Children Onboard Azamara

celebrityfan65

We were sitting in first class, which we paid for. There was a 2 year old child also in first class. We had one of those flights where we sat on the tarmack for 30 minutes. The 2 year old screamed the entire 30 minutes. Everyone complained. We were told the airline could do nothing because the 2 year had paid the same amount as us to be on the flight. Did I enjoy it? No. Did I think the parents should have sat in Coach? yes. What would I have said if I was in Coach? I really felt sorry for those parents.

I'm betting the parents wished they were sitting in Coach, too, with the baby still sitting in the First Class section!! :D Believe me, they were more stressed out about their screaming baby than you were.

You were lucky you only had to sit on the tarmac 30 minutes. My husband sat on the Tarmac in Vancouver once for over EIGHT hours. Luckily he was in first class and no screaming baby, though.

I'm curious though, what WOULD you have said if you were in Coach?

Any One Travel With A Toddler Recently? I Would Love To Hear About Your Experience.

We Booked The Nj>>miami At The End Of The Month While It Was Still A Celebrity Cruise. He's Loved The Other Cruises He's Been On (esp The Celebrity Where He Was Only One Of Two <3yo's) So If You Have Only Complaints And No Useful Advise- Please Don't Share. I Already Understand How Too Many/unbehaved/ Inconsiderate Adults Or Kids Can Be Difficult On A Vacation.

Any One Travel With A Toddler Recently? I Would Love To Hear About Your Experience.

We Booked The Nj>>miami At The End Of The Month While It Was Still A Celebrity Cruise. He's Loved The Other Cruises He's Been On (esp The Celebrity Where He Was Only One Of Two <3yo's) So If You Have Only Complaints And No Useful Advise- Please Don't Share. I Already Understand How Too Many/unbehaved/ Inconsiderate Adults Or Kids Can Be Difficult On A Vacation.

I was on the Journey for the Sept. 29th cruise and there were some children and babies. I think that the people on our cruise seemed to enjoy them. Seems like lots of people knew their names and thought they were really cute and went out of their way to engage them. They got lots of good attention, in my opinion. If he's already trained I'm sure he will enjoy the pool. We had our grandson on the Zenith last year and he was a big hit with the crew too. I'm sure your son will make lots of people smile. Try not to worry about the few people who are not tolerent of children since there is no way to change them. Their loss. Think about it they won't get to smile as much as those who love children. BTY, the crew went out of their way to be friendly to the little ones as well and include them in activites. I'm sure your son will find a friend too. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

nancy

I agree that the speciality restaurants on ships should have an age limit. There are many places to eat and like others have suggested then you could arrange to have a baby sitter. If you are not happy with strangers then as you have said yourself you have adults in your party who could look after him. I suggest your MIL and this would allow the grown up children of your husband to dine with you.

Sue

Is the T-Pool area on Azamara part of the spa, to which age limits apply?

I know it is that way on Celebrity, kids are not allowed in the solarium area, not just the pool. It is a calm, quiet area for relaxation. I have seen staff ask people to leave if they come in there with kids of any age under 16. If I was using the TPool and someone arrived with an inflatable pool and a squealing/squalling baby to "play" I would immediately address the issue with the staff. No offense to the OP, but you really need to consider others affected by your child. Maybe the inflatable pool on your balcony would be fun.

With all the family and kid-friendly ships out there going to the Caribbean, if I was traveling with a 1 year old I would not consider Azamara. I would consider Valium:D :D --just joking!!

Saw lots of toddlers on our 09/15/07 cruise. It was the school age kids that

were missing. People seemed to enjoy the toddlers, who seemed to have all been good through out this cruise.

Carol

Archived