New to Regent - Ground transportation?

2xshy

We'll be on the Voyager's 7/28 Stockholm to Copenhagen cruise, but are spending 2 days pre-departure and 1 day post-departure in Stockholm and Copenhagen, respectively. Regent has arranged our air travel, but I don't know if they provide any ground transfers to/from our hotels, the airports or the ports. Any advice/experience/recommendations?

Also, if they don't provide ground, does anyone have any experience with taxi service in either city?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

If you booked your hotel package thru Regent they'll provide transport to the hotel and to the ship; same on post- to hotel and to airport. If you didn't book the hotel thru Regent, I don't know. I think you can buy the transport from Regent, but you're probably better off just getting a cab.

I don't know about Copenhagen, but we made our own arrangements pre cruise in Stockholm last year. The airport is quite a distance from town, and we learned that the best way into the city is the airport train, the Arlanda Express. One buys a ticket in the airport terminal not too far from the baggage claim area and then descends into an underground station where the beautiful, clean train departs at something like 20 minute intervals. It has luggage storage by each door inside the train, and one is in central Stockholm in no time. Once in Stockholm, we took a cab to our hotel. It was all quite simple.

When you leave for the pier, have your hotel call a taxi. It is a quick ride, and I think it was about 20 dollars.

I did a similar cruise last year on Voyager. We pre-booked hotels ourselves in Stockholm and Copenhagen.

Taxi transport in Stockholm was awful. I actually contacted a big taxi company in Stockholm via internet before travel, and pre-arranged 2 taxis to collect us at the airport. Fees also agreed and I kept a printout with me. The journey took more than an hour. On arrival, the taxi drivers then decided to charge us supplements, saying that waiting time was not included in the quoted fees.

On another occasion, we took a taxi from the palace back to the hotel which was only a short distance (500m). The first taxi driver refused to take us. The second one would not use the meter and quoted us $20. It's a rip off, but we were too tired to argue.

When we disembarked at Copenhagen pier, there were many taxis available, and the ground staff (do not belong to Regent's) were most helpful with our luggage. They deserved a tip.

Archived