Amsterdam Transfers

We return to Amsterdam on September 3rd, and want an early transfer to the airport. Celebrity is usually too expensive, and they may not let us go as early as we need to. I'll appreciate any information on this.

We are sailing B2B on the CENTURY, August 14th, and August 26th,, and would love to hear from fellow passengers. Thanks...Bill

We return to Amsterdam on September 3rd, and want an early transfer to the airport. Celebrity is usually too expensive, and they may not let us go as early as we need to. I'll appreciate any information on this.

We are sailing B2B on the CENTURY, August 14th, and August 26th,, and would love to hear from fellow passengers. Thanks...Bill

You will find plenty of cabs at cruiseterminal. However the sad news I recently heard is, they overcharge....Normal should be Eur. 35.- /40,-, but apparently they charge Eur. 55.--..

I have sent a complaint about this to the cruise-terminal management and to the cabfirm, but of course they never replied.

Your other option is to make an advance reservation through this link for a certain time of day, to be picked up to go to Schiphol airport. According their website they charge Eur. 37.-

Fill out you want to leave from Amsterdam IJburg, ZIPcode:1019.

http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/site/eng-index.php

Otherwise your best option is train from Centraal Station, but trains will be full due rush hour.

We will be doing B2B on Century-Sept 13 (Ams to Barcelona) and Sept 21 (Med cruise). When you return, will you please do a review and say what they had you do on "turn around" day? We want to get off the ship and enjoy Barcelona, but are curious as to how much time we will have ashore. Thanks.

What do we put down for place of departure. I've not heard from the two I wrote to.

I'm concened...... I called KLM and we have to be at the airport 2 hrs before our flight to Munich that leaves at noon. I don't think we will get off the cruiseship till 8 at the earliest. I think I've got a BIG problem.

Marge

Try this one:

http://www.schipholservice.biz/indexeng.html

I think I gave the wrong link...sorry.

What do we put down for place of departure. I've not heard from the two I wrote to.

I'm concened...... I called KLM and we have to be at the airport 2 hrs before our flight to Munich that leaves at noon. I don't think we will get off the cruiseship till 8 at the earliest. I think I've got a BIG problem.

Marge

The correct address is:

PTA,

Piet Heinkade 27

1019 BR Amsterdam.

Driving time to the airport is about 30 minutes, so if you put in 8.30 or 9.00 you will be fine

• 3 weeks later...
We will be doing B2B on Century-Sept 13 (Ams to Barcelona) and Sept 21 (Med cruise). When you return, will you please do a review and say what they had you do on "turn around" day? We want to get off the ship and enjoy Barcelona, but are curious as to how much time we will have ashore. Thanks.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I don't seem to do well on this site. Usually the ship gets in early, and sails in the late afternoon, so you can have a nice day in port. In Barcelona the cruise port is right at the foot on the Ramblas, and has easy access to the great subway system. A perfect combination for freelancing. The Ramblas is famous for shops, bars, restaurants, and street vendors, and you can get to the palace and other sites easily.

Which ports do you visit in the Med? If you need them, I can recommend great tour guides for you, and friends. My pleasure, you get as good as you give.

It's easier for me, and quicker, if you make direct contact at: billrau@aol.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Archived