Dine Ashore in Bermuda???

mrtractor

Can anyone tell me if NCL is still doing it's 'Dine Ashore' program in Bermuda? We had such a nice dinner at the Carriage House in St. Georges with fellow CCers on our last trip to Bermuda. (Was that really just a year ago!)

And is it still OK to wear Bermuda shorts to the formal dining room on Bermuda runs? Don't make me show you the pictures!!!:eek: !!!!

Thanks in advance!

MrTractor<-------is doing everything possible to resist another Bermuda cruise this year. But he's not sure it's working!!!!....:( ..........

Yes, the Dine Ashore program is BACK!:D The one report of diners at the Carriage House reported that there is a separate menu for the Dine Ashore, but it was excellent, nonetheless. I am planning to visit the Carriage House the week of July 8th, so I will report back the differences from last year, if any.

Can anyone tell me if NCL is still doing it's 'Dine Ashore' program in Bermuda? We had such a nice dinner at the Carriage House in St. Georges with fellow CCers on our last trip to Bermuda. (Was that really just a year ago!)

And is it still OK to wear Bermuda shorts to the formal dining room on Bermuda runs? Don't make me show you the pictures!!!:eek: !!!!

Thanks in advance!

MrTractor<-------is doing everything possible to resist another Bermuda cruise this year. But he's not sure it's working!!!!....:( ..........

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS

.......out of NYC. They only stop there for the day. Anybody know if they have a "Dine Ashore" program for that one day for lunch?

Thanks, Got2Cruise. Check it out and let us know!

MrTractor<--------could combine a day in Bermuda with a Caribbean vacation and FOUR SEA DAYS!!! Whoooooohooooooo!!!!!........

Dine a shore program: Vouchers will be delivered to your cabin, along with info explaining the program, and a booklet of participating restaurants. The vouchers are good for lunch at a participating restaurant - you are charged $5.00 for the lunch vouchers, which entitles you to a lunch value up to $25.00. You can also swap them out for a dinner voucher that costs you $10, but is for a dinner up to $50.00. The restaurant selection is significantly less than it was 2 years ago, but it is a nice way to experience something unique to Bermuda.

We had lunch at Bermuda Bistro on Front Street in Hamilton on June 20th - the food was excellent, the servings were HUGE (by our standards). The whole meal came to $88.00, which included soft drinks, taxes and gratuities, but we only paid $20.00 for the vouchers.

You are charged for the vouchers on the ship. NOTE: if you do not use them, BE SURE TO turn them in, otherwise they will charge you for them.

...........very sad.......:( .......

Thanks anyway, welove2cruise2.....

MrTractor<--------won't rule out the Spirit just because of this................

You could always sail on the Crown -- there's nothing like spending four days in BDA!! When were you thinking of going? If you decide on 7/22 we'll meet you in St. George's at the White Horse for a drink!!!

.....what you ask for, welove2cruise2!

We sailed the Crown last May out of Philly. Wonderful ship and great crew. Is this your first time on her? I'm thinking it will be in August if we go at all, but if the right last minute deal comes along, you just never know!!!

MrTractor<------much prefers the Crown to go to Bermuda because it can dock in St. George and Hamilton instead of all the way over at the Royal Dockyard...........

We sailed the Crown last May out of Philly. Wonderful ship and great crew. Is this your first time on her? I'm thinking it will be in August if we go at all, but if the right last minute deal comes along, you just never know!!!

MrTractor<------much prefers the Crown to go to Bermuda because it can dock in St. George and Hamilton instead of all the way over at the Royal Dockyard...........

Hey, we're up for a challenge! It would be fun!

This is our 8th cruise to BDA on the Majesty! Haven't sailed on the Crown, and since she's leaving, probably never will... Last September we sailed on the Majesty to BDA (during Hurricane Ernesto :eek: ) and met friends sailing on the Crown. Unfortunately we arrived a day late (I believe they did as well) so they were in Hamilton and we were in St. George's. They grabbed a ride with friends on the island and met us at the Carriage House for drinks. the next day we hopped the ferry to the Dockyard and spent the afternoon at the Frog & Onion (or was it the Hogpenny...:cool: ).

Hey, we're up for a challenge! It would be fun!

This is our 8th cruise to BDA on the Majesty! Haven't sailed on the Crown, and since she's leaving, probably never will... Last September we sailed on the Majesty to BDA (during Hurricane Ernesto :eek: ) and met friends sailing on the Crown. Unfortunately we arrived a day late (I believe they did as well) so they were in Hamilton and we were in St. George's. They grabbed a ride with friends on the island and met us at the Carriage House for drinks. the next day we hopped the ferry to the Dockyard and spent the afternoon at the Frog & Onion (or was it the Hogpenny...:cool: ).

:confused: ???? :confused:

Do you always talk about yourself in the 3rd person???? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

The short answer is.........YES!

That is, when referring to "MrTractor." MrTractor IS someone else. It's a screen name for an alternative reality. (An alternative cruise reality that some if not most folks on this board prefer to live in and which some have trouble distinguishing from reality).

There is no such person as "MrTractor," just like there is probably not anyone named FundyGirl. My name is Jerry and I live in Virginia with my wife and my two kids. I'm just having a little fun with the MrTractor thing. Is that a bad thing?

Thanks Motty for the link. I'm still not clear on whether they offer this for the one day stops in Bermuda like on the Spirit or the Dawn. Maybe for lunch?

MrTractor<---------doesn't take himself that seriously.........

The special menu at the Carriage House did not include many of the things we ordered last year. No mussels and no Bermuda Triangle entree. We ordered the prime rib, it was delicious, but expensive. I still recommend going to the CH but you have to be careful and not extravagant if you wish to stay within your $50 limit. I am always extravagant while on vacation. LOL. It makes one appreciate the value of the Crown to Bermuda even more. I couldn't imagine spending that much every night in a restaurant for a lovely dinner. Not to mention breakfast and lunch. Enjoy.

The Dine Ashore Program really is Great!? We loved trying a local restaurant. Even thought we usually left a fair amount over our $50 on the table, it was still a money saver.

But I'm just not clear if it is available on the one day Bermuda stops!

The Dine Ashore Program really is Great!? We loved trying a local restaurant. Even thought we usually left a fair amount over our $50 on the table, it was still a money saver.

Sorry, Mr. T -- dining ashore is only available on the Crown and the Majesty -- but I know you'll have a great time on the Spirit anyway! She's a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew! Tell Hugo that Peggy & Joe say hello!

Peggy <-- doesn't have a problem how Mr. T talks about himself...

Only the Crown and the Majesty for this year. Who knows what next year will bring.

......(that's MrTractor in tears over having to pay full price for a meal!)

Afraid you're right, PE.

THEN I JUST WON'T GET OFF THE BOAT!

OK, maybe I'm not THAT upset. We still like Bermuda!

And who said I was going on the Spirit, WeLove2Cruise2. It's a secret! Heiehriehieeeheheeisisssheeeee.....

MrTractor<-------thinks Jerry is crazier than he is.......:D .......

Archived