Currency in the Bahamas?

KC_fn

Ok this question is really dumb, but I'd hate to find out too late...

In the Bahamas, I'm assuming that my American currency and my American credit card will work? (St. Thomas and St. Maarten)

(Told ya it was dumb)

St Thomas is a US territory, US currency and all the US services, St Martin is half French half Dutch, but I believe US currency will work for small expenses, use credit cards for large charges. St Thomas and St Martin are not the Bahamas:)

Enjoy,

B.

We have always been able to use American currancy in St Thomas (US) and St Maarten. In St Maarten we always use small bills to get back as little as possible of their change.

I am assuming that you are also stopping at the Bahamas as well - again - use small US bills.

Credit cards -- don't know of a port that doesn't love them.

Thank you all! (Oops @ not knowing what country any of these places really are :o )

I'll be sure and take lots of small bills -- thank you especially for that advice. I'll want a few non-US bills as souvenirs, but I want the rest to be spendable when I get back home.

We do land based vacations to Nassau at least once and usually twice a year. It is my DH favorite place to relax. You can use American money but they will give you Bahamian money for change. I have at least $65.00 in Bahamian change and I keep saying next time I go I will take it and spend it but $65.00 is a lot of change to wag around so it stays in my drawer at home.

Archived