Parking while cruising

wghcpa

This is my first time in NO. We are sailing on the Conquest on 6/13/04. Can someone tell me if there is plenty of parking at the docks? Is the parking garage easy to get to? How early do we need to arrive? Help!

There is plenty of parking: the prime choices are the lot next to the cruise terminal and the Fulton Street Garage. You can find maps, rates, etc. at:

[url="http://www.portno.com"]www.portno.com[/url]

The best time to arrive is sometime betweem 11:00 and 1:00. You will avoid the debarking passengers/traffic and be on board in time for lunch.

You should definitely TRY for the Port Authority lot next to the terminal. You just walk thru a gate and you're at the terminal.

Fulton St. Garage is only about 3 blocks away. Although they have a complimentary shuttle to and from the pier, it's just [I]easier[/I] to use the P.A. lot.

Rate is the same at both places, $12 per day. At the P.A. lot, you pay CASH (only) in advance. At Fulton St. Garage, you pay AFTER the cruise, and they do take credit cards as well as cash.

Festivale 1987
Carnivale 1988
Mardi Gras 1989
Pacific Princess 1990
Norway 1994
Holiday 2001
Holiday 2002
Holiday 2003

• 8 months later...
[quote name='wghcpa']This is my first time in NO. We are sailing on the Conquest on 6/13/04. Can someone tell me if there is plenty of parking at the docks? Is the parking garage easy to get to? How early do we need to arrive? Help![/QUOTE]
You can always park your car with Machu Picchu, their website is [url="http://www.machupicchutours.com"]www.machupicchutours.com[/url]. They gave us a rate that was cheaper than the port, it was 12 dollars a day, with the seventh day free.

There is a lot of construction at the pier as of January 2005. We parked at the Hertz parking deck for $84/7 days which is about 4 blocks away. You drop your luggage off at the terminal , drive to parking deck, then take a shuttle back to the ship.

Trouble is when you get back to New Orleans it is CHAOS for everyone. There is not enough room for the shuttle buses and such. We brought rolling luggage and walked back to the parking garage. We saved the porter tip and it only took 15 minutes. Friends of ours waited for the shuttle back to the garage and the whole process took 2 hours.

Archived