Mariner food

kathy16

Good morning! Just thought I would give my experience on the Mariner..I did enjoy the food..however any type of "big Alaska" type dinner..we had that ashore. The food is exellent onboard though.:p

Hope this helps and have a wonderful time!

When we were on the Mariner in Alaska, we special ordered King Crab legs. There was no problem in requesting them, though I confess that they were better at the Alaskan Lodge in Talkeetna.

We did the "galley tour" on the Mariner in the end of May. The chef said on the Alaska cruise they bring very little aboard at ports during the cruise. So, though the fish can be delicious, it's not fresh out of Alaskan waters from what I understand.

We did the "galley tour" on the Mariner in the end of May. The chef said on the Alaska cruise they bring very little aboard at ports during the cruise. So, though the fish can be delicious, it's not fresh out of Alaskan waters from what I understand.

mecry.gif While I bypassed the Amazon fish on my Mariner cruise, I was hoping that they would pick up some New Zealand lobsters for my NZ/Oz cruise. :)

Well, he was only talking about the Alaska cruise. He definitely suggested that all cruises are different. I got the impression at least that there are some cruises where they do use local foods if possible.

Well- I am disappointed- seems as if it would be a wonderful opportunity to showcase some fresh Alaskan cuisine.

Since we aren't doing a land tour (except for 1 night in Vancouver), and we fly in late to Anchorage, any suggestions which of the ports may feature the best place to sample Alaskan specialties?

Hi Kathy16,

As I remember, the halibut and salmon on the ship was wonderful. I think I remember some kind of wild game on the menu last summer, but don't have them to refer to. My family loved the halibut, though.

All the food on the Mariner was fabulous. Beth

Archived