Prebooking car service

KAWS

I've asked this elsewhere but so far can't get a definite answer.

I've heard that in New York it's good to prebook your return trip from the pier to the airport. Fine by me but what I don't know is how do you know what time to ask the car service to be at the pier?

Going to the pier, I can just grab a taxi or car service because I'm sure there will be plenty. Car services that I've contacted all tell me to just get my luggage and go to ground transportation and request them. Easy enough.

I know what time the ship docks but that means nothing when it comes to actually being able to get off the ship. My flight isn't until the 1:30 or so which means time isn't a big factor but I don't know what to request from the car service dispatch.

Any ideas or help please?

First of all, it depends on what airport you are going to. A cab might be easier than car service if you are going to LGA if it's the New York pier.

If you use car service, just tell them which ship and pier, and approximate time, they figure it out. They might charge extra if they wait a long time which is why a cab might be easier and cheaper.

First of all, it depends on what airport you are going to. A cab might be easier than car service if you are going to LGA if it's the New York pier.

If you use car service, just tell them which ship and pier, and approximate time, they figure it out. They might charge extra if they wait a long time which is why a cab might be easier and cheaper.

I find most ask you to call when you are getting off and are there within a few minutes. Most have many cars in the area and its rarely a problem...

Going to JFK. I'll give a car service a call (again) and tell them my info and see what they say.

Thanks.

I find most ask you to call when you are getting off and are there within a few minutes. Most have many cars in the area and its rarely a problem...

I've used car service a million times (as recently as three weeks ago) and I can't believe I forgot this. Yeah, what Smeyer said.

• 1 month later...

Can you recommend a couple car services (Private)? Do you know if Tel Aviv has you call when you are ready as well?

Thanks.

Can you recommend a couple car services (Private)? Do you know if Tel Aviv has you call when you are ready as well?

Thanks.

Tel-Aviv is now Dial 7 and were fantastic when I used them a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, they all have you call when you arrive unless you want to pay for them to wait for you which is quite expensive.

Tel-Aviv is now Dial 7 and were fantastic when I used them a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, they all have you call when you arrive unless you want to pay for them to wait for you which is quite expensive.

Thanks BlueHerons....when you say they are Dial 7, that is their name now?

What is the cost of a cab from the pier to LGA? or is a car cheaper or should one just take the carnival bus to the airport?

Thanks.

Carnival leaves from Manhattan. A cab should run about $30.00 per cab to the Manhattan cruise terminal from the airport or vice versa. Taking a cab is easier(IMO) than connecting with a car service which will also be about the same and faster than the bus most of the time

Archived