Live from Enchantment

Hello fellow CCs! Just a quick post to let all the future EOS cruisers know whats going on on the ship...

a. new beds (at least in the JS) are D-I-V-I-N-E

b. same menu (exactly) as last summer in My Fair Lady

c. no comedian on board :(

d. port side hallway on deck 8 smells of mildew (no biggie, but don't book a room there if you are allergic to strong smells)

e. there is constant cell phone service onboard (good for emergencies!)

f. hopefully, this won't happen to you: 13 yr old kid wearing flip flops, sitting at the table next to us in the dining room had a bleeding foot from a freshly picked scab as I was cutting into my steak.

don't take this post the wrong way, we are having a WONNNNNDERFUL time and are ready to see whats new in Key West.

More later!!

So did you have to change anything with your cell phone company, like to international calling?

Yes, you have to call to activate International Calling or else is won't work. (At least with Verizon that's how it works) Just tell them you're going on a cruise and they can give you all the info you need to be able to make & receive calls. :)

Yes, you have to call to activate International Calling or else is won't work. (At least with Verizon that's how it works) Just tell them you're going on a cruise and they can give you all the info you need to be able to make & receive calls. :)

That is really cool, especially for emergencies. I assume it could get expensive though. :confused:

That is really cool, especially for emergencies. I assume it could get expensive though. :confused:

With Verizon, it's $2.49 a minute. Click here for the Enchantment charges on Verizon Wireless's own website:

http://mobileoptions.vzw.com/international/roaming/rates/Enchantment%20of%20the%20Seas.html

It came in handy for us on Enchantment because my DD who was back home staying with my mother got an ear and tonsil infection. :( So having the phone was a great help.

but now do you have phones constantly ringing and people talking all the time?

I can see emergencies, but could it be limited to rooms or specific areas?

I noticed only a few people on the phones, NOTHING like in normal everyday life. I mean, who wants to just chit-chat for $2.49 a minute? Not me! :p lol It was just people either checking on home, family, or businesses. It's short conversations, if at all. :)

Thanks so much for the info about cell phones. I'm travelling EOS in September & hadn't even thought about that. (Obviously, I'm a new cruiser!) I have Verizon, so I've bookmarked that website. Thanks!

Glad the cell phone rates are high--some people like to get away from other people's endless cell calls while on vacation! Nice for emergencies & to check in at home but other than that NO Thanks...

We can't wait to try Enchantment..Had a JS booked in Dec but had to cancel for a med emergency-- Wish they'd aso offer a longer itin- we had a nice 7 day trip on her before the changes!

Thanks so much for the info about cell phones. I'm travelling EOS in September & hadn't even thought about that. (Obviously, I'm a new cruiser!) I have Verizon, so I've bookmarked that website. Thanks!

You're welcome! :) Have a GREAT cruise!! Enchantment is beautiful! You can check out my pics of my Enchantment cruise last month here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559312583dJNhnR

Thanks for the pics, we just booked this ship right before lunch today. They only have oceanview left but thats fine with us. We were headed to Key West for the week but then decide at the last minute to switch to this cruise, still will get to see KW but for a shorter time but now we get to go back to Carlos & Charlies. woohoo

Hurry back with our boat, enjoy your cruise

I noticed only a few people on the phones, NOTHING like in normal everyday life. I mean, who wants to just chit-chat for $2.49 a minute? Not me! :p lol It was just people either checking on home, family, or businesses. It's short conversations, if at all. :)

Good to know. Thank you. I was hoping it wasn't just a bunch of "guess where I am now" stuff.

Good to know. Thank you. I was hoping it wasn't just a bunch of "guess where I am now" stuff.

I'm sorry, I can no longer answer any of your questions or have any further conversation with you. I just noticed your avatar. In response, I have to say this:

yankslogo.gifyankslogo.gifyankslogo.gif

:p :p

I'm sorry, I can no longer answer any of your questions or have any further conversation with you. I just noticed your avatar. In response, I have to say this:

yankslogo.gifyankslogo.gifyankslogo.gif

Hello??? Is this thing on??????? :D

Archived