Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

Needalatte, although you had the dinner that was high in fat just last night, the TE's may not show up until possibly 3 days later!! If you read the questions on mialli.com, you'll see that if you stay within your fat limits, you won't experience any TE's. I've been on this program a couple of different times and have only experienced one day with a minor 'problem'. Otherwise, I don't see any change when I go to the bathroom. I know it's working cuz I'm down 16.5 plus, just taking the pills and knowing that it's in my system is keeping me on track! I know if I go off of them, I'll cheat too much. ;)

Stick with it and be happy that you're not having any TE's! Congrats on the weight loss!

I know it's working cuz I'm down 16.5 plus, just taking the pills and knowing that it's in my system is keeping me on track! I know if I go off of them, I'll cheat too much. ;) quote]

Thanks! You're right.. Just knowing its in my system is keeping me in check.

Newbiecruiser, thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Yes, I do feel wonderful and a little nervous that I will go back to my old eating habits. I am going to treat myself to a candy bar or something, once in awhile. The biggest connection is how getting sugar out of my system has really improved my quality of life - but I love that sugar!! I feel ten years younger thanks to all of the exercise and look toned and strong. I can't wait to get out my tank tops and show off my arms. (sorry to sound braggy, but I have earned a lttle self praise) Oh, and sometimes the pills (any big pill) will get stuck in my throat. Eating a little something usually pushes it through.

Have a great ALLI day everyone!! Stay strong! Drink water!! NOW.:)

Go ahead and brag a little!! You deserve it! I too am missing a lot of the sugar (although the fat free sugar free pudding helps). When I really want some chocolate, I have 2 Hershey kisses. I only take 2 and it seems to give me the "sweet treat" I "need".

Lost 2 this week so back on track. 18 down, 36 to go. Off to drink more water now! Have a great Weds all!!

if Alli is really doing anything for me. Yes I have lost some weight in the past 2 weeks but I had barely any treatment effects.

Last night I ate a bowl of oily cheesy, ziti with chicken just to see what would happen. It was a frozen package from costco and I have no idea what was in it, but this HAD to have a lot of fat in it... (I had thrown out the box, so I really didnt know) The similar ones I found online had like 60gms of fat.

Nothing happened. :confused:

Starting to wonder how much of a role is Alli really playing here or is at all me? :confused:

Pam is right..you probably won't see the effects for 48 hours. If your anything like me though..I've never had any effects even when I have cheated. I have had the opposite problem all my life and even though I take Alli..I still have to take a BIG tablespoon of milk of magnesia (Dr. recommended) at night to help me "go". I think some of us just have stronger "constitutions".. Don't get me wrong, I would not encourage splurging all the time!

Has anyone read the Mindless Reading I copied on the board? I am reading the book right now and its amazing the studies they have found. Did you know you would eat less M&M's if they were the same color than the mixed? If you have a candy dish on your desk, you will eat less if you can't see through it? Its pretty amazing reading..if anyone gets the chance to read it, I think you would enjoy it!

Go ahead and brag a little!! You deserve it! I too am missing a lot of the sugar (although the fat free sugar free pudding helps). When I really want some chocolate, I have 2 Hershey kisses. I only take 2 and it seems to give me the "sweet treat" I "need".

Lost 2 this week so back on track. 18 down, 36 to go. Off to drink more water now! Have a great Weds all!!

Newbie..I do the same thing..if I crave something sweet (and sugar free pudding doesn't do the trick", I "allow" myself (2) Hershey Kisses. I let them melt "slowly" in my mouth and by the 2nd one, my craving has passed! Does anyone else have any "tricks" they have found that work for them??

One of my biggest problems is when I diet, I crave everything "salty". I know pretzels are no fat, but doesn anyone else know what else to try (pretzels get old after awhile!).

For sweets, a spoonful of frozen cool whip works for me. I have to stay away from the peanut butter. One spoonful will lead to 5. I did like the cucumber/tomato salad soaked in vinegar. The vinegar cures my tastebuds of any cravings real fast. I read a diet trick was to do vinegar shots. :eek: I bet it works though. It's a natural diuretic. When I feel like I am going to lose it and start bingeing - late at night, I'll make a big cup of hot tea. It helps.

I'm a sweet eater, not salt, so I can't help much. I was never a fan of pretzels because they are very binding in the colon. I made my family stop eating them. Oh, I'm off Atkins and back to indulging in my bag of microwave popcorn every night. I practically inhale it - salty and buttery!

Newbiecruiser, 18 pounds is great!!

For sweets, a spoonful of frozen cool whip works for me. I have to stay away from the peanut butter. One spoonful will lead to 5. I did like the cucumber/tomato salad soaked in vinegar. The vinegar cures my tastebuds of any cravings real fast. I read a diet trick was to do vinegar shots. :eek: I bet it works though. It's a natural diuretic. When I feel like I am going to lose it and start bingeing - late at night, I'll make a big cup of hot tea. It helps.

I'm a sweet eater, not salt, so I can't help much. I was never a fan of pretzels because they are very binding in the colon. I made my family stop eating them. Oh, I'm off Atkins and back to indulging in my bag of microwave popcorn every night. I practically inhale it - salty and buttery!

Newbiecruiser, 18 pounds is great!!

Is it low fat popcorn??? I would rather take the time to pop it on the stove..yummm..although I sometimes use too much salt. Salt is BAD..I know this, yet I have a t-shirt that fits me perfectly..it says "I Put Salt on My Salt". My friends found it in Daytona and had to buy it! lol

Cheryl, that T-shirt would be perfect for my sister! She tears open the microwave popcorn bag when she's done eating it and licks the inside of the bag to get all the salt and butter off! I don't know how she stays thin and has great blood pressure. I'm not a salt person, myself. (love chocolate tho! ;) )

Have a great day everyone!

Liz, how are you?

Cheryl: I'm addicted to the Pringles fat free sour cream and onion chips. one serving (14 chips) has no fat and it is only 1 pt on WW. I can usually get by with one serving but if I feel I need more I wait about 30 minutes and then have another 14 chips. I'm a big cracker/chips/pretzel gal too (although I never met a sweet I didn't like. Hum..guess I know why I'm the size I am! LOL) so I know about the salt cravings. They are worse sometimes than the sugar for me.

Cheryl: I'm addicted to the Pringles fat free sour cream and onion chips. one serving (14 chips) has no fat and it is only 1 pt on WW. I can usually get by with one serving but if I feel I need more I wait about 30 minutes and then have another 14 chips. I'm a big cracker/chips/pretzel gal too (although I never met a sweet I didn't like. Hum..guess I know why I'm the size I am! LOL) so I know about the salt cravings. They are worse sometimes than the sugar for me.

MMMM..pringles sound good right about now :-)

Does anyone know how far in advance of my cruise do I need to get off Alli so I don't have any effects while cruising?

I promised myself that I will not over eat on my cruise, but surey the fat grams will be much higher and I will certainly NOT be depriving myself of delicious dessers either.. :D

Thanks.

Does anyone know how far in advance of my cruise do I need to get off Alli so I don't have any effects while cruising?

I promised myself that I will not over eat on my cruise, but surey the fat grams will be much higher and I will certainly NOT be depriving myself of delicious dessers either.. :D

Thanks.

I would stop about 3-5 days..just to be safe!

Before I went skiing (left on a Weds) I stopped the pills on Monday (lunch was the last one) The image of TEs while on a mtn in all that ski gear was toooo frightening for me!!! I did not go crazy but wanted to make sure. 3-5 days sounds about right.

On a similar note, I just heard from the pre-op nurse for me knee surgery next Weds and she told me to stop the pills now. Ok so I am at the same time 1)excited (to maybe a little less concerned about fat grams for a few days) and 2)petrified (that I will not be concerned about fat grams for a few days!) Hoping to keep myself on track for the next week. Will keep you posted. Maggie

Before I went skiing (left on a Weds) I stopped the pills on Monday (lunch was the last one) The image of TEs while on a mtn in all that ski gear was toooo frightening for me!!! I did not go crazy but wanted to make sure. 3-5 days sounds about right.

On a similar note, I just heard from the pre-op nurse for me knee surgery next Weds and she told me to stop the pills now. Ok so I am at the same time 1)excited (to maybe a little less concerned about fat grams for a few days) and 2)petrified (that I will not be concerned about fat grams for a few days!) Hoping to keep myself on track for the next week. Will keep you posted. Maggie

I wonder why she told you to tstop taking them?

I do wish you the best of luck on your surgery! My mothers husband had both his done and he was so glad he did. He was in pain all the time!

My doctor said I will need a hip replacement sometime in my future, but will put it off until I can't walk or stand the pain anymore..maybe when I'm in my 80's..lol

I finally saw a little lose yesterday. 2 1/2 weeks on Alli, and being very strict. NO result till I started going to Curves again. The scale gave up 2 pounds at last. Geez, you would have thought it was 50 pounds I was so happy. I'am getting programmed Mon.:o My "chip" will tell me to work harder, or slow down, left, right needs more. All kinds of stuff. When you're only 5' tall, every pound makes a differance.

I finally saw a little lose yesterday. 2 1/2 weeks on Alli, and being very strict. NO result till I started going to Curves again. The scale gave up 2 pounds at last. Geez, you would have thought it was 50 pounds I was so happy. I'am getting programmed Mon.:o My "chip" will tell me to work harder, or slow down, left, right needs more. All kinds of stuff. When you're only 5' tall, every pound makes a differance.

Congratulations! Every little bit helps!!

So whats with the "chip"? Is this something new for Curves?

I wonder why she told you to tstop taking them?

I do wish you the best of luck on your surgery! My mothers husband had both his done and he was so glad he did. He was in pain all the time!

My doctor said I will need a hip replacement sometime in my future, but will put it off until I can't walk or stand the pain anymore..maybe when I'm in my 80's..lol

Yeah, don't know why she told me to stop, she did not elaborate. I wonder if it may have something to do with the digestive tract and anesthisia and bloating? Don't know.

Thanks for the good wishes. My pain comes and goes (mostly after exercise and when I try to kneel a long time or put my leg in odd positions on the ground)and the doc said I could wait to have the surgery but it would not get better on it's own. Figured now was as good a time as any. Hoping to be able to be up and exercising soon after--they have me scheduled for PT 2 days post op.

Yeah, don't know why she told me to stop, she did not elaborate. I wonder if it may have something to do with the digestive tract and anesthisia and bloating? Don't know.

Thanks for the good wishes. My pain comes and goes (mostly after exercise and when I try to kneel a long time or put my leg in odd positions on the ground)and the doc said I could wait to have the surgery but it would not get better on it's own. Figured now was as good a time as any. Hoping to be able to be up and exercising soon after--they have me scheduled for PT 2 days post op.

I guess that does make sense..also..it will be hard to get out of bed to run to the "potty" every few minutes if there was a problem..lol

Have a great weekend everyone! I have my Company Picnic this weekend and WILL watch what I eat..I WILL watch what I eat..I WILL watch what I eat..lol

Is it low fat popcorn???

I checked the box, and it isn't - which explains the great buttery taste. It's movie theater artificial butter popcorn, 200 calories for the whole bag. HIGH fat grams :eek: However, it is my one indulgence and I take a pill with it. I haven't had TE's and I'm losing weight at the same rate if I indulge or not. :confused: Maybe I should give it up for the next two final weeks before my cruise.

Today I am down 2 more pounds for a total of 25 since Jan. 1. I'm thrilled.

Newbiecruiser - good luck with your knee. I have so far escaped the surgery. Now with the weight loss, I feel so much better - still get a bad twinge once in awhile with lateral movement - but nothing like before.

Willie - Hang in there! Yes, the body is a stubborn beast, but those two pounds are a big start. It will get better. You've got to hang in there. Mine was a slow road, but it paid off. Congratu;ations on the exercise - yes, tell us about this "chip".

The weekends are tough...........everybody think of everybody else when you reach for that cookie or chip and put it back! We can do this!!

Curves has put in a few new machines with the original ones, and they all have a tiny computer "thingy" attached. All of you vital stats are programed onto a small chip, the kind that goes on your keychain with a bar code. Anyway, it has your age, weight, medical history, every thing. You insert it into each machine as you go around and it gives you a read out of heart rate, resporation etc. It also shows when you need to work harder, or slower, that sort of thing. And then the chip can go into the main computer for your full work out history and results. It's very new here, and my appointment to get programed(:eek: ) is tomorrow. Now if they could just program my brain along with it.....

Good luck at the picnic Cheryl! Hope you have fun!!

We had a terrific turnout this year for our Annual Picnic. I think we had about 130 people! I was so busy making sure everyone was having a good time, that I ate 2 pieces of chicken and a small amount of baked beans and that was it! whoohooo

Good for you Cheryl!!! What willpower!!! I on the other hand have realized that the threat of TEs is much more of a motivator for me. Since I have not been taking the pills I have allowed myself more indulgences this past weekend (including Costco cake). While I do not think I have gone totally round the bend, I do know that I feel "squishy-er" (if that makes any sense) Can't wait til surgery/recovery is over and I can start taking the pills again. I am hoping to eat sensibly (since someone else will be cooking and serving me) for the rest of the week and hopefully will be off the pain meds and back to the Alli by next weekend.

Hope everybody is having a good week (too wet here in VA to walk, dreary and damp and colder) Going to drink more water now :)

Good for you Cheryl!!! What willpower!!! I on the other hand have realized that the threat of TEs is much more of a motivator for me. Since I have not been taking the pills I have allowed myself more indulgences this past weekend (including Costco cake). While I do not think I have gone totally round the bend, I do know that I feel "squishy-er" (if that makes any sense) Can't wait til surgery/recovery is over and I can start taking the pills again. I am hoping to eat sensibly (since someone else will be cooking and serving me) for the rest of the week and hopefully will be off the pain meds and back to the Alli by next weekend.

Hope everybody is having a good week (too wet here in VA to walk, dreary and damp and colder) Going to drink more water now :)

I won't tell you what the weather is like here then :-)

I was so busy at the picnic that I even forgot to drink much. Afterwards I went to the Grocery Store and downed a bottle of water before I finished shopping! You should have seen the cashiers "look" when I paid for an empty bottle..lol I think I was a little dehydrated! When I'm at my desk at work, I drink continuously..I have a harder time on the weekends because I'm usually so busy, My liguid diet this weekend was beer :-)

Archived