Vigo Zoo?

In August we'll be visiting Vigo on the Navigator with our 8 year old daughter and are hoping to find something entertaining to do. Well, OK, at least something that's not completely and utterly boring for children. Does anyone know whether Vigo Zoo would be worth a visit. If so, I was wondering if it's easily reached by public transport. I think it's about 10km from the centre of Vigo.

Any other excursion suggestions would be most welcome too!

Thanks, Richard

This sort of reminds me of a conversation I had with a young teen a couple of years ago. He was eager to tell me that he was going to Santiago de Compostela with his family for a holiday. They were religious. 'I hope they have some theme parks there ' he said. Hmm I changed the subject. He came back with a shell and a walking stick - which he was very proud of. So I guess he had fun in Santiago.

I am not sure about Spanish Zoos. The ones nearby us are very small. It depends what zoos you are used to. We like to visit Chester in the UK, after there nothing compares.

I am also interested to find out more about the zoo in Vigo. Perhaps you could try posting the same question on the mediterranean board and see what response you get? There seem to be more posts relating to Vigo over there. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Please, do yourself a favor and go to Santiago de Compostela. You don't have to be religious to enjoy it. In addition to its impressive Cathedral, the other historic buildings as well as the city are a jewel on its own.

I don't know what other stops your ship does, but this IMO would be one of the highlights.

I have never heard of the zoo in Vigo and I'm familiar with the area.

Archived