Size of Stateroom

starr52

We booked a superior inside cabin on the Majesty sailing Boston to Bermuda on July 15th. Really does not matter at this point but in checking I see that cabin 3054 is listed at 145 sq feet on Expedia and only 108 sq feet on another website ( can't remember the name but it is where you type in the name of the ship and stateroom and there is info about it.)

Does anyone know which information is correct?

Thanks for your help.

We have sailed Majesty twice. Some of the cabins are indeed 108 sq ft. We had one on our 2nd trip.

Basically, the bed was pushed up against the wall and there was only room for the small night stand between the bed and the other wall. From the foot of the bed to the closet it was wide enough for a chair to sit sideways.

The ship was stretched at one point. I believe that it is in the newer center section where you will find the smaller cabins. You will know if you are in the old section if you find a built in ironing board with your desk.

From the looks of the deck plan that I see, 3054 will accommodate 3rd and 4th passengers. I would believe that it is one of the 145 sq ft cabins as IMHO there is no way to get more than 2 (very close) people into a 108:D

Charlie

PS When we were in the 108, we had a fantastic cruise:)

Here's what I got:

Cabin 3054

• Telephone (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (108)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Port Side
  • Midship Section
  • Shower (1)
  • Bed Boards (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Inside Stateroom
  • Pier aft
  • Sprinklers

We had an inside on the Dawn last year, it wasn't so bad. We have an inside on the Majesty in August... is it that much smaller? I'm nervous?

Not that I plan on staying in the room much. I'd rather cruise more often in a smaller cabin than less often in a suite!

We had an inside on the Dawn last year, it wasn't so bad. We have an inside on the Majesty in August... is it that much smaller? I'm nervous?

Not that I plan on staying in the room much. I'd rather cruise more often in a smaller cabin than less often in a suite!

The Majesty has two cabin sizes, with or without a window: 108 sq. ft. and 145 sq. ft. The only ones that are different are the AB and AA Suites. We've been in the smaller one before (oceanview) and it wasn't bad at all. We love the Majesty. :)

Here's what I got:

Cabin 3054

• Telephone (1)
  • Cabin Square Footage (108)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Port Side
  • Midship Section
  • Shower (1)
  • Bed Boards (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Inside Stateroom
  • Pier aft
  • Sprinklers

Been in a 108 and there is IMHO no way that a crib will fit into that size room. At least not opened up with all legs on the floor:D

Charlie

I've noticed on travel sites that the info isn't always accurate in terms of cabin size. Use this tool to plug in your ship and cabin number to get details:

http://1stmatecruises.com/nclcabins/

Argh!:mad: Every time I try to find info on anything specific pertaining to the Pearl, nobody has it. I just bought Stern's '07 cruising book and believe me, everything BUT the Pearl is in it.:(

The downside of a new ship I guess. Except it's 6 months old now.

Argh!:mad: Every time I try to find info on anything specific pertaining to the Pearl, nobody has it. I just bought Stern's '07 cruising book and believe me, everything BUT the Pearl is in it.:(

The downside of a new ship I guess. Except it's 6 months old now.

Lots of Pearl detail online. What are you looking for?

Lots of Pearl detail online. What are you looking for?

Hi Shoreguy! Thanks for offering, I'm just sulking a bit (mostly about that Stern's book I just bought with NO Pearl info). There's really nothing too specific I'm looking for, have definitely found tons here;) I just want MORE, know what I mean?

If I'm not mistaken I've seen your pics of the Pearl. Fantastic!

BTW, you know Jean in IN don't you, and your name starts with M? Ears ringin'?:p (Boy am I going to feel silly if I've mistaken you for someone else!):o

Happy Sailing!

Romy

Romy, I don't know exactly what info you need on the Pearl, but this link lets you look at specific staterooms and decks:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipsncl.php

Thanks Heelfan, I checked it out, very helpful. I was startled for a second as the picture that came up was a standard inside. Mine is a balcony. However, reading the list, it definitely has a balcony. That's a great reference as it lists sq. footage too.

Appreciate your help!:)

Happy Sailing!

Romy

Thanks Heelfan, I checked it out, very helpful. I was startled for a second as the picture that came up was a standard inside. Mine is a balcony. However, reading the list, it definitely has a balcony. That's a great reference as it lists sq. footage too.

Appreciate your help!:)

Happy Sailing!

Romy

You're welcome, Romy. I noticed the picture error! I entered one of the penthouse numbers for the Pearl, and the inside pic came up. :)

Looking at the deck plan even if it shows up on some sites as 108 it is a 145sf superior inside same a 3030QUOTE]

We have booked cabin 3030 for our September cruise on the Majesty.

Does this superior inside cabin come with a fridge or do we need to bring our cooler bag for ice and drinks?

Archived