March 24th Beijing to Hong Kong

leonardray

I am booked on it but I dont have my Japanese tours booked. Who did you book with.

I got a good quote from China Highlights for the land portion but havent finalized yet.

Any tips?

Miriam

We are doing the Oceania pretour for Beijing. We lived in Okinawa and Taiwan and know exactly what we want to see again and will do it on our own. Have only been to Tokyo so have not quite finalized the Japan part of our trip. We are spending 4 days in Hong Kong and are going to visit all the places we went to 40 years ago. It is a beautiful and warm country. We will all have a fantastic trip and will hopfully meet on board.

Hi we also did this one in 2006. along with Digby (hi Digby:) ). We had a slight hitch that might be worh your knowing about. Nautica got fogged in in the middle of the Yantze river and consequently we missed a night in Japan. We were to do one night in Hiroshima and two nights in Kobe, but ended up doing only one night in Kobe. So some people who had booked an overnighter in Kyoto weren't able to use it and probably lost a night's fee. I absolutely always book my own tours in advance, but this time I was glad I hadn't booked off ship accommodation. Because of the one day restriction we threw our Kyoto plans out the window and went to Himeji Castle instead, which was brilliant.

Miyajima was a stunning highlight from Hiroshima and we got there under our own steam on a tram and ferry.

You have lived in Okinawa so I don't need to tell you what to do. Just for interest's sake, we are middle aged and unfit, but we made our own way to Taketomi and bicycled around which was an absolute highlight.

Any other details I can provide, let me know.

Archived