drop on the scale this morning, but nothing. Oh well, no gain is good news.

So glad your daughter is exercising, DF. Make sure she stays safe out there though. It's a scary world we're living in. Teach her to scream - seriously. I did with my kids. Empower her.[/QUOTE]
Oh she can scream alright! lol She walks with a BUNCH of kids from school and she has her cell phone and calls me quite often. The Park Supervisor does a great job of keeping them busy..they help out at the dog park, cleaning up, etc. We can't have pets where I live (we have three birds) so this is the next best thing :-)

[quote name='peprofsr13']Alli is great, lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks.... so far I have yet to experience any serious treatment effects, and thats even taking the pill with pizza, chicken wings, and cheese fries from Outback..:) You really have to blow it to "have an accident".... just make sure you avoid massive amounts of sausage, advice from my hubby...:)

Its a great diet aid, strongly recommend it...good luck![/QUOTE]
WOW..you live dangerously..lol..pizza, cheese fries and no TE'S??? You must have a strong constitution :-)

[quote name='alwayshappytocruise']My fourth day on Alli....no TE's but some pretty orange you know what!!! I don't take a vitamin at bedtime, I take it with breakfast or early lunch. Vitamins only work to max. benefit when absorbed with food. I know the Alli literature recommends the vit. at bedtime but am curious as to why. Anybody know??[/QUOTE]
I really don't know either..I just thought at night you would absorb it more while you were sleeping? Good question to ask the Alli Board.

[quote name='Haubera']They want you to take it at bedtime so it has time to be absorbed before the next time you take an Alli. Some vitamins must have fat to be absorbed.

I take my vitamin whenever I remember, if it's right when I get up, or right before I go to bed. Taking it with a meal l(and an Alli pill) loses half the good you are getting from it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for clearing that up!! Makes sense!

Good Morning all! Not such a good week for me--up .8 lb. Not sure why, have been staying w/in my fats & points. Maybe body adjusting. Also feeling a bit "bound" (happens after my "week" usually). Going to try to up the fiber and see how it goes.

Congrats to everyone who is "down" this week and "keep at it" to those of us who are not. :)

[quote name='newbiecruiser09']Good Morning all! Not such a good week for me--up .8 lb. Not sure why, have been staying w/in my fats & points. Maybe body adjusting. Also feeling a bit "bound" (happens after my "week" usually). Going to try to up the fiber and see how it goes.

Congrats to everyone who is "down" this week and "keep at it" to those of us who are not. :)[/QUOTE]
Its easy to fluctuate a pound or two..especially if your "bound :-). I know I have that problem and Alli even doesn't help. I have to take Milk of Magnesia every night (Dr. recommended it). Not drinking enough water or eating not enough fat can do it too. Don't get discouraged and hang in there..you can do it!!!

Should NOT have posted last night that I hadn't had any TE's!! Hit me this morning but only once...so far! Ate some baked chicken breast (no skin) with a sweet potatoe for dinner...hardly any fat there so who knows?! Wanted to share this with you, I use it with my yahoo signature.....

"I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my
doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I
decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted,
gyrated, jumped up and down and perspired for an hour. But,
by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over."

Lynda

[quote name='alwayshappytocruise']Should NOT have posted last night that I hadn't had any TE's!! Hit me this morning but only once...so far! Ate some baked chicken breast (no skin) with a sweet potatoe for dinner...hardly any fat there so who knows?! Wanted to share this with you, I use it with my yahoo signature.....

"I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my
doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I
decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted,
gyrated, jumped up and down and perspired for an hour. But,
by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over."

Lynda[/QUOTE]
Hope you will be OK!!

Loved the joke..sounds about right! lol

Scale is down 5 lbs already..

First TE today, but not an uncontrollable one, thank goodness.

I ate a Wendy's Chicken Grill and small chili for lunch. I know, I know.. Stay out of the drive through windows. Total fat grams is supposed to be 13gms and 540 calories so I thought I was safe. Go figure..

I'll do better at dinner.

[quote name='needalatte74']Scale is down 5 lbs already..

I ate a Wendy's Chicken Grill and small chili for lunch. I know, I know.. Stay out of the drive through windows. Total fat grams is supposed to be 13gms and 540 calories so I thought I was safe. Go figure..

I'll do better at dinner.[/QUOTE]

Wow, 5 lbs in 5 days--I envy you!! Don't sweat about the drive throughs. My belief is that they are part of modern life and not something that most of us can realistically avoid completely (my son has 4-6 baseball games/practices each week so we have to do drive through when time does not allow me to make something to take in the car) My goal is to make better choices than I used to and go from there. Sounds like your choices were pretty good--better than a biggie fries, triple and frosty!!

Hope everyone has a good evening! Maggie

After realizing that Alli alone is not going to work so well for me, I stopped after work and rejoined Curves yesterday. My work does'nt burn many calories, and I live on a busy hiway so walking here is out. I think with some exercise and the Alli I will see some results.
Curves has some new machines since I've been there,they are personally programed for each person, age, weight, etc. But the price has gone up also.:( Hoping to dig out some smaller clothes this summer.:p
Still sticking to it, and no side effects so far.

[quote name='needalatte74']Scale is down 5 lbs already..

I'll do better at dinner.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations!!! Great job!

[quote name='Willie T']After realizing that Alli alone is not going to work so well for me, I stopped after work and rejoined Curves yesterday. My work does'nt burn many calories, and I live on a busy hiway so walking here is out. I think with some exercise and the Alli I will see some results.
Curves has some new machines since I've been there,they are personally programed for each person, age, weight, etc. But the price has gone up also.:( Hoping to dig out some smaller clothes this summer.:p
Still sticking to it, and no side effects so far.[/QUOTE]
I was a member for a year but got tired of the repetition. It is a good workout though and wish you lots of luck!

I am looking for a beach cruiser bike so I can start riding with my daughter. I think she would ride more if I was with her. Its just not the same with me walking. I'm really excited about it and hoping to to be able to ride to my mothers (2 1/2 miles away) before long and get her to join us! We'll make it a Family Thing!

Cheryl, the bike sounds like a great idea! It's always good to change things up a bit so that you don't get bored. I think riding a bike is more 'fun' than exercise!!! How is the weight loss going? I seem to be losing so slowly. I'm wondering if I'm eating enough. I seem to only be losing about 1.5 each week lately so, I cut out more and more food. Now, I feel like I should try to eat more calories. I come home from the salon at about 8:00 and don't want to eat much so, I go to bed STARVING!! Probably not a good idea. I think I'm going to see what happens if I start eating more fat and calories. I have been getting about 10 grams of fat for lunch and 10 at dinner. Any thoughts?

Willie T, keep up the good work. I've never tried Curves. My friends seemed to drop it fairly quickly so, I figured it might be too boring or something. Let me know how you like it this time!!!

Liz, how are things going?

Cheryl: Good for you to get your dtr & mom exercising! My dtr is only 5 so riding together is not really an option. We walk alot tho.

WillieT: I think I saw something about bringing in milk tops (3 I think) to Curves to get a free month membership or something. May be worth looking into to see if they can apply it to you. Good Luck!

Really hungry today. Not sure why. Trying my best but no promises!:o

Thanks Pam for the encouragement. I did grab 1 serving (14 chips) of Fat Free Pringles and a small (<4oz, really only what was left in the bottle) of wine. Held me off til dinner.

Toe feeling better, much better and thinking I may try exercising tomorrow am (treadmill and elliptical) to help me feel less "Squishy".:o

Archived