QE Transatlantic Dec 2004: tips/ thoughts

Gary B

I'm just back from the QE2 last week and, guys, I am glad to report that she was the best I've seen her. Food and service excellent. Entertainment same as ever.

I am counting the days until 15Dec04 now, not sure what we are at though; Vic can you help us out there?

[quote name='transat_jon']I am counting the days until 15Dec04 now, not sure what we are at though; Vic can you help us out there?[/QUOTE]

24 days to go, my friend........

Looking forard to the crossing, as well as meeting you!
BTW, are you coming to London before the voyage?

If so, join us at the pre-crossing soiree.

Micheal : I will post my opinions and some photos on my vacation pics website. I had hoped to get that done this weekend but it's not looking that likely (my last couple of weeks have been a bit hectic).

Vic : From last week I live in Southampton. I don't think I will be able to get to the London pre trip meet although I would like to; I imagine I will be packing that night!

Gary B : I took a number of pics of one of the suites for you. I'd noticed you asking for specs before but I forgot which cabin you wanted when I was there, so I got the wrong one (8014).

I'm happy to say that I got my documents on Friday. I had Cunard overnight them to me after a lot of confusion. I'm heading out of San Francisco next week and didn't want to chance them no showing up before I left. I'm very excited about my whole vacation, especially finishing it up on the QE2!!

I am sure all of you will [size=2]appreciate my new desk here in Southampton. 11th floor in the centre looking over the docks. In the last few days I have seen Aurora, Oriana and Marco Polo (just the funnel).[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]The Cunard terminal is just round the corner so I can't see it from my desk but well you can't have everything.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]In Edinburgh I was also looking over the docks from a similar height but here has a larger number of grand visitors a year. On the 15Dec04 I will probably pop in to get some pics of QE2 before I head on board.[/size]
[size=2]
[/size]

I have posted on the roll call a suggested cruisecritic get together on board : 15Dec04 Chart Room 06:00 pm. See the rollcall at [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=69846&page=2"]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=69846&page=2[/url] for the details.

Vic, just had another glance at the view, it's still there, so nice.

Archived