*Ladies Room* No men please

oraf7

Hi Ladies with 4 teens and 3 women we are bound for the *Monthly Visitor* How do I found out what beaches in Bemuda, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk and St Thomas have Ladies Room Facilities. Any suggestions! Thanks

My suggestions would be to look at the ports of call boards, see which beaches you might be going to, and try and find their website, as most will post info about them. Also, there's a book. Frommer's Caribbean Ports of Call, again, i don't have it, but have seen it, and its got lots of detailed info, and more than likely will tell you what facilities each beach has.

I can say that Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda and Magen's Bay in St. Thomas have restrooms, and Magen's Bay has changing facilities as well; i honestly don't remember about Horseshoe Bay.

My suggestions would be to look at the ports of call boards, see which beaches you might be going to, and try and find their website, as most will post info about them. Also, there's a book. Frommer's Caribbean Ports of Call, again, i don't have it, but have seen it, and its got lots of detailed info, and more than likely will tell you what facilities each beach has.

I can say that Horseshoe Bay in Bermuda and Magen's Bay in St. Thomas have restrooms, and Magen's Bay has changing facilities as well; i honestly don't remember about Horseshoe Bay.

Frommer's Caribbean Ports of Call does give information about facilities at beaches as well as other great information. I highly recommend this book.

Clearwater Beach, Shelly Bay, Tobacco Bay, Horseshoe Bay, St. Catherine's Beach, Snorkel Park Beach all have restrooms. There may be others but these are the ones I'm sure about.

Sorry, didn't specify that these are all in Bermuda.

Actually I've been doing some research of possible ways to reschedule that unwanted monthly visitor to a week before or after. I was hoping someone would have a suggestion here! Is there a doctor in the house lol!

Actually I've been doing some research of possible ways to reschedule that unwanted monthly visitor to a week before or after. I was hoping someone would have a suggestion here! Is there a doctor in the house lol!

I have actually done this without birth control pills. (My OB/GYN was willing to give me some bcp to hold off my period for our last cruise, but I decided that I did not want to be bloated, bitchy, etc.)

I use Aygestin. Having had problems with my period before, my doctor prescribed them to get me started whenever I go too long between.

I count my cycle days to make sure I'll be clear for the cruise. Then I count back because I take the pills for 10 days, then my period starts about three days later. They aren't any different in severity with or without so I can plan well. I start the pills 15-17 days before my cruise.

Luckily I do not have to take Aygestin very often (Once every year or so.) so I don't really worry about any side effects.

Talk with your doctor or pharmacist to see if this is a good idea for you.

Good luck.

Another option is something called a Diva Cup or Keeper. I love mine, and I only have to worry about it when I get up and when I go to bed. It's not as icky as you might think, and it's great not to have to worry about carrying supplies and finding a decent bathroom.

I had my tubes tied 16 years ago. In recent years my period had become extremely heavy. So heavy I was home bound for several days a month.

I have fibroids that I will have taken care of some day.

Last year at my annual gyn appt. (May 06), I told my doctor I was going to Colorado to a Ranch Resort and my period would be arriving then. I'd be horseback riding, hiking etc. She put me on Seasonal, the birth control program where I have a period only four times a year. (90 days on, one week off.) When starting it, I timed it so I would not be on my period in Colorado. Worked great. I just started another year prescription, and timed it so that I would not be on my period for my cruise in November.

Best thing is that now when I do get my period, it is very light. Nothing like before.

My daughter likes the Diva Cup. I tried a two years ago before taking a trip to Cancun. I just didn't work for me. This was also with my heavy periods. The cups take practice and getting used to.

Just remember to take enough tampons and pads along with you. Thru experience of having a pre menopause "surprise", I had to settle on whatever kind they had on the ship and at the ports which definitely gave me nothing like my usual braNDS. Plus, the stores on the ship weren't open early morning when I needed some tampons and I had to go to the medical facility and wait in line to buy a small box of 5 for 10$ !

Be prepared!!! Ah..the wonders of womanhood!

If you do decide to try one of the medications (like Seasonale), please try it for several months before the cruise to make sure you don't have any adverse reactions. My DD had such a bad reaction to Seasonale that she had to go off it after a few weeks. Her doc kept telling her that reactions were common at first but would go away as your body adapted to the meds, but DD couldn't "hang in there" that long.

If you're already on a birth control pill, your doc might be willing to give you enough extra pills to delay your period until you return. In this case, your body is already used to that brand and dose (and type and amount of hormones), so you'll be less likely to get any annoying reactions.

And remember that some day this will all be just a memory- and you'll be cruising with hot flashes and night sweats. LOL

J

Be prepared!!! Ah..the wonders of womanhood!

Isn't that the truth. Men just don't understand the frustration.:rolleyes:

After my uterine ablation a couple years ago I was hoping to be free from this bother, but I am the 10% of women who still have a period.............. very frustrating. Last year I had mine during our cruise as well.. but with me now it is only a couple days so I guess the ablation was somewhat helpful.

Thanks for the info everyone I will keep these ideas in mind for next year.

JerseyGem- you are so right about the hot flashes though. It is a bummer to wake up in the middle of the night on fire!!!!:mad: Maybe by next cruise I will be finished with this stuff.

I had the same problem when my hubby booked a surprise cruise. I called my doctor and he gave me a pill that stopped it from coming for that month. I forget what it was called. Just call your doctor ad your problem will be solved.

I had the same problem when my hubby booked a surprise cruise. I called my doctor and he gave me a pill that stopped it from coming for that month. I forget what it was called. Just call your doctor ad your problem will be solved.

Nope...I tried that. My ob/gyn wouldn't even tell me how to alter the pills to possibly move it and I told him that I thought there were other options and he said no. (Which I know there is because i've read it time and time again). Anyway, I'm running out of time but I thought as a last effort I would also try my family doc. Maybe he will be more helpful in the area that you would THINK the doctor that specialized in that area would have been.

If you do decide to try one of the medications (like Seasonale), please try it for several months before the cruise to make sure you don't have any adverse reactions. My DD had such a bad reaction to Seasonale that she had to go off it after a few weeks. Her doc kept telling her that reactions were common at first but would go away as your body adapted to the meds, but DD couldn't "hang in there" that long.

If you're already on a birth control pill, your doc might be willing to give you enough extra pills to delay your period until you return. In this case, your body is already used to that brand and dose (and type and amount of hormones), so you'll be less likely to get any annoying reactions.

And remember that some day this will all be just a memory- and you'll be cruising with hot flashes and night sweats. LOL

I also had a horrible experience with Seasonale.. I was on it for 9 months.. gained 30 lbs and turned into a raging psycho :) As soon as I went off the meds.. I was back to my normal, mellow self within a few days. I still have some of the weight to lose, but it's coming off. Often times people who go on Seasonale have breakthrough bleeding for a year before their body adjusts. My doctor told me this was very common.

If you're on BC already - talk to your doctor about taking 2 packs back to back. Or.. if there are no bathrooms.. just make sure you are back on the ship within the right amount of time to avoid getting TSS. Often times you can use the same tampon for 6-8 hours.. may be long enough for your excursion. I've not had any experience with the cups, but they sound interesting. Good luck! Being a girl really can stink sometimes!

Nope...I tried that. My ob/gyn wouldn't even tell me how to alter the pills to possibly move it and I told him that I thought there were other options and he said no. (Which I know there is because i've read it time and time again). Anyway, I'm running out of time but I thought as a last effort I would also try my family doc. Maybe he will be more helpful in the area that you would THINK the doctor that specialized in that area would have been.

It's very simple. Go on birth control pills. If you want to delay your period, just don't stop the pills, keep taking them through your vacation. If you like to have gotten your period and be over and done with it (which is what I always liked), I would stop taking the last 2-3 pills starting a couple of months before vacation. That would keep moving my period up a week or so.

I've gone through menopause now (I was one of the very lucky ones who just suddenly one month stopped having periods and had no other symptoms whatsoever...no hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, insomnia, etc.), so it's nice not to have to bother with this stuff anymore.

Archived