Waitllisted

Solara

We are trying to go on a Caribbean cruise at the last minute. All categories are waitlisted. Does that mean we wouldn't get on the ship if nothing opens up or will we just not know where we are????? Never done anything like this before as I like to know where I am

If you are waitlisted and did not book a 'gurantee' that is exactly what it means. If something doesn't open up and other passengers don't cancel on a sold out sailing, you won't be going on a cruise. Sorry! Do you know what number you are on the waitlist? What date is the sailing you wish to go on?

We are trying to go on a Caribbean cruise at the last minute. All categories are waitlisted. Does that mean we wouldn't get on the ship if nothing opens up or will we just not know where we are????? Never done anything like this before as I like to know where I am

Sadly, not to dissapoint, I think you are likely out of luck (although nothing is impossible). Waitlisted means the ship is sold out and they are only taking waitlists at this time. Some of the Caribbean sailings are so full (due to overbooking) that Princess is calling passengers offering them incentives to switch to a different sailing/date.

Wishing you the best of luck! :)

The July 22 CB cruise your are looking at I'm guessing is for the 7 day version and yes, it shows as all sold out. But that cruise is part of a bigger 14 day cruise. The 14 day version shows availability.

We waitlisted for a May sailing which was also a part of a 14 day offering. In that case both the 7 and 14 day were shown as waitlisted. We were number 1 in a few categories but never made it. The booking you made on a waitlist automatically cancels end of business day (Friday for a Sunday sailing). If you really want to sail that week you might want to look at other lines. BUT...since the 14 day is showing availability you may have a better chance!Good Luck

I guess anything is possible, but here is my recent experience waitlisted on the Regal Princess 7/2/07 sailing. Princess contacted me to see if I wanted to go on their waitlist-6 weeks ago! I was #4. With lots of questions and hesitation, they talked me into it, saying I had a "high chance" of getting on being #4. They gladly took my $600 deposit.

I have been calling a lot, especially this past week and was still told the same thing-" I am in a good spot! " My princess cruise consultant was off yesterday, Saturday, so I called Princess with my "booking #" and they told me they cancelled waitlisted positions and refunded my $.

I really think a courtesy phone call would have been a nice touch. And yes, I was told, it was an "overbooked" sailing. They did not KNOW this 6 weeks ago.......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just my 2 cents and I of course, wish you have much better luck than my family did. My suggestion would be to book a confirmed cabin-much less stress and at least you know you are sailing....

Thanks for your experiences. I'm going to pass since we have to get airfare and I can't do that at the last minute. O-well. Other lines are not an option for our dates, I already checked.

Last night when I checked at princess.com I checked the 7 days sailing of the Caribbean princess for July 22. That is where I saw those categories listed and staterooms available. Hummmmmmmmm, maybe they were gone by the time you saw my post, but they were there last night.

One thing about waitlists we have found in the past is that Princess doesn't always pay attention to them. I have had to watch for myself for a cabin to open up as even though we were waitlisted, we were never contacted by Princess to alert us to the fact.

Edited: Just did a re-check and the cabins that were available last night are now all sold out and waitlisted.

I was on a waitlist for the Crown 8/10/07. I went on the waitlist in Oct 06. At the time it was a good price for the sailing, they took my deposit to waitlist. As time went on I kept checking with Princess, and was moving up on the waitlist (started at # 17 went to #6) but the price kept increasing. I finally gave up after the final payment was due in May 07, since it was a rare chance I would get a cabin after final payment . I was told that the price you pay is not the price it was when you waitlisted , but the price at the time you get your cabin.

Archived