Misty Fijords Cruise & Flight- Ketchikan

superkdog

I am signed up to do the Misty Fijords Cruise & Flight thru Princess in Ketchikan. It is $319 per person...so quite expensive. Has anyone done this? What are your recommendations? Is there an independent who also does the cruise/floatplane that you would recommend?

thanks

Kathy

I booked it through Alaska Travel Adventures (alaskaadventures.com) and it was the same exact excursion that the cruise ships use for $284 incl. tax. We are sailing on the Coral Princess on July 2 and will be in Ketchikan on July 4, so I can let you know how it was when I get back.

We flew last week with Steve from SeaWind. It was $189. 90 minutes. Brilliant. I cannot give you a link but you can google them. I highly recommend his trip to Misty fjords. Our price was a special offer as we had tried to book a shorter flight which was unavailable but the normal price is $209 I think. Enjoy!

Cinnamon

We did the exact tour that SPEECHTCHR referred to and that is also the one some cruiselines book thru, so you will make it back to the ship on time. But by booking independently, you save the added charges. You start off on a catamaran ride to Misty Fjords that took over a couple of hours. It was a relaxing ride that became more beautiful the closer to the Fjords that we became. They serve juice, pop, salmon dip, crackers, and clam chowder. The narration was very informative. By doing the combo cruise/floatplane you get the best of both worlds by being up close to the waterfalls and wildlife and also get to see if from the sky. I wished there had been narration on the floatplane also. Just beautiful sites. My boys felt it was a little long and had friends that did the zipline, so that would have been more exciting for them. But my pics from this trip are incredible. I love waterfalls and they were abundant! Enjoy!

I paid $209 (booked in advance) for a float plane ride with Sea Wind aviation on June 16. We didn't get anywhere near the 90 minutes that cinnamon got. If I had the opportunity to do it again, I'd book with Michelle at Island Wings.

We went with Island Wings, $325 or $350, for almost 3 hours (weather permitting) and loved every single minute of it. They also have a shorter one that costs less (~$200?)

Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much--we booked the longer one with Island Wings as well. The shorter one was called Misty Fjords fight and the longer one said Misty Fjords and Glacier flight. Can't wait!

We board the ship in 46 days. :D

Jayne

ALoha Pier...... We are booked with Seawind in Sept..... Can you tell us why you were disappointed with their tour? According to their website the tour is a 2 hour ride with a stop on a glacier or lake? Headsets for everyone to listen to narritive? Is this true?

Aloha

mauitraveler

Hey there Mauitraveler,

Saw you in the posts looking for some of the same answers as me.:cool:

Just wanted to let you know....I'm doin Alaska in Sept. as well from Wailuku.:p

Hope you have a good trip!

Aloha

Archived