PG Question

KLG

We're looking at booking the PG for a 10-day sailing next June or July (2008). As of now the category C availability is 'guarantee only'--no specific cabins. My question: Does it matter? Are there any "bad" cabins on the PG? For example, Navigator and Voyager have vibration issues in some parts of the ship. The real issue is whether the risk is small, or if it's worth paying the extra money for a B cabin. I can't see that I'll have much use for a butler, which is one difference.

I'd especially like to hear from past pax who have had experience with both the B and the C, if there's anyone out there.

Thanks.

Karen

No open days at sea I doubt vibration will be an issue - I would have preferred a balcony but did not feel it worth the big time extra $$$ though I had a balcony on a Tahiti cruise before and loved it - this time I will use the open decks.

I am looking forward to my 6/25/08 PG cruise.

Larry

My opinion, everyone has one, makes no difference on the C category cabin. We also did a B the first time we were on the PG. If you get upgraded, great but not alot of difference just a bit bigger and I guess they have butler service now.

All three times we were on the starboard side as a matter of coincidence not planning.

Heck we did a F cabin and found it very nice.

Decided to spend the extra $$ on more excurssions.

Worked well for us. Hardly had time to be in the cabin except to sleep anyway.

Only issue I have had is balcony cabins that are under the pool deck. In the morning, the staff is always moving around tables and chairs and it can be noisy when you are trying to sleep in (it usually happens around 6am!).

Our first trip in 2001, we were upgraded from a "c" to a "b". I presume if they don't sell out "b" but have waitlists for "c" they upgrade to fill the ship, but what do I know. We were upgraded on the Mariner from an "H" to a "D" in May.

Archived