When to purchase?

NascarJDS

Hi everyone, I am planning on taking a cruise with my wife in November 2008, it will be our first cruise. After looking at our options I am about 99% sure we will be taking a Western Caribbean cruise leaving from New Orleans on The NCL Spirit. My question is will I get the best price buying now or should I wait. I have heard Cruise line give good deals in Jan. and Feb. Also are the prices on the website pretty much what you will get from a travel agent? Thanks

When you find a price you are comfortable with, you should book it. If the price drops, you can always get a price reduction later on. But if you hold off on booking, you may not always be able to get the cabin selection that you want.

I agree with hockeymom. I think once you find the price and itinerary you are comfortable with go ahead and book the cruise so that you can get the cabin location you want. In general, the cheapest and most expensive categories of cabins go first along with those that are in the prime locations on the ship.

Keith

To add to the above two posters.... I depends on how bad you want to go on that trip at that particular time on that ship. If you are flexible and miss the Nov date, can you still go in Jan or Feb. If your time off is not flexible.... then you should consider locking it in.

Another factor is where are you coming from to meet the ship. Last minute airfares can easily eat up any savings you got for waiting until the last minute.

Remember, “Supply and Demand”.

The only time prices for anything drops are because there is more product than consumer. For a fact, our last four cruises have been sold out and I just didn’t pay attention before that.

So as you wait months for prices to drop, one by one the better cabins are booked. Despite what some may say, there are some down right horrible cabins at the bottom of the list. And cruises have been known to sell out over a year in advance.

Archived