Enchantment 'sideways' cabins

Hey folks,

Has anyone been in one of the 'sideways' cabins on the Enchantment? I'm talking about the inside K cabins on decks 7 and 8.

What's the configuration like in those rooms? It appears as though you enter from the long side, rather than the short end of the cabin

I'm about to book 7081, 7581, or 7585. I believe these are in the new section, unless anyone knows otherwise...?

Thanks!

-John

Hey folks,

Has anyone been in one of the 'sideways' cabins on the Enchantment? I'm talking about the inside K cabins on decks 7 and 8.

What's the configuration like in those rooms? It appears as though you enter from the long side, rather than the short end of the cabin

I'm about to book 7081, 7581, or 7585. I believe these are in the new section, unless anyone knows otherwise...?

I must admit, I didn't actually go look at a deck plan to see where those cabins are, but I just recently (May) spent 12 nights in a "sideways" inside cabin on her sister ship Legend.. I was a bit concerned about it, only because I'd never been in one that was arranged tat way, and I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised. For as small as the inside cabins on Vision class ships are, it was very functional - the entrance was on the side just behind the bathroom, which meant you pretty much entered in the "center" of the room - the bathroom and closet were one direction and the bed and "sitting area" the other. The closet was at the extreme end of the room, and aside from a little jockeying between the bathroom door and the closet when 2 people were trying to get dressed, it really didn't feel like the "long and narrow" room that insides can sometimes be. All in all, if given the choice between a "traditional" inside and one flipped on it's side, I'd take the flipped room now.

I just returned from Enchantment yesterday and while I did not stay in one of the cabins your are questioning, I peeped in them everytime I walked down the long hallway to reach my aft/corner cabin on deck 7. I thought they looked very nice! They seemed very roomy compared to other inside cabins I've peeped at! :D The door did seem to be right in the middle of the cabin with the beds being to one side and the vanity and bathroom being to the other side. Somehow that seemed to make it seem roomier when looking in to the cabin. I don't know how it felt from inside though. They looked pretty comfortable to me!

My wife and I, both small to average size adults, stayed in one on deck seven, new section. The cabin was every bit as nice as any other, but we found the door, bathroom, closet, vanity arrangement put everything in very close proximity to each other. At times we found it very tight trying to shower, dress, dry hair, etc., for two adults at the same time. This arrangement also allowed passers-by to see in much easier if the door was opened, requiring a little more discretion.

This arrangement also allowed passers-by to see in much easier if the door was opened, requiring a little more discretion.

This is a very true statement! As I said before, I "peeped" in many of these cabins recently because the doors were open as I passed by and I did feel as if I had a very clear view of everything (and eveyone) in the cabin. When I say "peeped" I really just mean that as I walked by I turned my head and looked into these cabins if they had their door open. When the door is open, the cabin is very exposed! Definitely use discretion when you open your door! Make sure you get the "all clear" from your travel mate! ;)

Both times we were on Enchantment I took a different DD and a friend and they had the sideways cabin - once and aft deck 8 inside and then a first cabin around the corner from aft on deck 7. They were not in the new section. And there was no problem with accidental peekers because of the aft location with minimal foot traffic.

The cabins were just as described. I went in and thought they were great. I'd be willing to stay in one but only with another female - not DH - he likes cabins with balconies and more space. They seemed somewhat bigger to me than a standard ocean view on Majesty of the Seas. They were configured with beds apart against each wall with a center aisle.

This is a very true statement! As I said before, I "peeped" in many of these cabins recently because the doors were open as I passed by and I did feel as if I had a very clear view of everything (and eveyone) in the cabin. When I say "peeped" I really just mean that as I walked by I turned my head and looked into these cabins if they had their door open. When the door is open, the cabin is very exposed! Definitely use discretion when you open your door! Make sure you get the "all clear" from your travel mate! ;)

Hey there BV,

How was cabin 7666? Did you check out your Bible? :) Was anything in it?

Hey there BV,

How was cabin 7666? Did you check out your Bible? :) Was anything in it?

7666 was terrific! It's the best aft balcony I've seen so far! Perfect blend of sun and shade for us! I DID check the Bible but someone had gotten to it before me! Darn it all! ;)

Archived