guide recommendations

oyster bay

We will be leaving on July 12 for Lisbon and join the cruise on July 15 (Silver Wind). Can anyone suggest either guides or sights to not miss for: Lisbon, Vigo, St. Malo, Honfleur, Ostende and Copenhagen. We have already been to Honfleur, Mont St. Michel and Copenhagen but would like to know if you have any favorite places.

Thanks.

Holly

We will be leaving on July 12 for Lisbon and join the cruise on July 15 (Silver Wind). Can anyone suggest either guides or sights to not miss for: Lisbon, Vigo, St. Malo, Honfleur, Ostende and Copenhagen. We have already been to Honfleur, Mont St. Michel and Copenhagen but would like to know if you have any favorite places.

Thanks.

Holly

It may be a bit late for July 15 but I can without reservation recommend Jorge Bras in Lisbon.....jmbras@netvisao.pt......

An educator/teacher who is adding guide/driver to his resume. Was an exchange student to U.S. family in New Jersey 25 years ago, excellent English, nice Mercedes, fair price. Charming gentleman. I will use him again day before I board Whisper in September.

You won't be disappointed.

I can also vouch for Jorge, one of the best guides I've ever had. He lived in New Jersey and speaks perfect English plus is a great guy. You can't do better. I will be using him in November again.

I can also vouch for Jorge, one of the best guides I've ever had. He lived in New Jersey and speaks perfect English plus is a great guy. You can't do better. I will be using him in November again.

WRIPRO -- I too am from California and am wondering how you were referred to Jorge. My TA gave me his name -- after using him prior to boarding SS in Lisbon. I used him last November disembarking Lisbon for a full day tour and environs, then he picked me up at hotel for delivery to the airport next morning.

He is a real gentleman. Enjoyed him very much.

Mary Ann (aka Dusababy .... my cat)

Dusababy,

Jorge was referred to me by a travel agent as well. He picked us up in May from a Seabourn cruise and we spent a whole day together in Cascais. He chose a wonderful restaurant for lunch and although we begged him to join us he refused. Then he dropped us off at the airport for an evening flight to London. We will be spending four days in Lisbon in November and Jorge will be with us for all our sightseeing. Gentleman is the perfect description for him.

Archived