Fort Lauderdale Hotels???

steffie

We stayed there a couple of years ago for one night prior to a cruise. The room was adequate and the inclusive breakfast excellent. The one major problem with this hotel is it is situated in a bad area. I would recommend that if you plan on going out after dark you take a cab rather than walk.

The only hotel I know of that includes free parking while you are gone on your cruise in that area would be the Amerisuites off 17th Street. Not a great hotel, but not all that bad if you are only spending one night. The price on hotwire and priceline is very low and the savings from the free parking more than will pay for the room while you are gone.

I travel quite a bit through my job so I have plenty of Marriott points to use personally. In December we spent 2 nights pre cruise at the Marina with a port view. It was just wonderful. To wake up on Saturday and Sunday morning, sitting out on our balcony and see those beautiful ships coming in was so exciting, especially knowing we would soon be boarding one of the ships. When we checked out and headed to the port, both my husband and I commented that staying a couple of days in advance would now be part of our cruising routine.

just back, stayed at Embassy suites priceline $55. had a view of the port and could see caribbean princess from our room. had a good breakfast but took a cab (instead of the shuttle) to the port, only 5 minutes away. the shopping is just across the street at eckerds and publix, very convenient. ate dinner at the outback. they have a lovely pool, the rooms are a bit worn.

Stayed At The Amerisuites Plantation, Nice Small Hotel, Shuttle To And From The Airport/pier And Also Allows Free Parking For Your Vehicle While Your Away. Breakfast Is Nice(waffles) But Not Large, Enough To Fill You Until You Get To The Ship. Sign Up Early For The Shuttle And You Won't Have Any Problems. The Hotel Was Not Far From The Highway Or The Airport/pier. PRICE RANGES FROM $65 TO $85

Is the Amerisuites Plantation a different one than the one commonly mentioned here as being on 17th? (That question sounds dumb even to me, sorry but really need to know!) If so is there anything within walking distance ie restaurants, grocery stores that type of thing? Does it have a pool? Thanks a bunch.

Just rebid downtown Ft Lauderdale on priceline (3*). Got the Marriott Fl Lauderdal Hotel and Marina for $75 (next June). So, depending on your dates, it looks like this hotel can be had for $70 -- $75, as of today. (I Bid $69, three days ago, with no luck.) Good luck! Kel

Just spent 3 nights at the Marriott Courtyard Airport/Cruiseport during Hurricane Frances. The hotel is only 1 year old and very nice. The staff was exceptional with accomodating everyone during this time. They did provide shuttle service to the pier and had parking available. There was not much within walking distance but alot within a cheap taxi ride. I was suppose to stay at the Marriott Marina, but due to the evacuation, the Courtyard more that made up for things. Service was A++.

Just an FYI to those bidding on the Marriott Marina on priceline. I bid $78 on 3 star downtown (11/1), hoping for the Marriott, and won, but was 'automatically upgraded' (in other words no choice) to the 4 star Renaissance. It will do fine for us, but those who are joining friends might want to know that this can happen.

I am trying again...... anyone have any opinions on the Radisson Bahia Mar? I have heard that it is a nice place. On the beach and the intracoastal.

That whole priceline thing makes me a little nervous. I like being able to pick where I want to stay. Sounds like alot of people make out just fine with it. Maybe I will try it sometime.

yes they have a small outside pool. there is a mall behind the hotel with some places to eat( this one you can walk to) free parking while on the cruise and the sawgrass mall is close by to drive but not walk.

anyone know anything about the LaQuinta Inn near the FLL airport???

we are booked there through priceline pre and post cruise next month....

says they offer continental breakfast and shuttles to the airport and the pier...

anything within walking distance????

Marsha

Marsha: I read some very good reviews on La Quinta Inn on tripadvisor.Check it out.I also bidded on it through Priceline and got it for $42.Out of curiousity,how much did you pay.It looks nice and with the free shuttle service and breakfast, it can't be beat.

I second goodml's question... anybody know?

Thanks
A
PS... got a room at La Quinta (through [url="http://www.priceline.com"]www.priceline.com[/url] -downtown FLL) for 4/9/05 for $41. Although Priceline lists it as a 2*, AAA lists it as a 3* (just food for thought)... and [url="http://www.tripadvisor.com/"]www.tripadvisor.com[/url] reviews are all very encouraging.:D

I thought that I should share a story about the days Inn Fort Lauderdale because I know it's a property that is often used for pre-cruise stays. I heard about the property on cruise critic and booked it based on the positive reviews. (I am an independent travel agent and I had booked a group trip with my family andfriends.)

I booked 3 rooms at the Days inn On Northfederal Hwy at the TA rate of 49.95$ last September for travel March 2004. The day before our departure I called and added a room for a friend but he to pay 89$ for because it was last minute and the rates increased, which was fine. I asked the clerk to guarantee everything to his credit card for late arrival and we would provide our own when we checked-in. (Our plane was not landing until 12:00 am)

We showed up at the hotel around 3:00 am. (Yes, it took a while to get our bags, get the rental van, find something to eat and make our way to the hotel). When we arrived the clerk said that she had given our rooms away and that the hotel was full. There was 10 of us randing in age from 27 to 65 and it was 3:00 am. The clerk said that the travel agent had cancelled the rooms, I told her that was me, so she said that Shelly had canceled them and again, I told her that was me. She then said that they weren't guaranteed. I asked her to pull up the reservations and on one of the 4 they had put the credit card that I had called in the day before. Trying to be diplomatic, I told her that I wanted at least that 1 room and she said that she gave that away about 20 minutes before we got there. She said that she had had a guy leaving in 30 minutes, we could have his room for 120$,but she couldn't change the sheets because house keeping wasn't there yet. (Aside from that being disgusting, how do you get 10 people in 1 room?)

I called the 1-800 Days inn reservation number and started telling the CSR the problem to see if she could find another hotel nearby (she couldn't find 4 rooms anywhere). Meanwhile the lady behind the counter threatened to call the police...she said we were loud and unruly. I asked the CSR on the phone to witness what she was hearing in the background because we weren't doing anything except trying to find another hotel.

The check -in clerk even had the nerve to say, if your plane landed at midnight, you should have been here hours ago...the rooms were guaranteed, what difference would it make?

We ended up at a Motel 6 in Miami. They only had 3 rooms available and all with only 1 bed. My husband and I slept on the floor in 1 room (the clerk gave us a ke to another room where aguys had checked out, so thatw e could gethis comforter.) (It was sort of gross, but we figured that the hotel doesn't wash the comforters every day anyway so what was the difference. Our friends who were sick took thebed. In the second room one couple took the bed and on of the single passengers took the floor (he didn't even know them, he knew us), In the third room, my mom and her sister took the bed while while my dad took the floor. By that time it was 4:30 am and no one cared...we had been up for almost 24 hours.

Needless to say, we paid more at the motel 6 than we would have at the Days Inn.

Upon our return I called Days inn and filed a formal complaint. I received a letter a few weeks later instructing me to contact the hotel...I have tried them monthly for the last 5 months and no one will return my call. Today I called the Days Inn customer service number back and told them the situation, she said her files indicated the hotel said we didn't have a guarantee. I told her that I had a copy the reservation from the hotel that proved differently, she put me on hold. A few minutes later she said her manager told her they considered the case closed because it happened 6 months ago.

I asked to speak to this manager and he was suddenly on the phone!!! The supervisor just called me back. He said that the rooms I booked through the 1-800 were never held to a credit card, and the one I booked the day before we departed was booked through the hotel so Days inn couldn't help. I reinterated that I called the hotel directly to make the last booking the day before arrival and gave a credit card and confirmed everything. He told me that was my mistake. If you book directly with the hotel, Days inn won't help, plus he said, your client wasn't charged so what is the problem.

The fact that the hotelleft 10 people destitute at 4:00am, and that we ended up paying more for less rooms elsewhere, didn't concern him at all.

Bottom line, if you book Days Inn, use central rez. If you can help, book elsewhere.

• 6 months later...
[quote name='orlandomike']Hi,

The last time I was there I used a company called BC Express I found them to be excellent. They even went to the trouble of going back to my hotel to find my mobile and posted it back to me when I left it.

There web site is [url]www.bcsexpress.com[/url]

If they are half as good with you as they were with me you will be very happy, and there prices are good to.

They helped me with hotel's in Las Vegas, Ft Lauderdale and Miami

Regards

Mike[/QUOTE]
Interesting, all of orlandomike posts are about bcsexpress....could they be one and the same? Sounds like self-promoting advertising to me

Archived