Book Future Cruise Aboard Ship?

Bobby Jones

I've read there are advantages of booking a future cruise while aboard ship, but was wondering how it works. Is it really advantageous? How far ahead can you book? I sail in two months aboard the Diamond and would love to schedule another cruise right away for 2005.

Slam dunk. It is good for 4 years, no ship or date needs to be picked at the time. Costs you $100 and gets you anywhere from $50 from $300 in OBC. You can book a 16 day cruise for $100pp instead of hundreds.

yes, be sure and go for it. We booked two open while on Star. We used one of the open to book Sapphire and still have one open booking. Due to some circumstances we booked two future Celebrity cruises, we did NOT make any future booking arangments while on Mercury last March.

The point: rather than having $400.00 tied up in deposits we have $1800.00.

You can't lose so be sure to go for it.

Onboard bookings work very well. We used one for a cabin for cour son and his family & when they had to cancel (before final payment) the $200 deposit got transferred easily to our booking. ONLY disadvantage I've had is that the final payment is going to be HUGE because of the smaller deposit.

Okay, I know everyone's been pro booking onboard, but I've got an opposing viewpoint to share...

We've always checked onboard for the price of a future cruise we're interested in, and have NEVER, not ONCE found their price or incentives to be a better deal than we've found on the net. I can tell you I have saved THOUSANDS by NOT booking during a cruise.

So, here's my recommendation...if you like to research for the best deal, do your homework ahead of time, and then talk to them while on your cruise. That way, you'll at least have the knowledge of whether or not their quoted price is actually a good deal or not, and you can book accordingly.

Just something to think about...

Tigre

We've always checked onboard for the price of a future cruise we're interested in, and have NEVER, not ONCE found their price or incentives to be a better deal than we've found on the net. I can tell you I have saved THOUSANDS by NOT booking during a cruise....Just something to think about...Tigre
Saving money on the price of a future cruise is not the object and the price they quote has nothing to do with the price you will pay. The object is to only have to pay a deposit of only $100 no matter how long a cruise it is and to receive the shipboard credits.

If it is a future open booking there is not a price quoted. You pay the $100 and that deposit will be converted to a cruise you select at a later date and that can be made through any TA, on-line, or directly with Princess. You will then get the shipboard credit, pay no additonal deposit, and receive any additonal incentives offered.

If you book for a particular cruise and are quoted a price that will be the price of the cruise until you transfer it to where ever you want at the best price you can obtain. You get the shipboard credit, pay no additonal deposit, and receive any additonal incentives offered.

If you know the TA, net, etc. you want to use they will assigned the booking to them at that time. If you want to shop for the best prices just keep the booking with Princess and then have it transferred when you decide who will save you THOUSANDS.

This is just something for you to think about... :)

Okay, I know everyone's been pro booking onboard, but I've got an opposing viewpoint to share...

We've always checked onboard for the price of a future cruise we're interested in, and have NEVER, not ONCE found their price or incentives to be a better deal than we've found on the net. I can tell you I have saved THOUSANDS by NOT booking during a cruise.

So, here's my recommendation...if you like to research for the best deal, do your homework ahead of time, and then talk to them while on your cruise. That way, you'll at least have the knowledge of whether or not their quoted price is actually a good deal or not, and you can book accordingly.

Just something to think about...

Tigre

My feeling is that this poster hasn't done this on Princess, when I was sailing RCI or Celebrity that would be much closer to the case... as to saving thousands... that is a strong statement. Even booking a PS or OS best way versus worst way seldom adds up to that.

Archived