Post cruise transportation?

We are sending our son and daughter-in-law on a cruise for their honeymoon. They are flying to FLL and will take the RCCL transfer to the Miami port. They have an extra day in Florida after the cruise and wanted to stay at a hotel in West Palm Beach.

They are not too keen on renting a car. Does anyone have a suggestion about how they could pull this off? Their return flight also leaves form FLL.

Thanks!

Hmm...aren't Miami and West Palm Beach about an hour from each other? The cost to take a cab would be more than the rental of a car. My thoughts keep going back to encouraging them to rent a car, especially if they need to drive from Miami to West Palm Beach, then to FLL to fly home. If $ isn't an issue then a cab would work.

HI, I do not know if these people go to West Palm Beach, But here is a link to the shuttle I booked to take us from FLL to miami before the cruise, and they will pick us up from pier when we get back to Fll. Click on the link, the man was very nice, and I paid 108 that includes tip for 7 people, so not to bad, so for 2 people it should be less.

Fort Lauderdale transportation port, FT. Lauderdale airport transportation por

My son is also getting married on Sept 1st, and going on a cruise with us in Oct, so good luck to your son and his future wife.

Helen:D

Hmm...aren't Miami and West Palm Beach about an hour from each other? The cost to take a cab would be more than the rental of a car. My thoughts keep going back to encouraging them to rent a car, especially if they need to drive from Miami to West Palm Beach, then to FLL to fly home. If $ isn't an issue then a cab would work.

That is what I was thinking too. Long cab ride. I would rent a car, but neither of them want to for some reason. They may just have to change their plans. Thanks for your input.

It may be cheaper just to look into changing the return flight to PBI (Palm Beach Intl)... however if they are staying outside of palm beach, (where the beaches actually are... Singer Island etc) it will still be a decent cab ride to the airport. Probably about 20 minutes.

Definately use a limo service VS a cab though. (Renting a car would still probably be cheaper... :o)

Archived