Should I bring....

wework2play

laptop?

munchie foods for kids?

monies smaller than $1? (does anything on ship use quarters?

How many swimsuits per person?

beach towels?

Kids are ages 7 and 9.

I'm starting to pack and want to pack light... any advice??

laptop?No, not unless you HAVE to

munchie foods for kids?I would bring a few things, although food is available kids sometimes miss their favorite treats

monies smaller than $1? (does anything on ship use quarters?if you are going to wash a load or 2 of clothes, the machines take quarters - but you can get change at the pursers desk

How many swimsuits per person?we usually bring 2

beach towels?no need, unless you are concerned about losing Carnival's towels - they will charge you $22 each

Kids are ages 7 and 9.

have a great trip!

laptop? Completely up to you.

munchie foods for kids? We didn't find that necessary as there was always food around.

monies smaller than $1? (does anything on ship use quarters? I believe you can use quarters in the arcade. I gave my kids cash but they can also use the sign & sail card.

How many swimsuits per person? We did 3 each. BTW, my 10 yr old would change into and out of his trunks twice or three times per day and put on new underwear everyday. I should've packed more than one per day.

beach towels? We didn't. They give you beach towels but if you're worried that you'll lose it and get charged, just use the bath towels instead.

Kids are ages 7 and 9.

I just couldn't pack light. Don't forget a sweater, sweatsuit, jeans, something WARM as the public rooms are C-O-L-D!!!!!!

I agree with everything except stated above except for bathing suits. It depends on how long of a cruise you are going on. I usually bring three bathing suits for 7 nights or longer.

You only need the laptop if you want to use the computer in your cabin, but the ships have a computer room. Regardless of whether you use your own computer or the ship's computers, you still pay the same. Why lug your own computer (unless you are planning on doing work, ugh).

Boxed cereal is available at breakfast, several different types. They are good for taking with you on shore days for the kids. Room service is availble 24/7 with sandwiches, cookies, brownies, hot chocolate, etc.

If you really want to pack light, you don't need to bring beach towels, 2 suits, no laptop, no snacks, there is plenty on the ship.

If you want to take snacks off the ship, make sure they are prepackages.

No fruit or meat is allowed to be brought off the ship at in most ports.

You only need the laptop if you want to use the computer in your cabin, but the ships have a computer room. Regardless of whether you use your own computer or the ship's computers, you still pay the same. Why lug your own computer (unless you are planning on doing work, ugh).

Not really... you can use your laptop to download pictures off your camera. You can also save money on the internet minutes by downloading your email then signing off to read it and reply. Sign back on to send.

Also on some ships, internet doesn't work in the cabins, but does work in several public areas, like on the Lido deck.

Archived