QE Transatlantic Dec 2004: tips/ thoughts

Gary B

Hello. Better look at the luggage limits before taking the bus. Don't know what it translates to in US Lbs, but my 2nd self suitcase is bound to be close to British Air's 70 Lb max.

It has been suggested that train to Southampton is the way to go. Less than 2 weeks to find out if they are right !!

Excluding the Canadian trip next August, this -as we all know- will be the last QE2 TA Crossing until January 2006....so I'm especially thankful for this great experience that lies before us.: a QE2 crossing of the Atlantic...I'm sure QM2 is a fine ship and I look forward to finding out what she has to offer, eventually.....BUT as a QE2 fan, oh well, you know....this is the good stuff.

Tomorrow's December....finally.

Tom

FINALLY!!!!

LOL

Guess someone at Cunard likes to see people sweat it out.
It's really weird that for some trips, they send out docs
at least a month and half in advance.

This is the latest I've recieved them. You have to think that there's a reason for this. Oh well, they're here, and now I can stop with the heart palpitations.

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']FINALLY!!!!

LOL

This is the latest I've recieved them. You have to think that there's a reason for this. Oh well, they're here, and now I can stop with the heart palpitations.[/QUOTE]
Vic:

I guess they finally decided to let you on after all !!!

Anchors away !!

Tom

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']FINALLY!!!!

LOL

This is the latest I've recieved them. You have to think that there's a reason for this. Oh well, they're here, and now I can stop with the heart palpitations.[/QUOTE]

Do the docs look any different now that they are coming from Princess Cruises in LA? I think in early 2005 Cunard will migrate over to the Princess POLAR reservation system, so for certain we will see a change in the document design then.

Ernie

Hi Ernie

No, still the same type..... the navy vinyl cover, and the spiral
bound booklet with the Cunard colours.

Have to say, I miss the old luggage tags from pre 2003.
I know the new ones are more practical in a way, but it's like the 'hotel bag check' stickers that are common. LOL

Let's see what happens next ........

:-D

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']Hi Ernie

No, still the same type..... the navy vinyl cover, and the spiral
bound booklet with the Cunard colours.

Have to say, I miss the old luggage tags from pre 2003.
I know the new ones are more practical in a way, but it's like the 'hotel bag check' stickers that are common. LOL

Let's see what happens next ........

:-D[/QUOTE]

I agree, the old QE2 baggage tags were classics! In fact they may become collectors items so hang on to them.

Have a great crossing. I wish I were going with. :(

Ernie

[quote name='eroller']I agree, the old QE2 baggage tags were classics! In fact they may become collectors items so hang on to them.

Have a great crossing. I wish I were going with. :(

Ernie[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ernie

I'm sure we'll end up on the same ship. There will be other crossings, I can feel it.
Have a great Christmas!

Hi Vic

A get together has been mentioned by others and is a good idea so I'd thought I'd put a time on it and see what opinions were. I am in Mauretania late myself so later is better for me.

I had suggested 6pm to fit in with the Mauretania early sitting. If there is no one in Mauretania early sitting interested we could change the time to be more convenient for all else, say about 7pm.

The other option is lunch on the first day at sea, although passengers in P or G cabins will not want to miss one meal in there respective restaurants!

Hi guys

Don't know if any of you have been following the weather out there in the pond. If not, and are feelling brave, see [url="http://www.surf.hero.com/predict.cgi?loc=natl"]http://www.surf.hero.com/predict.cgi?loc=natl[/url] .

It is looking a bit choppy next week!

Looks fine to me. Of course, I also bring my own copy of the Beaufort Scale with me to read up on the difference between a Force 8 and Force 9 storm, so I may not be typical.

Here's to pitching, rolling and yawing!

[quote name='transat_jon']

I had suggested 6pm to fit in with the Mauretania early sitting. If there is no one in Mauretania early sitting interested we could change the time to be more convenient for all else, say about 7pm.
[QUOTE]

Hi,

Well, I know what I'll be doing at 6pm on the 15th...
I'll still be up on the forward observation deck as we sail down Southampton Water. I love that approach to Cowes as the ship makes that sharp turn!
Well, weather permitting, of course.
Last year's Dec. crossing, if I remember right, we didn't depart the quay until about 6pm, for some reason or other.

see you all there!
Kyle

I remember last Dec ..... we didn't leave til around 6pm, or 6:15. The funny thing is, our departure is noted as 5pm on the
ships documents. But in the UK brochure for that sailing, it's
6pm......

Kyle, I'll be up there with you!
Love to hear that great whistle as we pull out.

How about a 7 PM meet if no one on early seating. I'd like to be outside watching too. Then how about another try also in Chart Room after dinner around 10:30, before everyone moves on to the Yacht Club.

Just got it today from very good source that Captain McNaught will be guiding us. We're off to a good start.

Howard and everyone else

7pm sounds better for a get togther all round on 15Dec, no one has said they are in the early Mauretania seating. This means people have a chance to watch the sailing and get dressed for dinner.

Chart room on the lounge seats behind the piano.

See you all there.

Hi Gary, I've just noticed I didn't actually say where the photos were, although I assume you found them. Its in the "on board" section of the Nov04 cruise, which I have just noticed says "Gibraltar" on the page! (As I said before the website is not quite finished).

Archived