LIVE from the SERENADE!!!

[

I forgot to report on my other post that the folks who did the Skagway Glacier Flightseeing/Dogsledding combo had the time of their lives. They can't rave enough about it!

Hi Jen -- Did those folks book through RCCL or is there another company I should be checking out? In Skagway I will want to take the White Pass Railway, but I hope there will be enough time to do that AND the dogsledding trip. Thanks!

Laurie

Laurie, all of our group booked through RCCL. I would think you would have time to do both. The couple that did it had: kayaking with White Pass combo in the morning, then had a two hour break before heading off to the glacier flightseeing/dogsledding combo. Most of the independent tours I saw advertised off the ship were about the same prices. You can get White Pass tickets separate from the ship for $89 ($9 less than cruise rate).

2DisneyCruzrs - The people who went on the Dogsledding--I guess the weather held out for them. I keep hearing that by the end of August, you can't dogsled. We are going August 21, 2005. I want to do the dogsledding, but I'm afraid we won't get a chance because of weather. What has the weather been like?

Laurie, I was on the Island Princess in mid-May and did both the dog-sledding and Whitepass RR in Skagway. I had an early morning dog-sledding trip and had time for a late breakfast/early lunch before boarding the train about 1:00 PM I think.

Both excursions were incredible. I wavered on the dogsledding because of the cost and because I was pretty nervous about the helicopter flight but I'm really glad I did it. I have a picture of me with the dogs that was taken with my digital camera as my wallpaper on my Windows desktop. When it's 95 degrees outside here, the picture of me in the snow seems somehow cooling!

Amy

Thanks, Amy! Your two concerns re the dog sledding are mine as well (I think I'm more nervous about the cost than the 'copter ;) ), but I know my son and I would love it, and a trip like this is all about making good memories! I work with a woman that just moved to CA from Alaska, and she also thinks the train is a wonderful idea. I'll make sure to book both excursions early to insure that we get the times that we want. Thank you again.

Laurie

Archived