Anchorage Airport wait

melodi1963

Can anyone from a Northbound cruise tell me how long the security lines are around 7:00 pm. I have a 8:30 pm flight and want to know if that will be enough time to make it.

Thanks,

Unfortunately there is no definitive answer to this as the lines vary from day to day, from hour to hour. There are so many factors. One is how many cruise ships are coming into nearby ports that day. Generally they say to allow 2 hours from check in to when your plane departs. If you are elite or medallion and can avoid some of the lines, certainly you would need less time. If 7pm is the absolute only option for you for an 8.30pm flight, so be it. Personally I think you are cutting it close. Have a Plan B ready - know what other flights are available on your airline or their partners later that evening in case you miss the flight and hope for mercy.

I too suggest a 2 hour window. There is no way to predict but most of the times I have gone through, it is always slower then most other airports. People are in line with moose antlers, hundreds of pounds of fish to ship, coolers of meat, etc. plus all the unloaded cruise passengers since a great many leave the same day on over night flights.

Archived