Celebrity Suite Clothesline

zelker

We stayed in a CS last SEP/OCT and no matter how hard we searched, we couldn't find a clothesline. We gave up eventually without asking our (wonderful) butler, Arlis. It stands to reason that there is one, but as to where??? Good luck!

Enjoy the CS though, we LOVED it!

CatServants, you may be right. I can't find one on the photos that I took of the Infinity bathroom. I know that there wasn't one in the RS on the Connie, and I am not sure that there was one in our CS on the Summit.

But then, I didn't need one so I didn't really look for it. If there is one, it would be the round chrome fixture that the cord pulls out of on the shower wall.

BTW, we have four cats that we wait on as well!!!!

Susan

I don't understand the question, I thought there were only Century Suites on the Century, not on the M class ships. The Century Suites on Century do have a clothes line in the shower.

The question was regarding a Celebrity Suite on an M CLASS SHIP. I think you'll find reteractable clothes line in any bathroom on all X ships.

CatServants, you may be right. I can't find one on the photos that I took of the Infinity bathroom. I know that there wasn't one in the RS on the Connie, and I am not sure that there was one in our CS on the Summit.

But then, I didn't need one so I didn't really look for it. If there is one, it would be the round chrome fixture that the cord pulls out of on the shower wall.

BTW, we have four cats that we wait on as well!!!!

Susan

nu2sea - WHAT?:eek: There aren't any in the RS's? Uh oh. We didn't mind not having one in our CS because it was Alaska. But... We're booked for the Carib on the Millie in April of 08. So much for dry bathing suits!:p

And...4 cats? I hope yours are better behaved than mine. Our little prince (and by "little" I don't mean small, he's 22 1/2 lbs!) is sitting on my lap helping me type. Hmmm. Good excuse for typos.;)

I had a pair of white, hand wash only slacks that I rinsed out in the RS and could find no clothesline to dry them on. But then, I had to have our Butler come in to show me how to run the bathtub.:o

And our cats are perfectly well behaved as long as we do exactly what they want. After all, they are cats...

Susan

Only 2 cats here - but wth 2 dogs, we, too, are "owned" by our 4-legged furbabies.... wouldn't have it any other wayl! :D

Doing a 2 week Baltic in September and I always have something that I'd rather wash by hand than send to the laundry. Have never used X's laundry but HAL sure does a nice job - love how everything came back folded in tissue paper inside a wicker backet (except for hanging things, of course). Our undies never had such royal treatment!! ;)

Only 2 cats here - but wth 2 dogs, we, too, are "owned" by our 4-legged furbabies.... wouldn't have it any other wayl! :D

Doing a 2 week Baltic in September and I always have something that I'd rather wash by hand than send to the laundry. Have never used X's laundry but HAL sure does a nice job - love how everything came back folded in tissue paper inside a wicker backet (except for hanging things, of course). Our undies never had such royal treatment!! ;)

This thread has gone to the cats AND dogs!!!:D

2 cats here as well!

Celebrity laundry service is excellent!!! A tip---the last couple of days they have a special for "all you can stuff into the bag". I want to say $25 but don't hold me to it, I forget!!!! We use the laundry all the time!!:D

I finally found a picture of the shower in the Celebrity Suite, and it brought back memories of the most puzzling feature of the CS. Not the window over the bathtub; that I understand. You can look out at the ocean while using the jacuzzi. But the mirrors on both sides of the shower are a little strange.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1044705896036508434EjzNkS

In addition to just being unusual, they mean no clothesline.

We have had really good laundry service on X, and Lynn is right, they do a bag of laundry at the end of the cruise for $25 or $29. By the end of the cruise tho' I could never justify paying that much money when I know I could do the same load at home in a couple of days for free.

And they are just going to get covered with cat hair anyway....

Susan

By the end of the cruise tho' I could never justify paying that much money when I know I could do the same load at home in a couple of days for free.

And they are just going to get covered with cat hair anyway....

Susan

Oh, Susan! Don't I know it. In fact, our clothes arrive on board that way too :eek: -- it's just their little way of telling us not to forget them while we're away! I swear one day we're going to open a suitcase and one of them is going to jump out.

Thanks for the tub info and link. Guess I'll pack my little clothes line and see if I can find somewhere to use it. I of course had to look at all your photos! Hope our suite on Connie is as pretty as yours was. Can't wait!!!!

Since you're an experienced CS traveler, I have another question for you. Do you remember where there are outlets (especially near the bed so I can plug in my heating pad after a full day of touring for my pour aching back)?

Barb

Nope. No sign of a clothesline in our Celebrity Suite pictures either. Does that make it official? Or does it just mean no clotheslines in CS-6106 on the Summit?

So, to the OP, imho there are no clotheslines in Celebrity Suites...but I would book one again in a heartbeat! Actually, I don't mind going home with dirty clothes, but there are some things I would like to wash/dry/re-use, particularly on our next cruise, which should be warm and "beachy". However it will be my first time in a Royal so I'll probably be so thrilled I won't care. It wouldn't be the first time I draped & dried on the shower head!

Besides, the biggest problem I have with clothes isn't drying them. As we "servants" know... No outfit is complete without cat (dog/parrot/iguana/goldfish) fur (feathers/scales)!!!

Thank you Duck/duct tape for saving many an outfit!:D

Oh believe me! Not having a clothesline will not make or break our cruise..... nor would it ever in a million years keep me from booking a suite! :) I too have been creative over the years with draping and hanging from various things (lamps, backs of chairs, picture frames, whatever I can hook a hanger on to). We always travel with one of those wonderful inventions - the lint roller - just because we have little furry mementos that tag along, especially on the dark dress clothes. Sounds like you have quite the menagerie. We just lost our Beta fish ("Sushi"), but he was good about not shedding scales on us. We also lost our beloved greyhound ("Slim") a few weeks ago and you would not believe how much those shorthair dogs can shed. I also have a grey mare but she lives at a boarding stable so we don't get too much of her hair here although a bit does come home on whatever I've worn to the barn so it wouldn't surprise me if we see some of her when we unpack on the Connie in September.

door in X's suites? I use that a great deal to steam wrinkles out with the shower etc.

Zelker - sorry to hear about your greyhound Slim.

We lost one of ours about 3 yrs ago - still miss her. We still have two - our old guy is turned 14 in April. I fear the day we loose him as he's my baby. Aren't they the best pet's!

Yes, Hugger, there are three hooks on the door of the CS, so you can hang clothes there to steam them. I have used the towel bar for the same reason. But mostly I just send them to the laundry.

(BTW, a good way to avoid the dreaded fish scales is to teach them not to climb up onto your shoulders.)

Barb, I didn't actually take those photos, someone else did and they were included on this page of cabin picture links: http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

My photos of our Celebrity Suite 6104 on the Infinity are at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/381704193joXHwa/0

Susan

Susan - thanks for the link to YOUR pictures. By the way, I snuck a peak at your cats (love the names Tinker and Tonka!!)..... but do tell about those amazing cat walks you've got going on!! WOW!!

Hugger - thanks for the thoughts about Slim. He was our second grey (we had our first girl for 6 1/2 wonderful years and lost her at 10 1/2). Slim had been in 2 homes prior to coming to us and we only got to have him for 2 1/2 yrs (he died at 8, totally unexpectedly of cancer). To this day we cannot figure out why he was bounced (other than the previous owners were idiots!). He was the BEST dog - made us laugh and happy every day. His nickname was "Clown Prince Goofer Nut", which says it all! :) They are the most amazing dogs and we will undoubtedly adopt another one after we get back from our cruise.

So no one has still to answer the electrical outlet question for me.

Barb

Archived