Princess Paris Tour

I guess no one has any info on this tour? Thanks anyways. I will keep searching.

Did you post this on the CC Princess board? You may get a reply there or do a search on ths board as there may be info already posted.

Denise40:

It's a good question, esp since you have the time (2009) to keep searching. I have not done these Paris tours (Princess offers several varieties) but may I offer a couple of ideas that may help you find the info you are seeking?

1. Go to top of the boards page and enable the "Search" button. Type in "Paris".......ask for threads......and specify the search include "Princess" "Princess Roll Calls" and the "Europe" threads. A whole lot should come up to read and research!

2. You could also visit the Princess Roll Call section & look for recent cruises and ask for reviews from recent cruisers who might have taken the Princess Paris tour offerings.

3. Go to Princess.com and just read through the shore excursions to Paris as well as the other excursions offered out of Le Havre they are offering THIS year and see if they interest you.

4. Go to Google and type in: "Shore Excursions Paris France" OR "Shore Excursions Le Havre France" I've used that for various other ports and picked up some good websites. That may work.

Wow.......2009! And you're planning already.....you'll be an expert by the time it rolls around and have a ton of fun in the process! Enjoy!

This is a great info site.........you should be getting some better responses to your question in a day or too.

Martha

We did the Paris on You Own tour with Celebrity in late April this year. It was mainly to get the ship's transpo, which I like when I go to a new port that is pretty far from the port.

The drive was pleasant, the commentary nice, and the drop off at the Eiffel Tower.

We then walked through the square at the base of the ET, taking time to jaw-drop at the scene and the gorgeous gardens and trees all around, went to the other side of the ET and got on the hop on/off bus. Took the tour all over Paris. We got off at the Arc de Triomphe and walked down the Champs Elysees (I had to find the streeet where my Mom lived during WWII), and walked around a bit. That time could have been used at any of the other stops: your choice.

It was great!! Then when the hoho got back to the ET, we got off and waited about 30 minutes in the gardens for our tour bus to take us back to Le Havre.

• 5 weeks later...

Peggy, we'll be doing a Celebrity cruise next summer and plan to take the same Paris on Your Own tour. Can you let me know what the departure and arrival times are at the ship, and in Paris? Doesn't sound like you had more than 3 or 4 hours in Paris. Presumably your call at LeHavre had a late departure (11pm) as ours will.

Peggy, we'll be doing a Celebrity cruise next summer and plan to take the same Paris on Your Own tour. Can you let me know what the departure and arrival times are at the ship, and in Paris? Doesn't sound like you had more than 3 or 4 hours in Paris. Presumably your call at LeHavre had a late departure (11pm) as ours will.

It was a full day. We left the ship around 8:30 in the morning, and arrived in Paris around 10:30. We had until 3 - 4 PM in Paris on our own. The ship didn't leave Le Havre until 10 PM, but we were ready to go back, relax, and have dinner. We have late seating on cruises in Europe for this reason. The sights are frequently quite a distance from the ship, and it's a full day.

Archived