Cabana Butler HMC?

MSammy

We did the butler package last Feb. while we were at HMC.

We really enjoyed the experience. I'd signed up for the cabana as soon as they became available, and once we were on the ship, I booked the butler.

The butler called the evening before to verify our pick up time. I think we'd put 9:00 on the form, but I believe you could go earlier). Our butler, Yadi, showed up at our cabin at 9:00 sharp.

We then went with him to the tender area (he'll carry your things, if you like), where we then boarded the tender. With the cabana, you get a priority tender ticket, which allows you to go straight to the tender area.

There's a little hut on the island that you check in with...and they send you toward the tram that will drop you off near your cabana. I think these trams are only for the ones who've rented a cabana (but I could be wrong).

When we got to the cabana, there was another butler there waiting for us. We had a guy from the Pinnacle Grill (can't remember his name) who assisted Yadi.

When we arrived in the cabana, there was a plate of fruit, salsa and chips waiting for us.

Your butler will run and fetch you anything you need. All drinks are included in your butler package, from water, to soda pop, to the drinks from the bar. We had one Pina Colada, and ordered another, but they had run out. We ended up doing a mango drink, and it was quite tasty.

We also had a bottle of champagne with our meal (part of the butler package).

The day we arrived on the ship, there was a drink order form in our cabin. This was for the cabana package only...and you are to select drinks. I think each person is allowed 2 soda selections, and 2 bottled waters. They also will ask at this time, what size shoes you wear...for the snorkeling equipment. You'll find the snorkeling gear and water mats waiting for you in the cabana (this will be there even if you don't get the butler)

So the next day, I found the info sheet on the butler package. With that, you choose the time you want to have your butler pick you up, and select from the following menu for your lunch.

Exotic Fruit Skewers

Mini Lobster Club Sandwich (this was wonderful, but I was stuffed after eating this)

Gazpacho

Choice of Brochette BBQ Jumbo Prawns (I had this and it was yummy), Brochette Citrus Chicken Breast, or 5oz. Cajun Sterling Filet Mognon

Choice of "Drunken Whale' Fresh Fruit in Myer's Rum, or Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Coulis (this was really quite tasty)

Someone here posted that even if there are only two people who are going to use the cabana, say there are four. You're paying for four, so you might as well get the pop and water for four. We knew we were going to invite someone to join us, so I put four on this list. And in fact, we did meet someone that I'd met here on CC and they did join us for the day in the cabana.

The reason I mention this about doing the cabana only, is some things changed once we added the butler package.

None of the drinks I ordered were in the refrig. They must just leave them there if you are in the cabana only. For us, if we wanted water or pop, or even drinks, one of the butlers went and fetched this for us.

So basically, the butlers will get whatever you need. HAL did have a BBQ for the butlers, so they took turns with us. Yadi, the one who met us at our cabin, stayed with us all day. The other guy, that was there when we arrived, took off around 1:30 or so.

We also thought about doing the glass bottom boat ride, and Yadi went to see if there were any places left..but there weren't. We also visited the shopping area around 2:00 (and Yadi held all our things while we shopped). There's not much there, but we got there at the end of the day and they were closing up shop, so if you want to shop, you might do it when you arrive, or right after you eat.

After shopping, we walked over to the long tender line and waited for our turn to get on the tender.

We loved having the butler package. There were people that thought the cabanas were there for everyone, and Yadi had to run people off. Even though there is a sign, people don't realize this, and we did get some dirty looks...but heck, all they had to do was reserve one for themselves.

We also had people coming up to use the shower, and the butler explained that we'd rented this for the day. Yadi also put four towels on the loungers in front of our cabana for us. It was nice having the butlers around because we just left all our things there when we went to the restroom or into the water.

I'd do the butler package again. We loved being pampered, but re-entry to the real world was VERY hard after our HAL cruise. But even if you don't do the butler package, you'll love the cabana.

We were in the turquoise cabana. The Zuiderdam was the only ship on the island that day, so it was not crowded at all. I hope my post isn't all over the place...it's a bit disjointed, but I hope I gave you the info you were looking for. :)

One other thing...we ended up tipping the "helper" before he left. Looking back, I would have given him a little less than we did. We ended up giving Yadi more because of what we gave the helper. Yadi spent the entire day with us and then carried our things back to our cabin at the end of the day. Yadi was really fun and we appreciated his help.

Are you allowed to board the tender with a "priority" pass if you have just reserved the cabana and NOT the butler?

Yes, you get a ticket in the envelope they leave in your cabin with the information about what is included with the cabana.

Are you allowed to board the tender with a "priority" pass if you have just reserved the cabana and NOT the butler?

The day we arrived we found the cabana info (in a bright pink envelope) which included the priority tender ticket. Also in this packet was a form that asked our beverage choices (fill in on the form that there will be four in the cabana even if there are only two, that way you can get more beverages), and shoe size...for the snorkeling gear. I believe they wanted this turned in by Monday evening (we visited HMC on Friday).

At this time we also found the info for the butler upgrade, which we ended up doing.

Without the butler package...you'd go to the tender. Then once on the island go to the little stand (it's on the left once you enter). They will give you the info about your cabana. Then you catch the tram. Once at your cabana you'll find your beverages, fruit plate, salsa and chips. The mats and snorkeling equipment will also be in the cabana. We didn't do the BBQ, but you can run and get that and bring it back to the cabana. I've read conflicting posts about cabana boys and having them around to run and get you drinks from the bar. Sometimes they seem to be around, other times they aren't.

If you have a butler, all of this will be handled by him.

twinkeltoes4445: Thanks so much for that great description. We are getting the butler package and are so ecxited!!!!

It was so much fun!! The water their is such a pretty color...and the sand, it's like cake flower. It's really paradise on earth. Have a great time! :)

Hey, MSammy!

I hadn't thought to look over here on the Private Islands Board - and thank you for asking this question. Twinkletoes information is fantastic, Thank You too!

So, which cabana did you end up with? We're in the Eggshell and are seriously considering that Butler Package. It's just the two of us, and I'd hate for our Butler to be bored most of the day - but the benefits for us sound too good to resist. This thread has pretty much convinced us!

Hey, MSammy!

I hadn't thought to look over here on the Private Islands Board - and thank you for asking this question. Twinkletoes information is fantastic, Thank You too!

So, which cabana did you end up with? We're in the Eggshell and are seriously considering that Butler Package. It's just the two of us, and I'd hate for our Butler to be bored most of the day - but the benefits for us sound too good to resist. This thread has pretty much convinced us!

If you could find another couple to share the cabana with.......

Hey, MSammy!

The butlers do keep busy. They are either running for your drinks, or your food, or just picking up and cleaning. After lunch, the one butler left and the other just "hung" out. We did have people who kept trying to use the shower and he mostly told people that we'd rented it for the day. I had wondered if they'd be bored with us, but they did both keep busy.

Archived