Men in Flip flops?

Tex Gal

Hey everyone - I'd like your opinion. What are your thoughts on men in flip flops? I just bought hubby a pair - and I think he can wear them other than on the cruise. What are your thoughts? They are brown crocs - and look like leather straps - but they are not. I think they are very nice but hubby hasn't worn a "sandal" before. Thoughts on men in flops?

My dh wears flip flops in appropriate situations, why not? He's groomed and it's simmer time. He doesn't wear them to dinner or anything like that tho. Around the ship, the pool, etc....I see no problem with them,. I do however hate to see anyone, male or female wear them who isn't groomed, then it looks nasty to me. You know the old wives tail" you can tell alot about a person by their feet", LOL! There's some truth to that I betcha!:cool:

Flip Flops are the in thing right now and I don't see any reason why he could not wear them.

Although I NEVER look at men or womens feet close enough to see if they have been groomed. I guess I can think of way to many other things to look at other than feet:D :rolleyes:

Flip Flops are the in thing right now and I don't see any reason why he could not wear them.

Although I NEVER look at men or womens feet close enough to see if they have been groomed. I guess I can think of way to many other things to look at other than feet

Sometimes you don't have to look, they are glaring out at you. I'm not talking problem feet, but the black with dirt heels, horribly cracked heels. Toenail polish that hasn't been changed in months and is chipped off. Otherwise, I wouldn't look or notice, either. Before anyone says anything about not being able to afford pedicures, it really doesn't cost much to soak your feet yourself at home, use a pumice on the heels, cut your toenails and perhaps a coat of polish. It doesn't take much effort, either.

I can't help but notice toes with French pedicures, either. Those always look (to me) like the person needs to search out a toenail clipper. Many women like them and at least they are (usually) clean. Or, toenails with designs, those look pretty sometimes. So, looking at peoples feet isn't always a negative.

OK, all that is off the OP's topic and we go through this every summer on this board ;)

My husband wears sandals all summer, except at work. He doesn't like a flip flop though, he wear a nice pair of leather slides. I think that men are perfectly fine wearing sandals, especially if their feet are clean and their toenails trimmed :)

WOW! you can get your guys to wear flip flops? what's the secret? I've been trying to get my fiancee to wear men's sandals and he refuses! :rolleyes: can you imagine if I suggested flip flops? oh boy!

I think men can wear flip flops around the pool area. :)

Hey everyone - I'd like your opinion. What are your thoughts on men in flip flops? I just bought hubby a pair - and I think he can wear them other than on the cruise. What are your thoughts? They are brown crocs - and look like leather straps - but they are not. I think they are very nice but hubby hasn't worn a "sandal" before. Thoughts on men in flops?

My husband wears flip flops as part of his daily uniform. Premium denim (Chip & Pepper looks so good on him!), a tee, and Rainbow flip flops. He has brown leather for every day and black leather for his dress ones (just kidding).

He is a restauranteur so he can wear whatever he wants and only puts on shoes if he is working in the front of the house.

He wears them all year long.

Actually, this flip flop thing is new... I just went and bought him a whole new wardrobe! Seriously!! He was still wearing clothes from 10 years ago - because he hasn't changed his size. Tapered leg jeans, t-shirts with everything, and WHITE tennis shoes. He is only 32! I called him a Paw-paw - but he seems to be very open to the change. I'm not sure if his toes are "right" for flops, because he has to keep his big toenail long due to the fact that they get ingrown. (had them removed but didn't work...) That may be TMI, but I want him to wear them anyway. He would not even consider getting a pedicure. I think he looks so cute in his new clothes - the biggest thing is the flops and not tucking his shirt in. Just wanted to see what everyone thought. Thanks for your replies! ~A

Just my opinion - I absolutely can't stand men in flip flops or sandals. The exception is if they are under the age of 30. Mens feet are GROSS! Thank God my husband only wears sneakers to the pool or beach. Just my opinion. I also agree with Happy ks about the french pedicure look - not good.

Just my opinion - I absolutely can't stand men in flip flops or sandals. The exception is if they are under the age of 30. Mens feet are GROSS! Thank God my husband only wears sneakers to the pool or beach. Just my opinion. I also agree with Happy ks about the french pedicure look - not good.

Maybe YOUR husband has gross feet but mine certainly doesn't. I know many men that wear flip flops and they seem to be able to grasp the concept of personal hygiene.

Really? Maybe in your part of the world. LOL! I think us out here in S.California were practically born with

them on our feet. :D

Nothing new here..........

I know my SD wears them with 12 inches of snow on the ground not me baby my tootsies need to stay warm and clean:D . A little off of the Op ? but here where I live we have a wonderful lawn that we keep watered and it is green and lush so I prefer to go barefooted in my neck of the woods:D . (In my yard only) Flip flops get in the way especially when your feet are wet and you are trying to walk.

But I still own at least 20 pairs, I have to have a color for every outfit!

Sometimes you don't have to look, they are glaring out at you. I'm not talking problem feet, but the black with dirt heels, horribly cracked heels. Toenail polish that hasn't been changed in months and is chipped off. Otherwise, I wouldn't look or notice, either. Before anyone says anything about not being able to afford pedicures, it really doesn't cost much to soak your feet yourself at home, use a pumice on the heels, cut your toenails and perhaps a coat of polish. It doesn't take much effort, either.

I can't help but notice toes with French pedicures, either. Those always look (to me) like the person needs to search out a toenail clipper. Many women like them and at least they are (usually) clean. Or, toenails with designs, those look pretty sometimes. So, looking at peoples feet isn't always a negative.

OK, all that is off the OP's topic and we go through this every summer on this board ;)

My husband wears sandals all summer, except at work. He doesn't like a flip flop though, he wear a nice pair of leather slides. I think that men are perfectly fine wearing sandals, especially if their feet are clean and their toenails trimmed :)

To be honest, I start at the face and work my way down:D and if they don't look good by the time I get to their knees:D then I'm off to bigger and better things! :eek:

Being a male I have no problem with other men wearing flip flops when they are in the two places that flip flops are appropriate. One a public shower area, as they guard against all manner of fungus infections. And secondly at the beach or around a pool. Other than that flip flops are in poor taste in my opinion.

I know my SD wears them with 12 inches of snow on the ground not me baby my tootsies need to stay warm and clean:D . A little off of the Op ? but here where I live we have a wonderful lawn that we keep watered and it is green and lush so I prefer to go barefooted in my neck of the woods:D . (In my yard only) Flip flops get in the way especially when your feet are wet and you are trying to walk.

I hear ya! I'm a barefoot girl myself....that's why I love flip flops you can just kick them off LOL!

Maybe it would be different if it snowed where I live....

Out here people wear them everywhere......

How about the guys who wear them with socks????????? I saw a lot of that in Chicago last weekend. Sorry guys, but you don't wear socks with flip flops, it just looks stupid. Then again, I saw a few guys wearing those rubber shower sandals, again with socks !!! I'm from the Midwest, but this is the first time I've ever seen younger guys (early 20's and not bad looking otherwise) wearing this and it just looks plain silly. Hey guys, spruce up those tootsies and take off the socks with sandals. To be honest, I find a lot of men have very nice looking feet, as opposed to women, who ruin their feet by wearing all those stupid high heels and pointy toe shoes, that really make our feet look bad.

You were in Chicago? you should have called we could have done lunch.

Anyway, guys are wearing crocs with socks also (BTW I HATE crocs, they remind me of a plastic version of clogs). Chicago fashion and other things always baffles me anyway...I'm originally from Massachussetts.

Okay, If a guy is going to wear flip flops or open toed sandals he should be able to take care of his feet. If not buy getting a professional pedicure, then by doing it himself.

I knew a guy that would wear flip flops and never took care of his feet, they were gross. He though pedicures were for girls. So , After looking at his scuzzy feet, I went out and bought him a belt sander roll, and gave it to him. I told him that if he won't go and get something done with his nasty feet then he should just sand them down himself. He actually was put off by my comment, however low and behold about 2 months later I saw him and just peering down, his nails needed a slight trim but his feet looked 100% better....

John and I ALWAYS get arrange for a pedicure when we board the ship. We don't necessarily do it on a regular schedule at home, but we don't wear flip flops either...beside we have a stack of paper for our belt sander in the basement:D

Manicured feet are just as important as Manicured hands. They can both either make an impression, or break one.

Dave:eek:

Gah!! :eek:

:::Shivering at the thought of all that sand and wet feet in sneakers!:::

WOW! you can get your guys to wear flip flops? what's the secret? I've been trying to get my fiancee to wear men's sandals and he refuses! :rolleyes: can you imagine if I suggested flip flops? oh boy!

http://www.reef.com/products/guys/footwear/sandals

Lots of them, including the "Fanning" ones have beer bottle openers in the bottom. The "Dram" sandal has a flask in the bottom. Can't get more manly than that. ;)

This was a good day for me to see this post. I just got back from shopping with my son and Mother. Tomorrow is my sons 16th b-day, he's a good sized kid - body wise he is already a man. Anyway, my Mom wanted to get him new shoes for his B-day and while we were out told him to get a pair of sandals or flip flops for our cruise. He didn't want any part of sandals or flip flops. I have told him, many times, about the group of young men, on my last cruise. They all wore flip flops and khaki shorts and t-shirts - but they all looked very nice, for a casual outfit. He doesn't care what they looked like, he was not getting sandals. My Mom and I tried to convince him that he is going to wish he had them for by the pool or at the beach - but he doesn't want to hear it. He tried on several very nice sandals, but he complained the whole time. So my Mom ended up getting him a clearance pair, since we're afraid he's not ever going to wear them. But to answer the OP, I don't have any problem with men in sandals. Luckily, I have never seen any (mens) feet that look horrible. But I do know what you mean about feet being unkept. Matter of fact I have seen a lot of women who shouldn't have been wearing flip flops. I think as long as the mans feet are clean and toenails cut that they look fine in sandals. My husband only wears them when we go swimming or to the beach. Honestly, I don't know why he doesn't wear them more often.:confused:

In Virginia Beach it works like this...

Flip Flops - Men\Women [Yes]

Beach - [Yes]

Casual Restaurant - [Yes]

At work on a casual; casual day - [Yes]

Any beach bar - [Yes]

Mall - [Yes]

To a friends house [Yes]

Sandals - Women [Yes]

Sandals - Men [i will talk to you but don't get any funny ideas]

Archived