if we have 2 rooms, can we move the furniture around?

OnTheBrink

We'll be on Emerald Princess in Lido deck 302 and 304. We have 2 kids - 3.5 and 7. We'd like to (if possible) all sleep in the same room and have the other room to kind of hang out in. I'm wondering if we can move the little table and two chairs in one room to another to allow for floor space for the kids to sleep on. Better yet, can we just ask for the extra furniture to be removed for the entire trip (not stored in our 2nd room)?

We'll be on Emerald Princess in Lido deck 302 and 304. We have 2 kids - 3.5 and 7. We'd like to (if possible) all sleep in the same room and have the other room to kind of hang out in. I'm wondering if we can move the little table and two chairs in one room to another to allow for floor space for the kids to sleep on. Better yet, can we just ask for the extra furniture to be removed for the entire trip (not stored in our 2nd room)?

why spend the money on the second cabin if your going to have your kids sleep on the floor. they will have beds. let them use em!

No, we're not putting our kids in a separate room without adults. The only option would be that we split up - 1 adult and 1 kid per room. But we'd like to have the option of sleeping in the same room. We always do when we travel (and often at home) and it works great for us.

We had to get 2 rooms because of where we wanted to be with the rest of the extended family - Lido Deck. We could have done the suite, but that was a lot more money.

Are the rooms connecting?

What extra furniture?? Cabins barely have furniture in them as it is. Moving stuff around that's already in the room is one thing.....but I still don't understand what it is that you think you're moving anyway....:confused:

I would say no. It's not your home. Nor is the cabin steward a mover. But that's just my personal take on the situation.

I don't really know that you'll have enough room even if you move a few things out. I think all there is for moveable furniture is the chair at the dressing table, and a small armchair. The balcony cabins aren't very big. You can open the balcony divider and have access between cabins that way, if that helps.

You can open the balcony divider and have access between cabins that way, if that helps.

Thank you! That was another question - very good to know!

I would think your cabin steward could accomodate you with a tip. :D

Amazing how that works, huh? :)

I was looking at this little diagram online. I was thinking those two little purple chairs and little round table could be moved. I do think it would leave plenty of room for my kiddos. They are small and sleep close together anyway (when not in our bed!).

stateroom_diagram_ep_oceanview_double_with_balcony.gif

I would get a minisuite that sleeps 4.

This sounds so much easier.

Yeah, I agree. But it's a gift from MIL and we don't have that choice. Part of the deal is that we all (6 rooms) are together on the Lido Deck. Trust me, we've considered this, but it's not worth it! You know, in law stuff...

If you've paid for two adjoining (or next to each other) cabins you can move anything "moveable"! Just tell your Cabin Steward that you want to leave the "extra" furniture in one cabin and want to sleep in the other. If you don't want the "extra" furniture in the second cabin, they'll be happy to take it away.

All of the Cabin Steward's we've had were very accommodating!

They want their tip!

The diagram is a bit misleading. The small table and chair(s) don't take up much room but you could always ask. The desk chair is straightbacked (it's not a tub chair) and fits right into the desk area so you're not saving any space that way.

I might add, the diagram makes it look much more spacious then it actually is. Remember, on Princess, the square footage of the cabin includes the balcony.

I am still a bit confused though. Why didn't you just book a cabin that sleeps 4 instead of two seperate cabins? That way you all would have been together for sleeping as well as anything else?

I would make both cabins twin bedded and put an adult & child in each one. I would leave princess' furniture where it is.

The two cabins is better than the mini for the 2 bathrooms, plus the extra long balcony when you open the divider.

Can either of your cabins accommodate 4 people? If yes, then just have your cabin steward pull down the extra beds from the ceiling. That way you can all sleep in the same room and not have to put anyone on the floor.

You might move the chairs and little table into the second cabin and see about moving the two beds (that make up the queen) flush against the wall and see if you can fit in one of the other two twins from the 2nd cabin into the sleeping cabin. You'd have an extras large bed that you all could fit in. it might be possible. Then move the other twin in cabin 2 against the wall and use it as a seating area. You probably would have to move the night stand also but why not make it work for you. If you put most of your clothes into the 2nd cabin, that could be the "getting ready" cabin.

Onthebrink - I'll let you know how we get on as we are planning on doing the same thing except on the Sun (unfortunately smaller cabin though!) - there were no minis that could accommodate 4 and it was cheaper for us to get two cabins (2 bathrooms with 2 princesses will be invaluable) we are planning on taking 2 blow up mattresses and "squeezing" them in some how!!!!!:eek: :cool: regardless we wil have a great time.......

Why didn't you just book a cabin that sleeps 4 instead of two seperate cabins? That way you all would have been together for sleeping as well as anything else?

Because it wasn't our choice. It's a gift.

Can either of your cabins accommodate 4 people? If yes, then just have your cabin steward pull down the extra beds from the ceiling. That way you can all sleep in the same room and not have to put anyone on the floor.

I don't think they can. At least, not according to our travel agent.

Onthebrink - I'll let you know how we get on as we are planning on doing the same thing except on the Sun (unfortunately smaller cabin though!) - there were no minis that could accommodate 4 and it was cheaper for us to get two cabins (2 bathrooms with 2 princesses will be invaluable) we are planning on taking 2 blow up mattresses and "squeezing" them in some how!!!!!:eek: :cool: regardless we wil have a great time.......

Oh! Please do let me know! Thank you!

A cabin that sleeps 4 is the same price as a cabin that sleeps 2. You just look for a cabin on the Lido deck that has the symbol for sleeping for 4. We had one on the Riviera deck for 4 and there were only 2 of us. The bunks pulled down from the ceiling. The only time when a cabin for 4 costs more is when you are going to have only that room for 4 people. Maybe your cabin has a symbol already on it?

Using one cabin for sleeping & another for hanging out is a good idea in your situation.

Explain to your cabin steward asap as they can save time on turning down the one cabin & supply the extra sheets, pillows etc for the sleeping cabin.

Its not a problem as long as the cabin steward is fully informed. They have to tell their deck supervisor of any changes to cabin usage as their cabins are regually inspected to ensure standards are maintained.

As for moving furniture, there is very little inside a cabin that can move & the furniture that does is usually heavy. Again speak to your cabin steward before attemping to move anything.

A cabin that sleeps 4 is the same price as a cabin that sleeps 2. You just look for a cabin on the Lido deck that has the symbol for sleeping for 4. We had one on the Riviera deck for 4 and there were only 2 of us. The bunks pulled down from the ceiling. The only time when a cabin for 4 costs more is when you are going to have only that room for 4 people. Maybe your cabin has a symbol already on it?

The only cabins that sleep 4 on the Lido deck are the suites. We spent a long time looking for one, trust me!

I'm really fine about the 2 room thing. I like to compartmentalize things! :)

I was looking at this little diagram online. I was thinking those two little purple chairs and little round table could be moved. I do think it would leave plenty of room for my kiddos. They are small and sleep close together anyway (when not in our bed!).

Although that area looks rather large, it really isn't. The diagram is misleading. I'll try to find you an actual picture of it.

We moved furniture around and the cabin steward actually took the coffee table out of our mini on the Star so that my son could have a large playroom in the back where the couch is. We also moved the couch to the opposite wall- we did this ourselves but when we asked the cabin steward on the 2nd to last day if he wanted us to move it back he said not to worry about it.

He was very accomodating and always asking us if there was anything else he could do in terms of moving furniture around.- and we rewarded him accordingly. I wouldn't worry about it- anything that is moveable (i.e. not attached to the wall), can be moved!

Enjoy!

Since you are traveling with a family group, is there anyone else in your group that might want to sleep in the kid's room and be your night babysitter? like an older teen or single person? And of course if these are balcony rooms, leave the balcony divider open.

Since you are traveling with a family group, is there anyone else in your group that might want to sleep in the kid's room and be your night babysitter? like an older teen or single person? And of course if these are balcony rooms, leave the balcony divider open.

I'm pretty much thinking NO! Don't get me started on the weird in-law dynamics!

Honestly, we'll either figure out how to sleep all 4 together. Or, we'll sleep dad + kid in one room and mom + kid in another. Clearly we're not leaving the kids in their own room.

Archived