I am hooked on Flip Flops!!!

Okay, not so long ago, I hated wearing flip flops/thongs, but boy has time changed. I can't buy enough of them and they are soooo very easy to pack.

With so many colors and styles, they can be worn with just about anything, but I find myself wearing them a lot with pareos, capris and especially around the house. I told my Mom recently, "move over bedroom shoes, I were flip flops now".:)

I really like them now, and whenever I see a new style or pretty color and the price is right I buy them. I packed at least 6 pair on my last cruise, and I hardly ever wore regular shoes, except for when we left the ship for sightseeing. Packing them was a breeze.

However, I am still picky about how much I will spend on them. The most so far I have spent is $12.00. Some are ridiculously priced.

I need to stop buying them, I am already up to 10 pair:p :p

I'm wearing a pair right now. I have to agree. New this year- blue polka dots, pink with sequins, black with real shells on the straps, silver, and two different shades of blue. I love to pack different colors to go with each swimsuit. Besides they weigh nothing!

I love them for around them for around the house- you can slip them on a go!

I made the mistake of wearing flip flops to the beach and walking quite a bit on the boardwalk one night. I got awful bloody sore blisters between my toes so NO MORE for me, at least not a lot of acutal walking.

Maybe around the house. I think they look really cute for super casual, but I wouldn't wear them out to a restaurant.

I made the mistake of wearing flip flops to the beach and walking quite a bit on the boardwalk one night. I got awful bloody sore blisters between my toes so NO MORE for me, at least not a lot of acutal walking.

Maybe around the house. I think they look really cute for super casual, but I wouldn't wear them out to a restaurant.

Same here, I never wear them to restaurants and when I did where them on the cruise it was never in the dining room. I also made the mistake of wearing them on the boardwalk last weekend in Atlantic City, and that was a huge mistake!!!!!!!!!:( :( But they are perfect for leisurely walking!!

Count me in as a flip-flop lover! I have many pair.....:o If they're cute,comfy and the price is right, they're mine! LOL! Even my dh spots new different ones sometimes! I like to decorate the plain ones myself alot too, the foo-foo styles are alot of fun!

Well, I'm a SHOE ADDICT! My flip flop collection fills 2 laundry hampers and then some. I love them!! The havaianas are the best by far! I do have a special place in my heart for my reefs with the bottle opener attached to the bottom though. =)

I do have a special place in my heart for my reefs with the bottle opener attached to the bottom though.

Yep me too. Actually my reefs are my only truly comfortable pair of flip flops - and the only ones I will wear if I am going to be doing a lot of walking. But flip flops, for me, are only for casual wear. Never into a nice restaurant (okay...a restaurant down at the beach for lunch...yes). Generally I prefer something nicer on my feet...and the flipping noise can sometimes drive me a bit batty! :o

You'll love the Havianas website..www.havianas.com..Havianas are from Brazil and they are now in the USA. I bought a bunch when I was there two years ago, they were dirt cheap compared to here.

I loved the weight and the quality of the Havianas but when I bought a pair, they just could not compare comfort wise to my Rainbow flip flops so I gave them to my stepdaughter who was thrilled.

I understand Havianas are very big in LA.

They are huge in FL but we have tons of Brazilians there so probably equally as true in CA. I love the Havianas because they have so many funky styles and I love the website.

I loved the weight and the quality of the Havianas but when I bought a pair, they just could not compare comfort wise to my Rainbow flip flops so I gave them to my stepdaughter who was thrilled.

I understand Havianas are very big in LA.

Even though they were expensive, I love my Rainbows! I am definately a flip flop person and have at least 25 pairs, but ever since I got my Rainbow sandals they are almost the only ones I wear! I would never have bought them for myself but after having them I will buy them again in a heartbeat! They are so comfortable, they mold to your foot, and are extremely durable. I got mine almost 3 years ago and other than being broken in, they look new and have great foot support. After wearing mine, my mom and my brother bought some too. Sometimes I will opt to wear "dressy" flip flips or flat bottomed sandals out at night or with a dress/skirt. By the time I get home I am so glad to get out of them now - the extra foot support is really amazing.

My sister has the Rainbows and loves them too. I think it's just what works best for your foot. Everyone has their preference. I might try these Rainbows though--not that I need any more shoes...

LOL don't you know-- you can always use more shoes!!!!;)

AmberMarie- Thanks for the info. I think I will try them. Hopefully they have some support and they are of course waterproof so I won't have to worry about getting leather wet!

Flip flops are IN ladies!! I just returned from Europe and everyone is wearing flip flops. All kinds of flip flops. Fabric, leather, polka dot, beaded, sequined. I have seen them everywhere.

When did this happen?:eek: I have a few pairs myself but nothing to compare to what's out there.

Some are really really dressy and fancy! And cute too:p !

Flip flops are IN ladies!! I just returned from Europe and everyone is wearing flip flops. All kinds of flip flops. Fabric, leather, polka dot, beaded, sequined. I have seen them everywhere.

When did this happen?:eek: I have a few pairs myself but nothing to compare to what's out there.

Some are really really dressy and fancy! And cute too:p !

I don't know when it happened for everyone else, but I got the bug a few months ago when we were on the Majesty, and I have been hooked ever since. I hated them years ago. Everytime I see a nice pair at a reasonable price, i buy them:D

Flip flops I've bought this summer:

SIX pairs of the "beach" style Crocs (not really flip flops, but summer sandal)

ONE pair of the "capri" style Crocs

ONE pair of the adidas-style pool flip flops

FOUR pairs of Old Navy flip flops

ONE pair of Sketchers flip flops

And now I'm looking to buy a pair of the Reef flip flops, and another pair of the Crocs ones...

Here in CA, they are what we learned to walk in.:D I have so many I don't have room for all of them, I admit though if they are cute they are mine. I have to stay away from Macy's because they have some by Steve Madden that are calling out my name. But I have already bought too many and I am trying to be good, it won't last though. Some are dressy enough to dine out in or to eat in the dining room, not formal night though. But check their site out and you will see how dressy some of them are.

http://www.stevemadden.com/category.asp?id=229

Archived