Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Just found this thread. I was trying to read from beginning but this thread is huge! I know the RX was twice as strong as the over the counter Alli. Has anyone doubled the dosage with the OTC Alli to equal the RX dosage?

Never doubled them..I read it would be pointless since it can only attach to 1/2 the fat you eat. Since you have to have fat in your body (dry skin, not being able to use the bathroom..etc) could become a problem.

I need to attend an immediate family member's party. It will be a party at someone's house, so there isn't going to be a menu where I can choose a healthier option from.

Here's the worst part. Its a "big italian family" type event so you can visualize the menu already. Cheeses, salami, pasta dishes, breads, cakes, wine... OMG!!

What am I going to do?? HELP!!

Never doubled them..I read it would be pointless since it can only attach to 1/2 the fat you eat. Since you have to have fat in your body (dry skin, not being able to use the bathroom..etc) could become a problem.

I need to attend an immediate family member's party. It will be a party at someone's house, so there isn't going to be a menu where I can choose a healthier option from.

Here's the worst part. Its a "big italian family" type event so you can visualize the menu already. Cheeses, salami, pasta dishes, breads, cakes, wine... OMG!!

Try eating a BIG salad before going and eat in moderation. If anyone asks, your full from "lunch"! :-)

Hello everybody. I am up and off pain killers (at least during the day-had to take one last night before bed tho) and trying to get back in the swing of things. Went to WW and weighed in this am and I'm down 2.2 so 19.8 total (couldn't make that 20 could I!!!!!!) Going to PT this afternoon and going to ask about how much I can actually do. Wanting to start the pills again but since I am not moving too well a bit afraid(of not "making it"). I think I will wait til after next weekend (we are going to NJ for a family event/Mother's Day) when I will be more sure about my moving. I have been trying to eat to the program and seem to be doing ok (but probably not as good as I could!)

Hope you all are having a great week! Go drink some water

Maggie

Glad to hear your getting around!!! Congrats on the weight loss..thats hard to do when other people are cooking for you and when you can't move around!

and I lost NOTHING!!

I am trying to convince myself that Aunt Flo is keeping me from loosing weight this week, but still very frustrating..

:mad:

That will happen as your body gets used to your way of eating (that and Aunt Flo). Stick to it..sometimes I have gone 2 weeks without losing anything and BAMM..off comes 4 pounds!!!

Hi! How is everyone? It seems quiet around here??!! Everyone having a nice weekend?

Well,today is my official 8 week weigh in and I'm down 21.5! :) I was a little bummed last week cuz I only lost 1 but, it sure dropped this week. I'm happy.

Have a couple of vacations booked this summer and an Aruba trip with the girls from work in October so, it will be nice to feel thinner and more comfortable.

Have a great day!

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I started my weightloss program in October. I have lost 45 pounds, but I'm now on a plateau. I haven't lost any weight in a month. I am maintaining, but it's difficult because I always feel as though I'm hungy. (I've been doing weight watchers.)

I'm considering using Alli. I would like to lose another 20-25 pounds. I'd love to lose 8-10 pounds before my cruisein June. (I actually lost 2 pounds when I went on the Sovereign in November.)

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to read this whole thread since it's so large. I'm just wondering if Alli will help to jumpstart my plateau.

Hi mom2girls! Welcome! I personally haven't used the alli to help get off a plateau but, have read in other posts (check mialli.com) that people have and have had very good success with it! Good luck to you. Any questions, we are all here to help.

Hi! How is everyone? It seems quiet around here??!! Everyone having a nice weekend?

Well,today is my official 8 week weigh in and I'm down 21.5! :) I was a little bummed last week cuz I only lost 1 but, it sure dropped this week. I'm happy.

Have a couple of vacations booked this summer and an Aruba trip with the girls from work in October so, it will be nice to feel thinner and more comfortable.

Have a great day!

"Clapping Hands"..whoohooo...what a great job!!! I know you must feel so much better..congratulations!!!

I'm a little discouraged..I can't seem to break my weekend habits. I do a great job during the week and between Sat. & Sunday morning..I manage to gain 2 pounds back..every week! I know it has nothing to do with the BEER..OK..I know it has EVERYTHING to do with the Beer...

We just bought a Eliptical (not sure thats how its spelled) for our workout room at work. We now have a stationary bike and the Eliptical. I brought my workout clothes and plan on riding the bike for 20-30 minutes on my lunch break and the Eliptical after work. I'm hoping to kick this weight loss into high gear. I have 3 more months until my cruise with my daughter and I WILL lose 30 pounds!!

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I started my weightloss program in October. I have lost 45 pounds, but I'm now on a plateau. I haven't lost any weight in a month. I am maintaining, but it's difficult because I always feel as though I'm hungy. (I've been doing weight watchers.)

I'm considering using Alli. I would like to lose another 20-25 pounds. I'd love to lose 8-10 pounds before my cruisein June. (I actually lost 2 pounds when I went on the Sovereign in November.)

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to read this whole thread since it's so large. I'm just wondering if Alli will help to jumpstart my plateau.

Mom..my good friend has been on WW for over a year and she alss reached a platau. She has just started taking the Alli and finally saw a weight loss. I can't gaurantee it will happen, but its always worth a try. What I would recommend is getting the Starter Pack to see if it agrees with you. Good luck and if you have any questions, were always here to help!!

Thank you for all the replys. I think I will try the Alli system. I'll probaby be going to Target on Wednesday, so I guess I'll get it then. We'll see if my system likes it. I don't really eat a lot of fat, so I think I'll be ok.

i would do this!! but, i dont wanna **** like a goose... which i've heard happens :eek:

This usually only happens when you eat too much fat at one time or in 1 day. If you stick to the recommended fat grams & cals you should be fine. I have not really **** like a goose but did have some nasty toilet trips. I think if you can do it w/o the pills--go for it! For me, they seem to help.

Hi everybody! Hope you all are doing ok. I am moving better but still not really able to work out (except for the PT appts). My knee is very stiff and still swollen and quite a lovely combination of colors!!! Haven't started taking the pills again as I am going out of town for the weekend (and not sure what they are serving but my guess is good Italian food!) I really started moving enough to "make it" in case I needed to a day or so ago so I plan to start the pills again next Mon.

Keep up the good work everyone! The plateaus will give way eventually!

Go drink some water!

Maggie

Hey "kids", long time, no talk... I've been vacationing already, so not really adhering to the plan. The good news is I haven't gained, and I still have a loss of 1 lb even without really being faithful to the program. Wouldn't really matter what weight loss plan I'm on right now since I haven't stuck with anything.... :p I do have a few more months to get back on track, and need to try once this month is over, as my vacation days will be over again for a few months. I actually am on my second purchase of Alli pills, found a cheap source on-line and WILL get back to being more normal soon.

For those who have been stuggling like me... it does work, although slower than some like Dolphinfan have initially reported, most of us have benefited from using this when we are faithful and remember to take the pills... (my biggest trouble lately is forgetting). ;)

Finally hit -20!!! (actually -20.4) Can't believe it has taken so long but glad to hit this goal!!! Now 25 is the new mark. 20 down, 34 to go.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. We are off to a First Communion (big Italian party & food :D :( ) so I hope to try to stay strong and good.

Maggie

Well, I just bought the Alli system on Wednesday. I haven't started yet. I'm kind of afraid how my system will take it. My family is planning on going to Mexican restaurant on Sunday for Mother's Day. So, maybe I'll start next week.

I am happy to say that I have finally lost 2 pounds this week. So, maybe my plateau is over!:)

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!! :D

Mom2girls: If you ate Mexican (esp the good fatty stuff) I would wait til about Tues/Weds to start the pills. The pills can work for up to 48 hours after you have a lot of fat in your system. I have been off the pills for about 3 weeks now (had surgery) and am planning on starting Tues am with them again. We went away this weekend (family party, lots of yummy fatty Italian foods and traveling foods on the way) and I am going to give my system a few days of good low fat healthy eating before I start the pills again. Don't want to experience too many TE's.

Hope everyone had a great, strong weekend!

Maggie

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I didn't too bad on the food dept. There was a buffet at the Winery we went to and the food was so awful, we hardly ate a thing..lol..did however, drink 2 glasses of wine!

I've been stuck in a platau for a couple of weeks, and FINALLY saw some weight loss this morning. I have 6 pounds to go before I'm back to my Sept. cruise weight last year. Hoping to lose another 20 before Aug. 8. We now have a stationary bike and an eliptical (not sure I'm spelling that right) at work and I have been riding the bike for 30 minutes at lunch (beats sitting at my desk) and am trying to work up to 30 minutes on the eliptical (I like to call it the death machine)! I can only handle about 10 minutes without almost passing out! I'm hoping to work up to 30 minutes and am doing this after work and before I go home.

How's everyone else doing? The boards been kind of quite :)

Hi Cheryl! Glad you're off your plateau! I've been losing pretty steady. I'm down a total of 23.5 which I'm really happy about. I hope to hit 25 lbs this weekend! It will be 11 weeks.

Feel like I've been eating out a lot lately with birthdays and Mother's Day. Still no TE's though. I guess I'm making good restaurant choices. I go on the web sit DWLZ.com beforehand and check out the fat grams at each restaurant.

How's everyone else doing???

Hi Cheryl! Glad you're off your plateau! I've been losing pretty steady. I'm down a total of 23.5 which I'm really happy about. I hope to hit 25 lbs this weekend! It will be 11 weeks.

Feel like I've been eating out a lot lately with birthdays and Mother's Day. Still no TE's though. I guess I'm making good restaurant choices. I go on the web sit DWLZ.com beforehand and check out the fat grams at each restaurant.

How's everyone else doing???

I figured if I could lose 2-3 pounds a week between now and my 1st cruise 8/8..I should be down another 24-25 pounds..this sure is hard work though! lol

Yeah, sometimes I feel like quitting and just eating what I want and not thinking about it anymore but then I love the feeling of fitting into things again and looking better. People are noticing and it feels real good. Stick with it Cheryl, you can reach your goal by the next cruise!!!!!

Yeah, sometimes I feel like quitting and just eating what I want and not thinking about it anymore but then I love the feeling of fitting into things again and looking better. People are noticing and it feels real good. Stick with it Cheryl, you can reach your goal by the next cruise!!!!!

Oh no..not giving up! I turn the big "50: in October and I plan on looking goooood..hehe..that and I want to skydive and want to make sure I don't weigh my partner down! loo

Archived