Dive Trip in Costa Maya

MSEm

I need information on the DIVE trip that is offerred at Costa Maya by HAL Maybe one offerred by CCL? Where does the dive take place? Is there a name for the dive location? Do you need to hold a Dive certification for the trip?

Thanks for the help

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on a cruise in August that stops in Costa Maya and I have done a lot of research about diving at each of our stops, since that is the main point of our cruise. The only information I got on diving in Costa Maya was this - everyone seems to agree that the only two dive outfits near the port are unsafe, crowded, and rushed. The cruise ships used to use one of them, now they use the other, but they are both pretty much the same. But, on the plus side, I heard the diving was beautiful - lush untouched reef, clear water.

Anyway, since I didn't want to miss out on that, I kept digging and found out about Maya Palms Resort about 20-30 minutes away that is supposed to be fantastic. I have read such good reviews about them at scubaboard dot com that it seems as if they were paid to write them!! We have booked diving and a day of relaxing with them, and with two boat dives, transportation, lunch, and unlimited drinks, it still comes out to less than what the cruise ship charges!

Their website is just mayapalms dot com. When are you going?

Oh, most places require you to be certified, including Maya Palms.

Archived