Lanai Snorkeling Excursion

pisces223

Has anyone gone over to Lanai on an excursion? We're thinking of snorkeling there when we are on Maui in August. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg (need those for snorkeling). I know that there's a ferry from Lahaina. Can you just take it over for a few hours? Can you get to some good snorkeling easily once you get off the ferry? Is it worth it? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

I haven't taken a ferry to Lanai, but gone there with tours a few times. Snorkeling in Lanai is excellent. There are good some coral heads right at the harbor entrance, maybe even inside, can't remember. In front of the fancy hotel, Lanai Hotel(?) is a marine park and snorkeling is good there. Beautiful beach, too. The hotel is not far from the harbor as I remember. I know what you mean about arm and leg. The Trilogy, though an excellent tour, is expensive. I've also gone there with a snorkel boat, and the price was reasonable. There must be some who do Lanai.

Archived